Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-24, 11:17 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
FN1, I would use EXTREME caution with the steroids. They exacerbated an issue that Big Orange had and we lost him not too long afterwards. I’m not trying to alarm you, just please be careful!!
Oh NO! I am alarmed, of course, but that's a good thing, you know, knowledge and all! Can you please email me more details (only if you're up to it, I know that's a loss that's hard to think about)? Obviously we haven't gotten that far yet, but I want to know all possibilities before making we reach that bridge and need to decide what to do for treatment.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 01:39 PM  
ChelePA

Trying to keep my post a little shorter these days. Issues again today.

Manleym.. I did Chris’ recent mobility/stretch last night before bed. Really liked it! Felt good.

This morning I used one of her very basic steps as a warm-up. Only 126 BPM. I increased the speed to 1.15 like you do. Very doable and much more fun for me. Then I did the barre bonus first before doing Killer Legs. Still had me trembling, but I think my form was better this time. Today I matched Cathe’s weights for everything unless it went above 18 pounds requiring a pair of dumbbells. I do have singles for 20 and 25 pounds. I was feeling it much more the second time around. I think also knowing the moves helps with the intensity. Enjoyed the music in this one much more than total body. Nice beat. Keeps me motivated.

I will post more extensive reviews in our email chain.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 02:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey you guys!!! Guess what I did today? A Chris Dorner step workout!! #348 Basic Step Aerobics - 126 BPM. REALLY basic but a great way to get introduced to Chris' step workouts! It was fun, she cues wonderfully. Of course the choreo was super easy but it was just right. I added on New 30 Minute No Equipment Cardio HIIT Workout. Did not like that so much.

manleym: I saw that Dance workout. I might have to try that. Jason looks like a blast!

kittybug: Yes we just have to keep laughing!

Waves to everyone...gotta dash shortly to get groceries.

I save my text just in case the site goes finky.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 04:39 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hey you guys!!! Guess what I did today? A Chris Dorner step workout!! #348 Basic Step Aerobics - 126 BPM. REALLY basic but a great way to get introduced to Chris' step workouts! It was fun, she cues wonderfully. Of course the choreo was super easy but it was just right. I added on New 30 Minute No Equipment Cardio HIIT Workout. Did not like that so much.

manleym: I saw that Dance workout. I might have to try that. Jason looks like a blast!

kittybug: Yes we just have to keep laughing!

Waves to everyone...gotta dash shortly to get groceries.

I save my text just in case the site goes finky.
Kate. I did that one today too. But a faster speed. I agree, a good introduction. You definitely can handle her basic or basic/intermediate. Her cueing is wonderful.
Old 01-04-24, 05:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kate, I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m not a huge fan of Chris D’s version of HiiT or Tabata workouts. There are too many “on the floor” moves or weights in her versions, and for me, I want those formats to be cardio based. When I do them I do my own thing for some of the exercises and use the timer. Her step can’t be beat, though, IMHO. I tried an earlier dance workout that she did with Jason and it wasn’t my cup of tea, but that’s just me.

Chele, I think I’m a dancer at heart, and I really don’t have an issue with the faster pace when I speed up the workouts—I’m doing it when I use the step as well. It’s funny but the rare times that Chris gets off beat and catches herself and says “I’m off beat” I answer her with “yes, you are.”

Barre B, hugs and cuddle from our cats to yours.

manley, the hair things at Aldi were in my favorite aisle where they have random stuff—I got two pairs of Christmas leggings that I wear as pajama bottoms for $6 each! Hope you are able to post more regularly—miss you!

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #167 Fit Tower: Cardio Legs. I liked it—something different and I don’t get to use my tower often. I didn’t have any issue with the barre moves, but at the very end I realized that when she alternated sides I didn’t so I did the same side with different exercises and I had to stop with a few reps to go lest my leg fall off. D’OH! I think it is easier when she alternates sides for each exercise rather than do all of them on one leg then switching to the other. It was a pretty long routine—I thought it was 43 minutes and it was 63 minutes and DH was waiting to start dinner until I finished so we ate late!!

Today I’m going to do the newest Cathe Live since tomorrow is Vintage Friday with Power Circuit from CTX, postponed from Wednesday. Anyone who has this one, please join us!!

Hugs and waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 07:10 PM  
manleym

ChelePA I'm glad you also liked Chris's recent mobility. It hit the spot for me. And yay for being able to sped up the step workout to 1.15. It makes a big difference for the fun factor, or at least for me. Some moves obviously are tricker, like going over the bench quickly, but I haven't had any trouble, yet. LOL!

KateTT WOOT WOOT! Welcome to the Chris step love-fest club! Once you get hooked on her step workouts, you won't want to do anything else. No other cardio is as fun for me right now. Like Cataddict her HiiT/Tabata workouts are "take 'em or leave 'em" for me. It really depends on my mood and the specific workout.

Cataddict LOL on telling Chris when she's off the beat because I do the SAME thing! I also say, "Yes, you are!" when she owns up to being off the beat, which she does. And I have learned to always take an extra bag into Aldi, just for that aisle. Few things have disappointed from that aisle. In fact, our absolute best and favorite knives (2 separate sets) were from that aisle. Problem is we haven't seen them since otherwise I would buy them and give them as gifts. HA!

Going to post my workouts separately in hopes to avoid the message.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 07:16 PM  
manleym

Workouts: (and yes, I got the message when trying to post my response above...)

Today I did Chris's CD Calorie Torching Dance Workout - Cardio FUN!! with Jason. It was alot of fun, with GREAT music from each decade. It flew! TBH, Jason seemed to fly by the seat of his pants, so I preferred Chris's segments since she's such a great cue'er. Even Jason mentioned it. I would have liked Chris alone better, but it was still a fun and great dance workout. Then I did Travis 50min. Power Yoga "108 Sun Salutations". Umm...good grief! That's alot of sun salutations!!! I felt like a little kid on a long car trip, "Are we there yet?" But I got through it, so yay, but won't do it again anytime soon.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 08:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Today was TA Mat Arms plus PBOD Barre Encore. Oh, my, PBOD had me sweating all over the floor! Every single time I thought oh, she's going to wind it down now and head to the floor for core...nope, back to the barre, more workity work, burn burn. She never did bring it down, the core ended up being standing! Oh well, this one is staying in my favorites for sure. Sheesh!!

FN2, hugs right back to you from me and the crew!

Oh, and Manleym and FN2, you two have me curious...what is Aldi's? I don't think we have that here. BUT it sounds a lot like the Grocery Outlet we have where you just never know what kind of screaming deal on the weirdest stuff you'll find (and then never see again, unfortunately, hah!).

Manleym, I remember doing the 108 with Ultimate Yogi. YES, it's a lot!! Death by chaturanga.

Chele and Kate, I hear you on the forum. So very frustrating! I better try to post for fear of THAT message....

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 11:11 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… hoping your kitties feel better soon! Winston has been on steroids, but more more for G.I. issues. It really increased his appetite. Very noticeable!
Old 01-05-24, 12:53 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Chele, dogs don’t have the same reaction to steroids as cats. Our Big Orange’s reaction was severe.

FN1, ALDIs is a grocery store that’s national but not everywhere obviously. It’s a bare bones grocer—no fancy displays and lots of their own brands.

Manley, I might have to give that Chris workout with Jason a try since you liked it! Haha I’ve learned to take several bags into Aldi’s too. I always seem to find something unexpected that I want or need!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in