Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-03, 03:01 PM  
desie

Talking Cathe Intensities not that intense?

I have the new Cathe tapes and I'm really glad because I needed new workouts and Cathe's workouts are reliably top notch. I have slowly been able to do a few of the workouts (sprained my foot 3 weeks ago, blah ).

So far I have tried:

Cardio plus Weights. My foot was wrapped in a tensor bandage and I could do all of it except the plyo squat jumps in the last step segment. I really enjoyed the succint weight sessions inbetween. Efficient, no fuss. But what does this mean? If someone with a sore foot could manage, is this one of Cathe's easiest step tapes yet?

Muscle Endurance. Gosh, I really enjoyed this workout. The only part I got a little bit stuck and had to push through was the third set of leg press. I was using just 10 lbs with the higher 17" step height. After I finished that third set, I had to pause the tape to recover. This was the only sticky part of the tape! I remember with Power Hour I was dying (and praying to die) several times over.

Pyramid Upper Body. Some trepidation starting this tape because it stretches past an hour, but surprise! The sections did not wipe me out! I even felt alert the evening after the workout, and didn't need to pass out after dinner. Okay, the biceps section is a bit cruel. Two counts up and down for an eternity of reps. And I could only do one of two jack-knifes on the ball - but I expect to improve!

What's the consensus? Are people finding these tapes not so tough after all? Desie
desie is offline   Reply With Quote