Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-23, 08:01 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fierce Watulans of 2024, all are welcome!

Welcome to the 2024 check-in for the Fierce Watulans!! All are welcome because we love new friends, and we're here to support and motivate each other no matter what.

Let's keep this check-in going, Watulans, and here's to a great 2024! May it shine!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 01:52 PM  
ChelePA

Thanks Kittybug

First day of Cathe’s Videos 2023 Cycling Lovers’ Rotation. I’m substituting Peloton for the cycling classes.

Warmed up with an express New Year’s Day cycling class that was basically a meditation on the bike. Followed with a ride that was a complete 180. NYE party routine, celebrating the arrival of 2024. Live DJ too. Tough stuff but lots of fun. Finished with a New Year’s Day 20 minute full body stretch.

Going to try to add 10 to 20 minutes of an evening stretch or slow/yin yoga before bed. Lots of stiffness in my knee and injured leg these days. Also hoping to get back to my morning gratitude meditation, or journaling. I haven’t been as consistent as I was the previous year.

One of the Peloton instructors got me thinking about the word peace. Making choices/decisions that keep my inner peace. That might mean adding or subtracting in my daily life or burning bridges (that song was playing during the discussion..haha). Who knows. I need to think more about it.

Any new goals?

Happy 2024!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 02:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy New Year!

I could have posted yesterday, but I wanted Barre B to be the last of 2023 and the first of 2024, as only befits her status as Founding Mother.

We were up long enough to watch the ball drop, and sing “New York, New York” to the cats, much to their dismay. Olly couldn’t run into the other room fast enough.

Yesterday I did Chris D’s Upper Arms and Cardio from July 2023. I followed it with #347 Basic but sped it up to 1.5! It was pretty fast, but I was doing it on the floor and I also wanted it to be a quick finisher to the arms workout. The arms workout was tough!

Chele/PP, I skipped the Chris New Years Step with GG and Michael. It was a repeat and I actually remember doing it so it hasn’t been long enough, I guess. I’ve also thinking about self “improvement”--I guess that is the word—and trying to be kinder (and more patient—hence my Word of the Year) when I can. I’ve pretty much pulled back from people I consider to be toxic to me. Even family can be problematic and/or hurtful, and TBH I’m getting too old for that. I think I need to be more specific, as it’s easier to make changes when they are small and in “bite size” pieces.

**Sigh** I need to do a rotation of some sort to keep on track, but the Cathe rotations for the 2023 series didn’t appeal to me.

Waves and hugs—hope we all have a great 2024!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 08:04 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy New Year all!!

Today was PBOD Ball Legs Core Toneup, a half hour goodie in a series filmed entirely in front of a large window with the beautiful San Diego ocean crashing in the background. This. Was. HARD and gave me chihuahua legs, eek!

That was followed with TA Precision Toning because I apparently love torture.

FN2, Founding Mother, hah hah hah...Mother of Cats, maybe, but wait, what does that make you? Oh, I know, Mother of Creatures, since you care for cats and more, right? Hah! Aaaand, at midnight, the usual suspects around here were shooting off fireworks and our poor babies were NOT happy about it. Thankfully it didn't last long!

Chele, I so, so, so hear you and have, unfortunately, had to cut off communications in some cases to preserve my sanity and mental health. That's all I'll say to that...it ain't easy.

Here's seconding that we all have a great 2024. We all need a great 2024. Waves all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 10:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy 2024! Thanks for starting the new thread, kittybug!

Chele, I saw the vertical step this morning when I was looking for the 80's, so yes, I have my eye on that! Congrats on your 3 miles every day goal achievement!! Well, as I mentioned a handful or so of posts ago, my eating has really gone the way of the slippery slope, so for one thing I am going to focus on eating more real food (if I frame it that way, instead of "cut out processed foods" I think it has a better chance of happening.). I bought some recipes from the Glucose Goddess and I'm excited to experiment with those. Another goal is to get off my butt and out of this house more often. Just one day in Santa Cruz yesterday did me a world of good. I need to do that more often!

cataddict, I love that you guys sang NY, NY to the cats! I can just picture it -- I'm sure my imagination is worlds away from reality, but still fun.

kittybug, I didn't necessarily think you felt like I was taking away from you, but just wanted to make sure people understood what I meant. Oh, the spiky ball I have is this:
https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/p...sin=B07215YH3K
And wow, now that I look at that picture, yes, it does look like it might hurt, but it doesn't at all. I have mine very squishy so it's easy to squeeze/hold. I'm glad I have it.

I already told you about my workout -- the 80s step -- fun! I will have to skip working out tomorrow because it's back to the office at the crack of dark for me!
Old 01-02-24, 09:03 AM  
fanofladyvols

Happy 2024 Watulans!!

I started the year with Cathe because I felt it was appropriate. Total body barbell pace is fast. I used my own music and have no idea what she used. I ignored it during deadlifts because I wanted to use my same DL barbell weight. I liked this workout but I'm not sure how often I'll reach for it because I really prefer slower pace and stretches between sets.

Kitty bug thanks for starting the thread and love your phrase for 2024.

Chelepa, there are definitely times to assess folks that are stressors and ways to limit their effects on you. It affects health as well so it's all part and parcel of caring for yourself..

Bee crack of dark, lol!

Cataddict, we played cards to stay awake on NYE and I made punch and apps. Our cat supervised. We shuffled off to bed within 20 min of watching the ball drop.

May we all do what we can to be here better, stronger and healthier for 2025!!

P.S. If I post irregularly, please know it comes as a result of my exasperation with errors and glitches.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 09:59 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Welcome to the 2024 check-in for the Fierce Watulans!! All are welcome because we love new friends, and we're here to support and motivate each other no matter what.

Let's keep this check-in going, Watulans, and here's to a great 2024! May it shine!!
Here, here, KB! Well said indeed!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 10:11 AM  
manleym

Yay! I'm posting today since I'm off this week, and hubby has gone back to work, so I don't have to share the computer or TV until he gets home. Yes, we're dinosaurs and have only one computer and one TV in our house, both in our TV room, which also doubles as my workout room.

First workout of the year...I couldn't decide whether to do Cathe or Chris, so I looked at the first workout of 2023, and apparently I couldn't decide last year either, because I did both Cathe and Chris! LOL! So I decided to do both workouts again, and they may become my first workout of the year every year.

Cathe's workout was High Step Training. Whew! 5 rounds of leg presses with 5 risers!! Definitely woke up my glutes. This is such an awesome circuit workout. It hits everything. I modified the straddle taps, which I do in any workout. I don't like doing them on the step, so I just do them on the floor instead. I followed it with Chris's 80s Dance Workout Retro Dance Workout Classic Dance and loved it! It was a blast last year, and was this year too! So much fun!

Hugs and waves everyone and happy 2024!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 02:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Wheee! So glad to see posts from FOLV and manleym!!

Chele/PP, So in one of the workouts I did yesterday (#230 IIRC), Chris mentioned that she had a huge crush on George Michael before, as she put it, she realized that she didn’t have a chance with him! This just made me laugh—she says things that are just what “real” people would say in a conversation with friends. As if any of us “regular” non famous people would have a chance with a big celebrity anyway, but, well, so sorry, his partner preference meant a connection wasn’t possible! hahaha!

FOLV, thanks for posting on the OG Watulan thread! I went down a bit of a rabbit hole looking at some of the posts, but so fun! We didn’t make it too much after midnight either. I’m a night owl but DH not so much! The cats are also ready for bed by roughly 10:30 and gather for their nightcap, (a couple of Temptations treats), so between the song and the lateness of the hour, they were beside themselves at the chaos! It sounds like your cat was also wondering when you were going to bed!

manleym, woo hoo! I’d have to really dig to find out what workout I did on Jan 1 2023 but I like the idea! I don’t think I’d start with High Step Training, though! Please set aside a time when you can post more often—we miss you!!

Barre B, you have so many nicknames I’m just gonna have to rotate them! So the ball workout that you did—is it the small ball you use or a stability ball? I’m going to try to make my little light shine this year!

buff bee, your picture of us singing NY NY to the cats is probably not too far off the mark—Olly’s eyes got huge before he ran off, and he peeked at us behind a box from the other room. DH didn’t sing much as, well, his singing voice is a **tad** off key, but he was enthusiastic with his arm movements. So happy you are feeling the Chris love! Sometimes she says things that make me giggle, and of course since I’m not doing the same routine 100 times, I’m not rolling my eyes like I would on a repeated DVD. We call that time the “butt crack of dawn” which in my case is roughly 9 a.m.

Yesterday I sped up Chris D’s re-release of the vertical step workout followed by a Basic workout #230. I’m so glad to be able to speed up some of her workouts to make them work for me and to be able to do the ones that I wouldn’t ordinarily do. I didn’t use a step for these since I’m trying to limit my steps “on the step” to twice a week. I also needed a bit of a break by doing some steady state.

Waves and hugs!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 01-02-24, 02:48 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

It’s so weird not to see a page 2 of our checkin!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in