Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-15, 12:33 PM  
Judy W.

I received my 15 minute walk dvd on Saturday. I previewed and it looks great!

But again, the disk was loose in the case. One of the prongs that hold the dvd had broken off, and both that little piece and the dvd were rattling around loose.

This was disappointing! My 21 Day set also was loose in the case, although the workouts were not damaged. Still, the quality of the cases is shoddy.

I switched out the case with a dvd I never do anymore, so the dvd will be secure from now on.

I hope instructors will continue to produce workouts on dvds, and I hope they will use good quality cases and mailing materials. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra to keep my dvds coming safely!

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 03:53 PM  
txfitmom

Just an FYI, to learn that figure 8 walking move, it helps not to look at the screen and go at your own pace.

In the DVD it is a little confusing because of 3 people on the screen doing that move. I found it easier to learn from this workout:

Jessica Smith 12 Minute Fat Burning Power Walk

At the 5 min mark she starts doing the figure 8 move and it is much easier to follow her on this workout than the DVD.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 05:11 PM  
Demeris

Oh, I ordered mine last week from Amazon but chose the not a rush shipping (for the credit, you know). I'm spose to get it on Thursday. I can hardly wait!

I love the shorter walks. I have both of Leslie's recent workouts. I like that I can add them on in the morning OR I can do one later in the day without disrupting my routine too much. I'd like 5 mins walks or 7 mins walks, too. If Jessica or Leslie put out a dvd of 5 mins and 7 mins walks, I'd probably wear them out before the year's end.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 05:30 PM  
aquakat

Thanks for the figure-8 tip, Txfitmom.

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble with it!
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 09:39 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
Just an FYI, to learn that figure 8 walking move, it helps not to look at the screen and go at your own pace.

In the DVD it is a little confusing because of 3 people on the screen doing that move. I found it easier to learn from this workout:

Jessica Smith 12 Minute Fat Burning Power Walk
Is the youtube video you linked to also on her new DVD? I just did it and it definitely got the blood flowing!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-15, 09:57 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
Is the youtube video you linked to also on her new DVD? I just did it and it definitely got the blood flowing!
All of the routines on Jessica's dvds are not on her youtube channel.
None of the jessicasmithtv youtube videos are on her dvds
(as far as I know)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 07:39 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I should get the 15 minute walk and yoga one tomorrow!

I also have Leslie's Mix&Match Walk Blasters and they are great little 10 minute walks. I would love to have more of these!

I really love these shorter walks to well...mix and match or for a little boost added to other workouts!
Would love to hear your thoughts on the yoga one. Right now I only ordered the 2 walk ones. I was going to probably order the yoga when after my credit card ending date for this bill.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 11:38 AM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

I was going to order the yoga one alone (already have the other two), but shipping is showing as $6.68. I'm willing to pay shipping, but this doesn't sound right, does it?
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 02:26 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I love the shorter walks. I have both of Leslie's recent workouts. I like that I can add them on in the morning OR I can do one later in the day without disrupting my routine too much. I'd like 5 mins walks or 7 mins walks, too. If Jessica or Leslie put out a dvd of 5 mins and 7 mins walks, I'd probably wear them out before the year's end.
This! In 2014 I became addicted to short walks. I have Madeleine Lewis's Get Moving for Weight Loss (advertised as a walk workout but actually more like standard aerobics--still good, though). Leslie's Mix and Match is on its way, and I'm signing off now to order Jessica's 15-min. DVD. Thank you, OP, for starting this thread!
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 02:39 PM  
cpcathy

What is the DVD with the 15 minute walks called? I only see the 21 day weight loss one on Amazon.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote