Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-06-20, 10:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

I am migraine free today, yay, had a very good sleep last night.

We have our eldest granddaughter with us until Saturday. She is a treat to have around. I’m sure she will keep us busy, lol.

July 6:
~taught Essentrics on zoom
~neighbourhood walk and beach time with DH & our granddaughter
~maybe some yin later after we tuck her in

Lili - The no talk combined with good music is a WOW winner for me! I can’t handle a lot of Leslie, bless her chatty heart, lol. I believe WOW has a 7 day free trial and it’s set up to make pausing, restarting, or discontinuing your subscription very easy. I am on pause as of tomorrow, might do a month of Ellen next.

Cleda - You go girl!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 05:52 AM  
Helen

PAM
It's AMAZING how good you feel after something has been wrong and it's better. LOVE that feeling ! But happy to settle for feeling grateful that nothing hurts.

LILI
Even DH hates that "wok wok wok" woman! I'm fine with her, but bluetooth headphones are required. Yes, the WOW = utter contrast.

CLEDA
Do you have to stick to the days of the rides? Is there no flexibility to rearrange?

KAY
I love me a booming thunderstorm - so long as there's no damage & no leaks - its fabulous being cosily enclosed with the weather raging outside.

Tue., 7th Jul.
80min, Cathe - LITE - Cardio Party - Basic Mix 10 (= +Calorie Crush + Pyramid Chest + Abs 1 + Extended Stretch)
LITE officially has NO DREAD associated - these are definitely beg/int level.

Had expected to do Still Steppin' Section 2 again, right afterwards with buddy but she bailed tonight. Even more pleased I did a long one now.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 06:25 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Helen, with the mountains the thunder is amazing! It just rolls & echoes!

Pam, I'm glad your migraine is gone. I often have sinus headaches with low pressure fronts. I blame the pituitary cyst. What fun to have your granddaughter!

Lili, so wonderful to have family near! We saw all the airplanes on TV. I imagine in person they were even more impressive. I'm jealous of all you streaming people. We can do Zoom, audio only.

Speaking of ZOOM, there goes Cleda!

Yesterday was a bit of a bummer. I must have tweaked a calf muscle so I didn't quite make my step goal. The rain discouraged the dog walks as well. Ursella sat her butt down at the beginning of the path & refused to go walking. Silly girl!

Today the calf is better. Had a telehealth appointment with the nephrologist's PA about my bottoming out B/P. Consensus was my extended release bedtime med is too much. So she lowered the dose & got rid of the extended release. Let's hope it works. Passing out kind of freaks dh out.

Went to town for a few groceries & to the library. I'm so happy the library is open. I'm currently reading a Dorothea Benton Frank book. It's sad that she has passed away. Most of my walking today was at Lowe's & Walmart. No hills but I got my steps!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 12:01 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 7:
~neighbourhood walk
~ETV: Meg’s 30 min live workout
~Ellen’s new Kick Butt workout

Kay - Yikes, hope the med adjustment fixes the falling BP. My DH would definitely freak if I passed out. One our dear departed pooches hated rain, and had to be pushed out the door on a rainy day, lol.

Helen - Yes being pain free is a gift, especially at my age!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 04:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

As usual, limited time. But want to semi-stay on top of the check in before it gets away from me.

Helen: I could do the rides in any order. BUT ... I feel they design it pretty well. It usually goes, tough, not as tough, tough, not as tough. I have to do the 5 core rides + one Accelerator ride to qualify for the 2 extra credit rides. (This challenge, we can do one Power Zone ride for extra credit and ANY Peloton wokrout 30 minutes or longer to qualify. Gives me a little bit more variety). BUT ~ the extra credit rides can be done any time during the week and then checked off once completed. I analyze the week to see what workout fits best with my schedule. Historically (and this challenge is following the same plan) Weeks 6 and 7 are the most grueling and highest in TSS score. I like to get Monday's ride done Sunday, then 2 easy ones Monday. Just sets my week up better. They used to post several weeks at a time. Now they put out the next week's on Wed. and that's it. Can never be real far ahead. I'm glad I'm not travelling or vacationing as there's not much wiggle room to make up the rides. I think a lot of the team scores are suffering because of it. And because I always do my Sundays with Love ride with Nancy on Sunday - I get one of my Extra credit rides in without even thinking about it.

Pam: Headaches are no FUN at all! Glad you are feeling better.

Kay: I hope they figure out your meds. Passing out is kind of freaky. Tweaking muscles. Grumble, grumble ... I was walking up the steps and my knee did something wonky (it is fine now) but the pain was terrible. Like it went off track. And for no good reason at all. (Much like when I throw my back out). uggggg. we must be so careful. (PS... the knee is fine and was fine by the next day). I thought of you the other day - my son (the one I used to hike with) ordered a rower. He got the water kind - can't wait to try it. I have my terrible (cheap) one. Which I probably should hop on one of these days. May be time to upgrade.

Lili: Of course, I never pulled out the UNplugged workouts. I really should though. oy ... Keep talkin' em up. Never know when it might click with me.

Ok, on to me, me and all me:

7/6/2020: Power Zone 45 minutes endurance ride with Matt, plus 30 minute endurance ride with Olivia and then added on 5 minutes of Dead bug with Christine plus cool down stretches

7/7/2020: (Back at it) TOUGH 60 minute Power Zone ride !!!! Oy ... I just have one more tough, tough ride this week and it's done. I added on a 10 minute cool down ride (because they are so beneficial - I am learning to JUST ALLOW enough time to do them) and a stretch

I'm getting to the "tired" part of the week. But I will manage. I think today will be another endurance ride before work and then I only have one more tough ride!

Oh and Helen - I can't calculate weight in stones and am so glad we don't weigh that way. I imagine it could seem like forever to take it off! We get frustrated when we are only losing .5 of a pound or a pound, I can't even imagine stones!!! Goal is to lose approximately 4.29 more stone (or is it stones?) by the end of the journey before maintenance... (yes - I cheated and used Google.!!!)

Make it a great day everyone!!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 02:09 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I had to Google the conversion. You have made huge progress and I'm sure you will continue to do so. As far as Unplugged goes, there are a few down sides to them: no music, terrible warm-up and blah cool-down/stretch. One of the positives for me is she doesn't do things that hurt my knees, like lunges, and I still have some muscle soreness the next day. You can't do everything!
Kay - the air show was very impressive in person, even if it was only a flyover! I'm just happy that we were outside when it happened! I hope the change in meds helps. Passing out is scary and should be avoided. None of our dogs have liked rain and mostly refuse to go out if it's raining. I will be glad when our library is open again. For now, we can order things online, and when they are ready we make an appointment and do a curbside pick-up.
Pam - glad the migraine is gone! I think I will hold off on WOW for now since I'm already paying for 3 streaming sites, including Leslie's. I don't need 2 walking sites. Les Mills and Leslie I bought for a year, so when they expire I will rethink what to try next.
Helen - I like a thunderstorm, but our little dog is terrified, so I prefer to avoid them.

7/7 - As stated above, Margaret's warm-ups are not my cup of tea, so I did a Jessica Smith walking w/o followed by another Unplugged and then an evening dog walk.
7/8 - a long dog walk this morning, close to 3 miles. I still need to do an Unplugged and maybe something else. back to add UpToTheBeat MJ Power Walk and UP E12.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 08:50 PM  
Helen

KAY
Hope the change in medication amount is the right move for you. Fainting whilst on a walk in the mountains could mean you literally fall off a cliff!
Glad your calf problem was fleeting.
Oh yes - thunder echoing around the hills
LOVED your Zooming Cleda comment.

PAM
Haha on pushing the dog out the door when it's raining - that's me! Alice doesn't get a choice. Rain = Stay home. Wet = cold & I don't DO cold, na-uh.
How long before the Skype Essentrics testing?
Your GDD visiting is a credit to you - that she wants to, says good things about you and that's she's willing to, says good things about her.

CLEDA
Stone is also plural, like sheep. As with most things - what one is used to, is easier to deal with.
Thank you for taking the time to explain how the ride challenges work.
Take care with your knee - don't want that becoming a chronic issue. Do you think one of those firm-but-stretchy cuffs would be worthwhile for your rides?

LILI
Look at you - all modern with THREE streaming services! I'm still in the dark-ages with DVDs BUT.... have started working through all my discs to save their .iso files - expect they will be able to played on a computer for a long while yet.

Wed., 8th Jul.
38min, Christi - Still Steppin' - Section 2 Mix YES, have this down pat now!
19min, Leandro - Brazil Butt Lift - Tummy Tuck

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-09-20, 04:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick

As usual! Must be on the bike in about 10-20 minutes. If I want to get it done before work (and I do!)

Helen: not to worry on the knee. It was a twinge thing that was gone by the next morning. Just like my back, wrists, shoulders, etc. . . (hate when it happens, makes me feel old). Thankfully they usually pass quickly. Look at you getting Christie's choreo down. I remember learning it back in the day. (went to the filming too.)

Lili: Margaret will have to wait - I've opted in (to yet) another challenge on Peloton. This one is for strength. So I'm doing that for the next 4 weeks. It gives me SOMETHING to do every day. Some days are more than others. But it works for now.

Waves to Kay & Pam! (and all lurking)!

7/8/2020: a.m: 10 minutes Christine arms, 10 minutes Glutes with Robin Arzon, 5 minutes core with Christine, 5 minutes core with Emma. PM: 45 minute Power Zone ride with Denis + 30 minute pride Ride (Power zone endurance) with Matt. cool down ride with Denis and 2 stretches.

I was feeling like a rebel by not doing a ride before work. I got home earlier than dh (worked until 3:30 p.m.) and decided I really wanted to get the week almost done. So I figured, why not. Abs are a little sore this a.m. But not too bad. (Total DOMS has not kicked in yet - usually 24-36 hours later, so right around dinner time they should be REALLY talking to me.) I had to make up the first 2 days (which I still have one extra core workout to do) but now I'm back on track.

I have to research another challenge as well with Peloton for food banks around the world. I am not quite sure how it works and it is for the masses, so it won't be as challenging as the Power Zone (thank goodness) ... It will overlap a little bit, but then the PZ ends. (Of course, I'm supposed to do another pelofondo too. good grief!?!? What am I thinking?) Oh wait - it will get me another badge. They do these for good causes AND to introduce us to new instructors. Gets us out of our comfort zones. Hmmm. yeah. I'll sign up. Who am I kidding!?!?

Ok, gotta hit the bike. This is the last TOUGH ride for this week then it's fun and games until Monday's ride.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 07-09-20, 06:16 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
went to the filming too
That's SO cool!!
Glad your knee was a familiar twinge thing - could be worth noting what bits that happens to though - early warning of future (hopefully far distant!!) trouble spots???

Thu., 9th Jul.
45min, Cathe - High Step Circuit - No Cardio Mix
10"step + 12" plyo box, 4kg (9lb) & 5kg (11lb).
last done 30th May 2010

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-10-20, 01:42 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Lookey here ...

I'm only one day behind. YAY me .....

Helen: Now you just stop it! lol ....no early warning. I refuse to believe that!

Me, me and all me:

7/9/2020:
Power Zone 60 minute ride with Matt. Awful. Just awful. Which means it was tough. lol. It was zones 3,4 & 5. uggg. DONE! And I survived.. 5 minute cool down ride with Denis and then on to a stretch and 5 minutes of Core for my Strength challenge.

I think today may be a bike rest day. I'm about to go hit something. Treadmill or Les Mills or something. And of course, my strength challenge.

New challenge (power zone) begins the end of August. Yep. I'm signed up for it. It will also be 8 weeks long. But this time, we have 4 weeks off inbetween the challenges. So I'll have lots of opportunity to do fun rides and rides that I wouldn't normally do. Should prove interesting. Will I lose some of my momentum? Or will it be a welcome break and make me stronger? Only time will tell. I think the timing is awesome though as it will take us into the end of October (so hard to believe!) and then a new one - should they do it (and I don't see why they wouldn't) .... will skate us either to the end of the new year (6 week?) or maybe into the new year. Time will tell.

To be continued ....