Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-20, 09:45 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 63 minute walk in the morning with DS and about 30 minutes of Kenpo X. I did like Kenpo but I had had it at that point and the choreography was messing me up a little. Well that's my story anyway . We got a late start today but we are planning a walk soon. It's brutal already so we'll see how far we get. It's a rest day on P90x and I may not do anything after the walk.

Our town had fireworks Friday night so we went. We parked in a nearby parking lot and watched from there along with hundreds of other people with the same idea. We kept our distance and had our masks on of course.

TERRI, good job with the walking and getting some housework done. I enjoy DOMS too for similar reasons. NJ was one of the first states with a horrible virus situation then we "flattened" the curve with the masks, lockdown and distancing. Now unfortunately people are getting emboldened and going out more with less precautions and of course there's a slight rise. Agh. They never learn. It's not going away anytime soon.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 07:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 55 minute walk with DS and that was it. Very hot and muggy. I am planning a walk today and it's P90x tris, shoulders and chest I think. Still hot and muggy but it will be that way for awhile. DD had invited some friends over yesterday and they were going to sit outside and hang out but then she got too anxious and cancelled. She's very concerned about this virus and is being very cautious. I told her I thought distancing outside with masks would be ok but she wasn't comfortable with it.
They zoomed instead .

Old 07-06-20, 12:56 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I walked a little over an hour yesterday, split into 3 different times. 30 minutes this morning, and do plan more later.

I've been reading more VF lately and getting inspired, I actually remember how much I used to enjoy weights so maybe I'll do more than 1 set of one body part today.

I've done a little weeding, and pulled worms off a tomato plant, but everything is looking so sad, I don't feel like doing too much in this heat. Mostly I water, and pick the cherry tomatoes, and pinch back herbs. I did see the cutest little tiny lizards! They must've just hatched recently, because I've never seen any that little before. There were two baby toads in a saucer under a plant, too. That makes me happy and encourages me to go outside!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 02:52 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I HAVE NEWS~ Hubby got the FedEx job! He starts the 13th but we don't know hours or days yet. We are so excited we don't know what to do with ourselves. He had told the school people that he was being interviewed and that this was ongoing since January, so this won't be a surprise to them. I assume he's going to work the rest of the week at school and then start at FE.

Today I did Jenny's Step California and March California. I've pretty much decided not to do anymore step workouts. They are slower paced and I clock watch the whole time.

The firecrackers were really bad on the 4th but have finally calmed down. Hubby figured out who's doing it and claims to drive by the houses at 5am honking his horn.

Terri, you are made of sterner stuff that I am. I resent going outside just to shake off the rugs while cleaning today. I did throw the frisbee for Cindy between shakes however.

Nora, our neighbor who has a big garden told me our tomatoes aren't doing well because they are in pots. She says that the ground must be moist so even if we water every day they are going to dry out. Unfortunately the best sunshine is in the front.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 54 minute walk with DS in the morning and P90x CS&T plus about 10 minutes of Ab Ripper X. Phew. It was also humid and 97 degrees!
We had some severe t-storms in the afternoon, including marble sized hail stones, but the humidity is lingering on. We are planning a walk soon.
It's Plyo X today so I'll pass on that. Maybe pilates or maybe nothing after the walk.

TERRI, nice job with the walking. I enjoy weight work too. Since doing P90x I'm thinking of maybe doing some Cathe rotations when I'm done. I am extremely rotationally challenged though. I'm glad the tiny lizards and toads make you happy.

PENGUIN, congrats to hubby!! Great news. I'm so happy for you both. I like hearing good news during these troubled times. And I definitely think hubby should drive by those houses and make some noise at 5 am!

Old 07-07-20, 03:53 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today I did a workout by FitnessType.com. The female instructor is Swedish/Norwegian so had a great accent. I liked the workout which started with a wu, cardio set, lb exercises, cardio, ub exercises, cardio, abs and cd/st. Most of the weight exercises were compound/dual in nature, working more than one body part at a time.

SB, thanks for the congratulations. We went out to dinner at a steakhouse we had never been to before. It was a little expensive but it was a celebration. We were so socially distant the had in one customer group per room. Sorry to hear about the storms and especially the hail!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 06:35 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

pP congratulations to your hubby. I’m glad it worked out and that you got a good meal into the bargain!

sB, are you sweltering hot? I am.

Hi Terri!

Today I did some stepping with Petra k. Yesterday was a pink firm with Emily, who looks about 15 years old. The day before was a big bike ride
Old 07-08-20, 08:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 60 minute walk in the morning with DS and that was it.
I left him with Plyo X all to himself. We are planning a walk soon and it's back and bis today with P90x.

PENGUIN, nice workout, sounds fun. The dinner sounds fun too. Wow that really is social distancing. I wonder how restaurants can make money with so few customers? No word from my restaurant, I'm pretty sure it's permanently done which as I've said many times, is fine by me.

NORA, great job keeping up with your workouts. Yeah sweltering hot is the word all right. No end in sight. But it beats frigidly cold, I think?

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!

Old 07-08-20, 02:00 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, congratulations to your Hubby!!! Do you have plant saucers under your tomatoes? I have two tomato plants in bags, but put a saucer under each to hold the moisture, so they can drink it back up when the bag gets dry. I do have to water every day.

SB, it must be nice to have someone to motivate you to get the workouts in. Nice job with the weights!

Hi Nora. I never clicked with Petra, don't remember why.

I did something to my back day before yesterday, and woke up yesterday in real pain. Took ibuprofen, crawled, felt a bit better so got on the treadmill. Lasted 2 minutes before the pain had me hobbling off. Walked all hunched over most of the day.

Actually, I kinda think it was putting too much incline on the treadmill the day before that did me in, because today I got on, started, and then lowered the incline to 2%, then 1% and have done right over an hour, with only minimal discomfort. I usually leave it on 3%, but since I'm not going very fast, decided to go up on it. Do not think I'll try that again.

Have a great day everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 08:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 62 minute walk in the morning with DS and then I did back and bis and most of Ab Ripper X. We are planning a walk soon and I think that's it for today. It may be Yoga X day but I'm out. Still so humid. I'm sweating already just sitting here.

TERRI, ouch on the back pain but I'm glad it's feeling better. Hopefully the lower incline is the answer.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!