Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-20, 10:51 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 1 (Upper Body Work)
Bendy Body (Stretching the Legs & Hips) [first 20 minutes]

Holy Cow, I had forgotten what an intense hamstring/hip/inner thigh stretch that Bendy Body practice is. Beth's article inspired me to search my collection for stretching my legs and Bendy Body was a good choice.

Beth, that's a good article. Thanks for sharing it. My hamstrings are tight and for years I've been wanting to increase the flexibility in my hamstrings. I need to make more of an effort to stretch my hamstrings more frequently during the week and the article you posted is a good reminder.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 04:14 PM  
Anny

Sandra thank you for the start! And, sort of related to your quote, one of my sons made tacos for dinner last night. He made Korean style tacos but I didn’t feel like beef so I just had the tortilla with salad (an amazing shredded lettuce, grated carrot, chopped chilli and chopped onion salad).

cyana that slaw/salad you shared looks awesome.

Paine because of lockdown I haven’t seen my granddaughter or two sons who live in Adelaide since January. We do FaceTime, however. So I love hearing about you and your grandsons spending time together; so lovely.

Beth I’m sorry it has been so hard for your sister. I’m not an introvert but I also don’t think I am an extrovert (lol!). But I love being out and about and too much time at home has always driven me mad.

This week, I have been doing some Taebo (about 20 minutes of different workouts) followed by weights from Joyce’s 12 Minute Workout. I’ve been doing my own stretches or yoga but, after reading the article Beth shared, I think I should incorporate more stretching.
Old 07-07-20, 08:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I thought that article was interesting too! Sometimes I do a lot of stretching rather than a "real" workout, but maybe I'm doing myself more good than I thought!

Today was a rather lazy workout day. I did a 20-minute Barre3 from Facebook (which was actually fairly tough!), and then I didn't feel like getting off the floor, so I did an all-floor practice from CS Season 10.

Paine Bendy Body is definitely tough! I think it's deceiving since it's all on the floor.

Anny I hope you get to see the rest of your family soon!

I signed up for another outdoor yoga class on Thursday morning.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 08:36 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Another morning XLAW, along with

Today's Workout: Upper Body from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

Paine: I forgot to ask -- have you owned any of the WHFN FitPrime or KickButt workouts before? I do love the over-the-top set and the fun music. The FitPrimes (which are geared to over-35 exercisers) also include functional fitness moves, which is always a plus in my book.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 10:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day.

Sandra, I had the Fit Prime Rebounding DVD but I didn't click with it so I got rid of it. I might have had Strong Bear or perhaps I rented it, but I don't have it anymore.

Beth, I like floor workouts on a low energy day.
Have fun at your outdoor yoga class!

Anny, My 5 year old grandson loves me to chase him around the house. Lately he has been wanting me to play tick tac toe with him or build legos with him. His brother (my youngest grandson, 19 months old) loves me to walk around while carrying him in my arms. He weighs 29 pounds and it's like carrying an anvil when I hold him! He loves me to read him books so I read to him a lot.
Old 07-08-20, 01:10 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, sounds like your grandsons are giving you plenty of a workout--so much for a planned rest day!

Sandra, are the temps there still staying reasonable enough for the long walks? We are on a streak of 90* weather and may even reach 100, which is VERY unusual for us!

Today was definitely a Frankenworkout day. Tomorrow I'll do the outdoor yoga in the morning. I also have a bit more of the last Day 5 yin training video (about another 30 minutes), and then latter in the week I'll start Day 6 with the next yin practice.

Here's another exercise-related article that looks interesting (but that I haven't read yet):
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/w...-stronger.html

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 03:27 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, that's an interesting article. I'm one of those people the article mentioned that doesn't put on muscle mass no matter how long I lift--curses! I know there are times I have been stronger because I was able to lift heavier then.
Today it is a sunny 73 degrees F. On Sunday, it's expected to get to 80 degrees F.
Old 07-09-20, 04:24 PM  
Anny

Beth and Paine, one of my sons puts on muscle mass really easily. It’s why he doesn’t do weights any more but relies on martial arts, Pilates, yoga. He didn’t like the look he had when he did weights.

I’ve been continuing my own ‘rotation’ of cardio from one of my DVDs/downloads and Joyce’s weights workouts using her books, with my usual walking and some yoga or stretches thrown in. One of my cardio workouts this week was the 20 minutes version of Jazzercize Burlesque . It was a lot of fun!

Work has been busy so I’m totally looking forward to the weekend (it’s Friday morning here).

Hope everyone is keeping well!
Old 07-09-20, 06:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Deep Stretch/ Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Leg & Hip Stretches)

Anny, your son is so lucky! I wish I could put on muscle easily like your son does. I know I'm stronger now but it doesn't show at all. I look the same now as I did before I ever started working out!
Old 07-09-20, 07:18 PM  
Anny

Paine you mean you don’t look like your avatar? Now I’m disappointed!