Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-30-14, 09:05 AM  
rose2boys

Where to start P57?

I have recently gotten into Barre workouts (mainly Barre3) in the last few months -- so I am maybe a beg-inter/inter level.
Out of all the on demand 30 min P57 workouts, which one(s) are best to start with? which ones are your faves (30-60min)?

TIA!
Old 01-30-14, 01:31 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Oh yay, I get to talk about P57 again! Apart from the ones available on DVD, I'd say the best online workout to get started with would be FIT. It's a little over 30 min. and has a lot of floor work (pretzel, hairpin, ab work) but it's sequenced in such a way that you get your heartrate elevated somewhat. As usual, they have a modifier to take the intensity down a notch if it feels too much for you.

HTH!
Old 01-30-14, 02:02 PM  
juberann

I know this might be a dumb question but I am totally new to streaming workouts (so new I have yet to stream one) but P57 has streaming workouts? Do you sign up for them, pay for them? How does it work?
Old 01-30-14, 02:29 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Judy, you can check them out at physique57.com. You can only 'rent' them for 48hrs. Most are $5 for 48hr. access, or you can subscribe monthly and have access to all for $57/month.

I've tried them all, and they're all excellent. There are a number of threads in which we have bemoaned the cost, though!
Old 01-30-14, 02:31 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I know this might be a dumb question but I am totally new to streaming workouts (so new I have yet to stream one) but P57 has streaming workouts? Do you sign up for them, pay for them? How does it work?
Judy, they do. But rental price is $5 for a 24 hour rental (for most of them) or $57 monthly fee for access to their workout library, that includes their DVDs.
Old 01-30-14, 09:47 PM  
juberann

Hmmmm, thinking the price is a bit steep but, then again, you do get what you pay for. I have not yet jumped on the streaming bandwagon but at some point I might
Old 01-31-14, 04:56 AM  
topfitmama

Judy,
There are so many streaming options out there! I don't do streaming unless the videos can be captured on my computer and meant to be a one-off purchase, in which case I think it's like selling a download. I wish P57 would offer their workouts as downloads. If they were fairly priced, I'd buy them!

Right now I'm not even doing P57, but I know I'll go back to them soon enough!

ETA: Some instructors, like Suzanne Bowen and Sadie from Barre3 offer a free trial. There's also a wealth of free barre stuff on Youtube and Vimeo.
Old 01-31-14, 08:14 AM  
rose2boys

Barre 3 is awesome! They do offer a free trial (I think it's 30 days, but may only be 15??). After that it's only $15/month, you can also get a 6 mo or annual rate.
I have been trying all different ones, just to have variety & different info, but I keep going back to B3.

I need to give P57 another chance, usually takes me a few workouts to get into a new style or not -- I only did the 1 workout and thought it was just ok, moved very quickly (just different than B3), but had great music, plus hurt my lower back. It is really expensive, IMO, for the amount of content. $5-10 PER workout for only 48 hrs or $60/MONTH???

Another one to try is Suzanne Bowen. Free trial & $9.99/mo. Again, I tried 1 & it was ok. Need to give more of a chance...
Old 01-31-14, 12:24 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Ohhhhhh NOOOOOOOO a P57 thread!!!

LOL!! Sorry, I'm a recent convert to all things P57. Yah, the monthly price is more than my budget allows for sure.

Rose2boys, are you only looking for streaming options at this time?