Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-19, 11:25 AM  
alisoncooks

RehabZone program - review

We are all so different, I almost hate to rave about this program, lol. But I'd been feeling a bit broken lately, with some joint issues and such, and this set has been just what I needed.

I've been using the RehabZone DVDs approx. 1 month. I purchased from Amazon and it was a leap of faith because there were minimal reviews (only 1-person on VF ever seemed to ever mention the program), and it was not cheap! I think it was $60 for the 3-DVD Core/Back Pain set. (I also bought the $20 knee/hip set.)

It's a progressive 12 week program (each DVD is a "Phase" that has 4 workouts ("Levels"). They instruct you to use each level for a week (3x) before moving on. The purpose is back pain relief, but I find it to be a well-rounded quick workout (each are 20-25 min). I've been tagging them on to yoga or adding short weights segments after.

I'm only on phase 1 and they are easy...but I think they'd make great warmups once "outgrown." Just an example: today's workout warmed up with knee lifts/side steps/unweighted deadlifts/torso twists/calf raises. The strength portion included: crunches, balances, fire hydrant, super man, cobra, bridge, etc. Stretch includes cobbler, hip flexors, hamstrings, more. I'm forgetting some but you get the idea. The latter phases include weights and more upper body work (I've previewed them all) but this phase is unweighted. They all focus on core and back strength but also supporting muscles.

Thoughts: they are very low frills, basic workouts. Maybe boring? It's just the instructor and a demonstrator in a plain space. Instrumental music. Not the super-best cueing (particularly counting reps) and he doesn't mirror cue (pity!) He also has a strong southern accent (think Matthew McConaughey) - we do "tarso" twists.

Some of the complaints on Amazon say that you go from floor to standing repeatedly. It's true...but he says it's intentional. It's a little annoying but I've already found I'm quicker at it than before.

I can't say who'd like this program but I think it'd be nice for those just getting back into fitness. It's very calm and encouraging (and no dread for me right now). Similar in intensity to Jane Adams gentle stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there in case anyone looks for info. I'd be glad to answer questions about the program. I'm not working for them, lol, just happy that I stumbled upon this.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rehabilitation, rehabzone