Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-20, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning, I was missing Pahla so I did:

25 Min Weight Loss Power Walk - which was a pretty typical Pahla routine!
CS 1305 -

Is anyone else besides me just feeling NO motivation to do anything? I have a long to-do list and I want to do none of it. You would think w/ activities being limited still that I would be getting more done with the extra time, but I just procrastinate more....

Waves, everyone.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I did a 47 minute walk yesterday afternoon in addition to the KCM workout I already reported.

DONNA, I too am feeling totally unmotivated. I have been out of work since covid started so you would think I would have gotten so much done around the house with all the extra time but that's not the case at all. I procrastinate, that's exactly it and I don't know why. My DH said it's like you figure oh I can get to it tomorrow and it just keeps getting pushed off. I don't know. But I look back and it's 6 months that I could have decluttered and worked on projects around the house

Waves to ROSE & PAT.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 07:31 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Yay! I finally signed up for BodyElectric streaming. I did the first one in the 400 series yesterday. Maybe it was filmed in the late 1980s?
It's funny, I wanted to exercise to the music but other than a Michael Bolton song,"That's what love is all about," I didn't know the songs.
The exercises were faster paced than her DVDs. On segment 401, the warmup was long and she did some advanced stretches that I wasn't going to attempt. Then some deltoid work, fast and different than her normal stuff. Then abs, then glutes and finally she did a killer inner thigh segment. It was so tough! A short cool down to Mr. Bolton and that was it.

It was fun!

And today was segment 405. This one was all done standing with a shorter warmup and longer cool down. Deltoids & triceps were worked all unweighted and again it was tough. It went on and one until the songs ended. Then biceps with weights, again faster than DVDs. Obliques were stretched for 4 minutes. I can feel my muscles. Margaret warned that we may be sore and I believe her.
Then quads and calves worked to Michael Jackson's "Gonna Make a Change" and that was dancey and fun.

Donna & Summer Breeze- You both mention feeling unmotivated. The only thing I can think of is to do what's enjoyable. The best thing to me is walking.

Waves to Pat!

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 06:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did AM Callanetics and a 49 minute walk.

ROSE, wow that Body Electric streaming sounds awesome! Hard to believe unweighted deltoids and triceps would cause soreness but with MR anything is possible. I do walk daily, it's the only thing I've ever been so consistent with. It's getting this house decluttered that is my problem.

Hi PAT & DONNA!

Have a great day!
Old 09-21-20, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is ready for Monday (I'm NOT). But, I have hope that at some point this week I will get good news on something at work...hopefully.....either way I hope to have a direction to go in!

Anyway - today was:

Essentrics TV - A.M. Workout w/ Meg - this was a short 15 min morning session to loosen up and get started. It is funny, i used to do Essentrics after my "regular" workout to stretch out - but now I'm doing it before to loosen up!

Faithful Workouts - Pazaz in the Barn - this is from the DVD set that Michelle recently released. I believe it is also on her streaming platform. Her Pazaz (cardio dance) workouts are a lot of fun - that format seems to have disappeared from "modern" workouts - w/ so much focus on drills, HIIT, etc. These are Christian based workouts, so may not be for everyone, but I"m feeling the need for those messages lately.

Unshaken Yoga - (You Tube) - Gentle Morning Yoga - this is Michelle's daughter's channel - this was a nice low key practice that was a good follow up to the cardio workout. It was about 10 minutes.

Yesterday I got an outdoor walk in and also squeezed in a Yoga w/ Adriene practice -for hamstrings and lower back. It was enjoyable, I can almost see myself going back to Adriene at some point.

Summer Breeze - oh, Callanetics, I haven't done that in ages!! I have been working from home fof 6 months now and you would think that the "extra" time I have from not commuting, getting ready, etc. would yield more time to get stuff done, but that hasn't happened. Also, many things are still restricted so I should, in theory, have more time to be productive, but all i really want to do is lay around, read and, at least I do want to workout. I just don't want to do anything around the house or for work.....

Pat - waves!

Gypsy Rose - I hope you enjoy the site, please keep sharing your thoughts!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-21-20, 08:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA, I felt kind of funky Friday and Saturday, like maybe a brief bug of some kind. Wicked headaches. Sunday was great though, DH and I had two walks and racked up a 5K plus walking for almost two hours. Also did my back PT, stretching and inversion.

Summer, I'm glad you got to visit with your sister. I feel so back for people who are especially vulnerable to this rotten virus.

Rose, how fun that you are trying out MR's streaming. The few BE shows I've been able to try were courtesy of a friend who had recorded them on PBS - we've never had BE where I live. I like the energy of them. Sounds like she's whipping you into shape!

You've been busy Donna, great workouts and yoga. No - so not ready for Moan Day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 07:11 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!
A walk today. There's a 3 month period where I rarely get to walk so I'm jealous of you who have been walking.

Yesterday I praised the faster movements of Margaret. Today, my knee was sore! Margaret was quickly doing 4 counts of squats, then pivot, then 2 lunges, back to squats, pivot, and so forth. And I followed, and today I'm sore. Not too bad. A reminder to be more mindful in movements.

I have been following Margaret for 3 months now? Included with some Richard Simmons, some walking or Leslie Sansone so not a lot of exercise. And I have to say I haven't gotten much stronger or have results to share. It's better to move than to not move. There are no aches or pains. But no 'results'.

PatYou made me laugh at your phrase, 'whipped into shape.' Sometimes,Margaret makes me feel 'whipped' and I have a 'shape' which is usually on the mat, crying after the hamstring work!

Summer Breeze Oh, Callanetics is so relaxing and hard. It's a great one. Don't beat yourself up over procrastination. Things have been stressful. Sometimes we need to hibernate to recharge.

Donna I'll keep you updated on the BodyElectric streaming. Want to do as much as I can this month to get my money's worth.

Enjoy the evening,
Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 07:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Faithful Workouts - Lower Body in the Barn - I enjoyed this one - a lot of variety - she used weights, bands, and a ball. The format was "interval" style 35 seconds on, 10 seconds off. The time went by fast. She does some exercises that you don't see often in other videos - like side steps w/ the circular band around the ankles, etc.

I also added on a yoga practice from Michelle's daughter, Denika. It was short, around 15-20 minutes.

Later today I will get in some additional activity - perhaps a walk or CS....

Rose - I rarely see visible results - some things I have done where I have seen or felt results that come to mind are: A long time ago I did a version of the 100 push-up challenge - I didn't do 100 in a row ever - but I worked my way up to 5 sets of 20. I also incorporated some other basic exercises into this "circuit" and I really noticed a change in my arms. it was the first time anyone asked if I worked out! But, alas, I fell off the wagon and don't think I can get back on. I have felt results from doing CS regularly - in that it really reduces my back and hip pain - again, why am I not more consistent? I don't know!! i just tend to get bored. I also did some X-Factor body weight type rotation several years ago and I did notice results from that - stronger/more toned. And one year I was in a Pilates/Dance phase and it must have done something for my core strength b/c I remember shoveling snow for hours that winter w/ no back pain. So...maybe this tells me something about what I should be doing if I want to see and feel results, LOL!

Pat - glad you're feeling better!

Well, at least it is Tuesday...better than Monday!

Waves,

Donna
Old 09-22-20, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a short premix on Tracie Long's Defined Lines and a 49 minute walk.
I had started with KCM's new Super Sculpt dvd but she was going at a super fast pace with very light weights and it wasn't what I was looking for in my workout yesterday.
Maybe another day for that one.

DONNA, I see you have some yoga back in your routine. Good for you.

PAT, glad you're feeling better and got some walks in on Sunday. The weather is just too delightful.

ROSE, you may not have visible results but I think no aches and pains is a good thing. And I'm sure you must be a little stronger, at least stronger than you would have been if you hadn't been doing MR. I agree it's a little discouraging to be so consistent and not "see" anything though. Like you said, it's better to move than not to move though

Have a great day!

Old 09-22-20, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I still didn't get to my MR workout last night! My rheumatologist was late for our appointment last night, I was his last patient and I couldn't shut him up (he's a chatterbox). Oh well - at least he pays attention to me. Anyway, I accomplished some streaming workouts on my lunch break:

~ Mark Osmundsen Pilates Barre Blend
~ Kathy Smith 10 Minute Time Out - Walking

I have to run today ladies - make it a good day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad