Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-06, 11:52 AM  
Sarah K
VF Supporter

Gilad DVDs

I'm a big fan of Gilad and have lots of his older workouts on VHS. I'm upgrading and want some DVDs (have his 45/45/ split DVD). Of his workouts I do have (Interval Workout for Men, his two step workouts, Sculpt and Tone, Getting Fit in Jerusalem, and New Best Bodies in Motion), I use the Interval Training and the Best of Bodies the most.

My question-- are his newer workouts better? Are the DVDs of his older workouts programmable (for example, can you eliminate some push-ups from the Interval workout)? I hate to just buy replacements for my old tapes but his newer workouts seem to be all split routines. Are the newer ones more intense?

If you do recommend his newer workouts, where is the best place to buy them? It seems that Collage and Gilad's website are the only places to get his newer workouts.

Thanks,

Sarah
Sarah K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 01:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

hi. there was a thread here at VF about how the older workouts are chaptered. i have interval training for men and didn't try to see whether you could skip to other parts - i just did the workout from start to finish. IIRC, the chapter points are not logically arranged and there is no menu where you can jump to a section.

his Quick Fit system sculpting DVD has a menu where you can skip to a particular body part workout. the cardio workouts - i usually just do the whole thing (30 min each). i got the quick fit set from a nice Yaya for a good price - $40 i think. it's hard to come by, but if you let people know, they might want to trade.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 02:56 PM  
roz

What is the interval workout like? Is it an interval or circuit workout? If it is a circuit workout does it hit all muscle groups?
roz is offline   Reply With Quote