Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-13, 02:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

We splurged on a BlendTec years ago. The seal began to disintegrate just after the warranty expired, leaving black dots all over the place. We had to buy a new jar. Shortly after that, the second jar's seal began to disintegrate.

We now own a VitaMix, which is OK - so far!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 02:32 PM  
sherry7899

Alta-I am sorry that happened to you after the warranty expired. I am glad the Vitamix is working so well for you. I may switch if I have trouble with the Blendtec again. I'd hate to have to save up for another machine, though. I am very happy with the Blendtec otherwise.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 04:27 PM  
Sultana

I had the black stuff coming from my regular blender, it looks like machine oil or something. Anyway, its presence is why I justified the recent Blendtec purchase from QVC special value and payments spread out. I was thinking it was a once in a lifetime purchase, not something to have to replace....

But, this blendtec has a nice smoothie setting where I hit smoothie and just walk away from the noise while smoothie magic happens. Newer Vitamix have similar features?
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 05:01 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Which Vitamix did you buy? I was looking at those last night (though I can't buy one anytime soon). All the different models are confusing. I'd probably go with the 48 ounce one if I ever had the money, but I"m not sure.

Sherry
I have the model before the 7200 series. I want a smaller jar for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
We splurged on a BlendTec years ago. The seal began to disintegrate just after the warranty expired, leaving black dots all over the place. We had to buy a new jar. Shortly after that, the second jar's seal began to disintegrate.

We now own a VitaMix, which is OK - so far!
My BlendTec jar was a lemon. The CS I talked with was very honest in saying that there is a design flaw in the jar.
Knock on wood. My VitaMix is ok so far as well.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 06:25 PM  
sherry7899

Mizach, I"m glad the Vitamix is working well. By the time I have to replace what I have now, Vitamix will probably come out with several other models.

Sultana-I bought mine from QVC last summer with the easy pay. I wish they'd had the twister jar with it like they do now. I saved up Amazon points for the Twister jar, which I really like. My son loves the soft serve "ice cream" I've made using only strawberries and bananas. I'm glad to find a way to get him to eat fruit! I can't wait for the new jar to arrive so I can make it for him again.

Sherry

Old 06-24-13, 07:11 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I also called QVC-the rep there said they have NOT gotten complaints. It's odd that the complaints are on Amazon, but not on QVC's reviews.

Sherry
If something looks odd you'd better believe it's not a coincidence. I don't know what QVC's cut is but I'm betting it's pretty high. And a sudden uptick in complaints could cut into the bottom line.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 07:15 PM  
sherry7899

I'm sure QVC must get a big cut because they sell a TON of Blendtec machines and have them on as TSV several times a year-good point!

Sherry

Old 06-25-13, 07:59 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I've had my Blendtec for 7 years with zero problems. However, I have heard about the black liquid from people on other sites. I wonder whether they make a different model for QVC? I bought mine directly from Blendtec. I replaced the blender jar a few years ago because I wanted one with greater volume, and now there is an even bigger Blendtec jar that I might end up getting.

Sorry you're having problems. High speed blenders are fabulous appliances. I hope you can find one you like, whether Blendtec or Vitamix.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 08:55 AM  
sherry7899

Betsy-I really wonder now if there is a difference between the models sold directly from Blendtec compared to the ones sold through QVC and Amazon. I am really glad yours has not given you any problems for seven years. That is wonderful! I do really like the blender otherwise, especially for increasing my fruit/vegetable intake.

I have the Wildside jar, which works really well for soup recipes.

Sherry

Tags
blender, blenders, blendtec