Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-05, 09:48 AM  
huntersmommy

Inga,

Intense Moves is very athletic based. I didn't even have to rewind the first time I did it. But it will kick your butt too! I really like that video.

Brenda
huntersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 10:18 AM  
ooty

I see my fellow crazies have helped you out. Thanks Inga and Brenda(Hmom).
But I noticed the word beginner and if you don't mind Leslie, this is an old gem:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

This is an old video, but I loved it when I first did it. It has a dated look (of course, it was made in 1990), but I love bubbly Leslie.

But do get the free download of Cardiocoach and do the workout atleast once on the treadmill before you decide whether you like it or not.

Cardiocoach is the absolute best when it comes to interval training..
Old 08-19-05, 10:38 AM  
netmom

Thanks again! Ooty - I have that old Leslie workout, don't remember a thing about it - I should dust it off!

Thanks for the info on CardioCoach - it sounds interesting.
netmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 11:00 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I also like Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning. 30 minutes, floor aerobics, shows 3 different levels. Maybe a step up from Leslie, but not nearly as intense as Intense Moves.

Kathy's Fat Burning Breakthrough is also intervals, but includes weights. She uses a step, but one exerciser does the workout without a step. Both are more athletic, with relatively simple moves.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 11:03 AM  
ooty

Yes, Peak fat burning is awesome.
Old 09-19-05, 02:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
But I noticed the word beginner and if you don't mind Leslie, this is an old gem:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

This is an old video, but I loved it when I first did it. It has a dated look (of course, it was made in 1990), but I love bubbly Leslie.
Ooty,

is the above similar to one of the workouts in this Leslie Disc that i have:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

and the one you recommended, is it a true interval workout?

answering the original question, kathy smith's audios, WalkFit Lean Walk System have several interval workouts - this set has 3 CDs with 60 minutes of walking workouts on it (2, 30-minute workouts). the second and third disc have interval workouts on it. you can use this on the treadmill or walking outdoors.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-05, 02:39 PM  
Celia M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga
thanks brenda!

Is intense moves/gin miller athletic cardio or very choregraphed?
Very basic choreography. And Gin and her crew demonstrate various levels of intensity, which are all pretty tough. I think you could make it more intermediate by not using a step.
Old 09-19-05, 02:41 PM  
ooty

Bzar,

No, weight loss walk is different from the one I posted. Also, hold on with the other one..the Amazon description does not seem to match what I thought it was..let me double check and get back to you. Your DVD is certainly not what I was talking about..I have the one that you mention, Weight loss walk, and it is cheaper at DDD.

Ooty
Old 09-19-05, 02:48 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
Bzar,

No, weight loss walk is different from the one I posted. Also, hold on with the other one..the Amazon description doe snot seem to match what I thought it was..let me double check and get back to you. Your DVD is certainly not what I was talking about..I have the one that you mention, Weight loss walk, and it is cheaper at DDD.

Ooty
thanks - looking forward to your follow up as always!

i'm always looking for good interval workouts.

i also have another cardio coach question(s) for you. have people successfully downloaded his workouts using dial-up?

also, i am thinking of getting CC 3, 4 or 5 for my DH since he's been faithfully using the treadmill with some of my audio's that i have. he is intermediate-advanced and can lift heavy. he has good cardio vascular endurance. out of the 3 CC's that i mentioned, what are the length of each? TIA.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-05, 02:55 PM  
ooty

Yes, people have downloaded it successfully with dial-up, but it will take for ever...basically set it up overnight and go to sleep.

CV3: About 45 minutes including stretch, excluding Coach's notes
CV4: About 50 minutes including stretch
CV5: About 60 minutes including stretch

The Leslie question:

The Amazon description seems to match the video that I was describing, but the reviewer's comments sem to be different..so I will check the other titles and get back soon..