Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-20, 11:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have some good news! I got the DEXA results back on the patient portal and it revealed that I've moved back down to osteopenia. Frankly I'm surprised considering my COVID-induced months of funk, eating crap and not getting my body weight exercise in. Hip went from -2.5 to -2.4 (not much, but I'll take it), the femoral neck went from -2.5 to -1.7 (yay!) and the spine went down some but it's hard to read.

Is "down" the right way to say it? I mean up I think. LOL I wrote to my doctor to ask for clarification. I'm really motivated to do the right things that are within my control.

Sherry, I still need to get to that FPY practice too.

Pam, Killer Queen walk? That sounds awesome. I'm going to check out WOW when it's too cold to walk outdoors.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 01:59 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, that is great news! I am so happy for you !

I tried the Killer Queen walk when I did a trial. I really liked that one! (big shock )

Pam, fantastic job on the steps!

This morning:

Team Body Project circuit workout-now my hip flexors are talking to me! I haven't done squats and lunges enough recently.

Yoga Ranger 14 minute yin yoga for the back

I had planned to do short cardio today, but with my hip flexors feeling tight I think it's wise to wait until tomorrow for cardio.

Enjoy your day-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 08:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Trail walk with DH
~25 min rebounding
~Slow Flow yoga class on google drive - I had a 10 class card at the hot yoga studio in Victoria and they converted it to to $. So I bought an on demand class card & still have $ left for another. This class was lovely, just what I needed, & made me realize I need more yoga in my life!
~Steps....approaching 10,000

Finally seeing some definition in the clouds & blue sky peaking through, yay! We can see out across the water to the hills on the far islands between us & the mainland, a huge improvement. I hope this means the fires are coming under control.

Pat - That’s great news about your dexa results! Yes WOW is a nice option when the weather isn’t good. I’ve enjoyed it this past week with all the smoke outside and it will be nice when the rainy winter sets in.

Sherry - I’ve heard good things about Team Body Project.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 06:40 PM  
cyana

A quick post and run.....the usual - I'm not dead and I haven't been abducted by aliens, but oh my gosh did my busy season kick in this past week with a vengeance!! I don't want to know how many hours I worked, which included a 17.5 hour day and working today. As you might imagine, work-outs were brief and a couple of days, nonexistent. I'm doing some breath work every morning before I get up and every night before I fall asleep. And I've tried to at least do a N.O. dump on the days I didn't get in a real work-out.

Wanted to wave to everyone and will try to pop in at least by next week - end.

I'd love a Killer Queen walk!!!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~7 km trail walk - blue skies today
~ePilates: Barre Blend
~MFML: Wrist Free Flow - I love this one, all standing with a circular flow ~headstand & Yamuna’s stretch
~steps....approaching 11,000

Nice to hear from you Cyana!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 07:41 AM  
cyana

A quick good morning to all - I've been dragging the last several days and the only way to stop dragging is to get moving.

This AM:
Cardio and Weight intervals on the rebounder with focus on the biceps, push-ups, squats and calf raises (high reps for all - 30 reps x 3 sets). I followed that with a good stretch and some extra cardio. I listened to Leonid & Friends on YT - I never tire of their music and they look like they're having so much fun.

Time to grab coffee and get back to the computer. I'm starting the day with my desk in the up position, so hopefully I can get in some extra Stealth Fitness, including some Essentrics hip cleaners.

Time to run!

Old 09-21-20, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! It's nice and brisk here, good walking weather. Friday evening through Saturday I felt off - maybe a short-lived bug? But Sunday was great, between a long beach walk and an after-dinner walk I logged 3.65 miles and 1.45 hours!! Over 12,000 steps for the day.

Pam, I need more yoga too. Especially since we are on a yoga check-in.

Cyana, oh my a 17.5 hour day? That's cruel! Who can blame you for dragging. Hopefully things will normalize soon?

Good morning Sherry.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 10:03 AM  
sherry7899

Cyana-wow, I am sorry you had such a horribly long day. I hope work will calm down for you soon-hugs!

Pat-great job on the steps! I am glad you are better. I am sorry you did not feel well on Saturday.

Pam-great job on your steps!!

I forgot to check in yesterday. I was missing my dancing, so I did Soul Sweat with Maria "Releasing the Wild Woman within." I did the whole hour of cardio, but instead of doing the 12 minute stretch, I did a Sarah Beth yoga class instead.

I may take a rest day today. I woke up feeling stiff (I should stretch) and not up for weights, which is what I had planned. I had my crown put in this morning-glad to be done with dental work! I'll check back later if I do something. My hip flexors and shoulders feel tight.

I had to fight to get to 10,000 steps last night, which surprised me. My hour of cardio was close to 4,000 steps and we went to Trader Joe's and BJ's. I thought that would rack up more steps. I must have been a lump most of the rest of the day! Trader Joe's had pumpkin butter, fall harvest salsa and pumpkin pancake mix, so I stocked up. We don't usually go on weekends, but my husband thought it might be less crowded in the afternoon since most people around here are home watching football. I only had to wait less than five mintues to get it. Shopping was quick, but the checkout was a little backed up.

I am going to do a bunch of batch cooking to get healthy food made for most of the week.

Have a great day-
sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 04:55 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi Yoga Cross Trainers...

I've been logged out of VF since the beginning of September! So weird. I had to have Pam contact Wendy to get me back in.

Not much new with me. I've returned to 2 in person classes; the remainder of my classes remain on Zoom.

This weekend I participated in a charity walk with some of my participants. A local woman that I have worked with was involved in a freak accident involving a loose lug nut and her face! She's lucky to be alive. Those random freak accidents always give me pause; we should count our blessings. Things can change very quickly.

Hope you are all well.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 07:32 AM  
cyana

The quick "keeping the momentum going" post and run.

This AM:
YT - LWR - Walk and Tone - full body - posted 2.11.2020

One thing I like about Lucy is that she tries to include movements in all planes. I thought I'd get creative this AM and kept my eyes closed during several sections of the work-out - challenge the body and the brain as she had the upper and lower body moving in different directions.

For the rest of the working stiffs, she's recently posted some seated work-outs - may try some of those as a mid-day brain break, especially if I can't get out for a walk.

Hi Jackie - good to see you. Hope all is well with your family. Yeesh on that accident - I hope she makes a full recovery.

Waves to ALL. Worked 13 hours yesterday and I'm getting ready to grab the coffee and head back to the desk.