Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-07, 07:27 PM  
dianestjohn

Inten-Sati Affirmations

I did Inten-Sati for the first time last night, and liked it. I tried to over-ride the times when I thought it was a little silly, and I said all the affirmations as best I could, with conviction. Although it wasn't physically difficult it was physically tiring, as I was basically talking all the way through it while doing the exercises.

Patricia Moreno advises doing the workout at least twice a week for a month, she says you will see great results (meaning, getting what you want out of life) if you do so and keep repeating the affirmations during the workout. Has anyone done this? I'm going to give it a try but would be interested in others' experience.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-07, 07:45 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I agree....

I, too, felt a little weird about the affirmations. The more I did the workout, the more I LOVED it. It didn't feel exceptionally high intensity, but I just felt GOOD. Strange as it may seem, I think it was in large part because of the affirmations and the attitude in the workout. There are times when I say them out loud or to myself. I haven't really felt a difference there, but I feel like smiling for hours after the workout.

I have to force myself to do yoga or pilates, but do not find myself fighting NOT to do this workout. It definitely is a different type of workout tho.
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 11:53 AM  
dianestjohn

Thanks, Debbie. I did it for the second time last night and while the workout seemed easier and more enjoyable, my brain felt revved up in a strange way for hours afterward, and I couldn't get to sleep for hours. And today I have many of the affirmations just running through my head in a loop. I hope this is a good thing!
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote