Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-06, 10:25 AM  
Gardengirl

Firm Rotation Question

I'm trying to put together a rotation using the Firms that I have (thanks to the kind VF'ers who have e-mailed me rotations, and rotation ideas)!

I'd like to incorporated some the WHFN workouts (since I really like them). How do you (or can you) classify these workouts? Would they be classified as "classics" since they have a bit of everything, or would you have to classify them separately?
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 11:27 AM  
sbh

me too!

I'm glad you started this thread. I was curious also about using the WHFN's in a firm classic rotation.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 11:29 AM  
Gardengirl

Okay, so here's the answer to my own question.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...highlight=WHFN
Old 11-07-06, 11:31 AM  
Gardengirl

To answer Antbuko's question in the older thread:

Tortoise -- Slow & Heavy. 75% Weights/25% Aerobic. These workouts include aerobic intervals and weight training with primary emphasis on on total-body muscle sculpting.

Hare -- Fast & Light. 75% Aerobic/25% Weights. These workouts include aerobic intervals and weight training with primary emphasis on aerobic intervals.

Classics -- 50% Aerobic/50% Weights. These workouts consist of aerobic intervals and weight training with equal emphasis on each. They include intense body sculpting exercises that work at least two muscle groups at the same time.

Weights (Sculpt)

Total Body -- These workouts are designed for total muscle shaping, working all muscle groups.

Split -- These workouts are designed for total muscle shaping with emphasis on specific body parts (legs or upper body).

Floor, Hips, Thighs – Highly specific floor exercises which target inner thighs, outer thighs, hamstrings and glutes. They also include pelvic diaphragm contractions (Older Firms only).

Cardio

Cardio – These workouts are designed to build endurance and burn fat.

Ab Workout

Abs – Complete abdominal workouts for upper abs, lower abs, and obliques. These workouts include pelvic diaphragm contractions (Older Firms only).

Stretch Workout

Stretch – Entire body, stress-reducing stretch routines lengthen muscles and increase flexibility. Stretching is the most neglected component of fitness.
Old 05-28-07, 06:08 AM  
Fit Kitty

Firm Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn - Which category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl
To answer Antbuko's question in the older thread:

Tortoise -- Slow & Heavy. 75% Weights/25% Aerobic. These workouts include aerobic intervals and weight training with primary emphasis on on total-body muscle sculpting.

Hare -- Fast & Light. 75% Aerobic/25% Weights. These workouts include aerobic intervals and weight training with primary emphasis on aerobic intervals.

Classics -- 50% Aerobic/50% Weights. These workouts consist of aerobic intervals and weight training with equal emphasis on each. They include intense body sculpting exercises that work at least two muscle groups at the same time.

Weights (Sculpt)

Total Body -- These workouts are designed for total muscle shaping, working all muscle groups.

Split -- These workouts are designed for total muscle shaping with emphasis on specific body parts (legs or upper body).

Floor, Hips, Thighs – Highly specific floor exercises which target inner thighs, outer thighs, hamstrings and glutes. They also include pelvic diaphragm contractions (Older Firms only).

Cardio

Cardio – These workouts are designed to build endurance and burn fat.

Ab Workout

Abs – Complete abdominal workouts for upper abs, lower abs, and obliques. These workouts include pelvic diaphragm contractions (Older Firms only).

Stretch Workout

Stretch – Entire body, stress-reducing stretch routines lengthen muscles and increase flexibility. Stretching is the most neglected component of fitness.
I'm looking at doing the Firm 90-Day rotation - I've tried before but have never made it through 90 days. Anyhoo - I'm wondering which of the above categories would Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn fall into?

Thanks for your advice...
Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 09:13 AM  
sundari

What category would "From The Ground Up" fall into?
Old 05-28-07, 12:15 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbotcorkum
I'm looking at doing the Firm 90-Day rotation - I've tried before but have never made it through 90 days. Anyhoo - I'm wondering which of the above categories would Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn fall into?

Thanks for your advice...
Karen
I personally would put this in the Hare category, because the number of minutes of sculpting is low for a 50 minute workout.
Old 05-28-07, 04:05 PM  
Fit Kitty

Thanks, Carol. I just did this one this morning and I was leaning towards Hare, so thanks for your response!

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 05:19 PM  
plcm111195

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
What category would "From The Ground Up" fall into?
I'm pretty sure Fitprime From the Ground Up is the same as WHFN Push Pull which I have down as Tortoise.
Old 05-28-07, 06:46 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by plcm111195
I'm pretty sure Fitprime From the Ground Up is the same as WHFN Push Pull which I have down as Tortoise.
Thank you Joanne. I appreciate your quick response.