Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-11, 11:44 AM  
tiredmama3

Planks in abcentric?

Are there a lot of planks in Tracey's Abcentric? I hate planks, they hurt my back, but I really want to work my abs.

Kelley
tiredmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 11:46 AM  
tiredmama3

Also is there any ab work in hipcentric?
tiredmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 12:19 PM  
cardiomama

Hi- I don't have either centric that you're asking about (have Omni, which does have plank variations in many levels but generally one exercise, not multiple), but do know that all of the centrics follow a similar sequence (Free/unweighed arms, weighted arms, standing abs & floor abs, floorwork, it's been discussed by the VFer who have more than 1 centric or compared w/ others). And that all of the standing & floor abs sections for each level (each month) for all workouts is the same for all centrics, it's just the floorwork section that is different (although it was said that Omni & Hip share levels, and Glute & Ab, too, and I had read that the 1st & last level for all centrics are the same). So you'll get ab work, in the standing & floor abs sections, plus the ab/core engagement from the high rep floor-work (which exercise vary by the centric, I have seen/done side-lying, on all fours, balance on 1 knee & elbow/arm, supine/face up, plank for Omni).

Hopefully, one of the VFers who have used/completed Abcentric will respond w/ more details on the floor-work (that's the only different component between the centrics).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 12:36 PM  
MARIKA

I know in Omni the planks are not in the ab section but you hold yourself in plank while doing some leg work. Afor me it's tough but better than just holding in plank. I do have to add I think these are the moves that got my abs finally looking fab! I restarted yesterday after completing the 90 days, because I'm scared my abs will go back.
Old 10-11-11, 01:04 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I know in Omni the planks are not in the ab section but you hold yourself in plank while doing some leg work. Afor me it's tough but better than just holding in plank. I do have to add I think these are the moves that got my abs finally looking fab! I restarted yesterday after completing the 90 days, because I'm scared my abs will go back.
Not to derail the thread, but are you adding in the ankle weights for round 2 of Omni? I thought about doing that for Omni (1.5 lb. ankle weights), and just completing each level for 6 days (for a 9 week rotation, hopefully less dread). Agreed that Omni does nice things (flattens) to the abs, I like what I've experienced so far (6 levels).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-11, 01:36 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Abcentric has lots of planks. You are usually moving a leg but you're still holding plank or side plank. This is during the floor section after floor abs.

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, ta metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta