Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-15, 06:34 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

???s From Jari Love re New Workouts

Based on the recent thread about what Jari Love is up to - I asked her on Facebook. She's filming new workouts in early May and wasn't clear on whether they would be all streaming or on DVD - so I asked.

She asked what we want and I said some, including me, still want DVDs. She wants to know why.

So, here's our chance to make a case for new DVDs. She said it would be helpful to know.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 06:56 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Because we don't all have great internet connections. It's aggravating to start exercising and then buffering starts. If it happens too many times I stop. As far as downloads go, I don't mind, but I'm not ok with paying the same amount for a download as for an actual dvd. I don't inderstand the logic that a physical dvd costs the same as something I download. I still use DVDs. Heck I'll use a vhs if I feel like doing an old workout. I have AppleTV. I am not all the way behind the times. I find it more convenient to pop the dvd in. I don't have Facebook so I can't go there and tell her.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 06:59 PM  
alisoncooks

Because some of us don't want to work out in our computer room/location...and don't have the ability to burn discs.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 07:00 PM  
slinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
Because we don't all have great internet connections. It's aggravating to start exercising and then buffering starts. If it happens too many times I stop. As far as downloads go, I don't mind, but I'm not ok with paying the same amount for a download as for an actual dvd. I don't inderstand the logic that a physical dvd costs the same as something I download.
What she said !!

And if your harddrive dies you lose it all .. l like to look at my dvds in the shelf
slinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 07:03 PM  
CharM

Did you tell her you can't Joni-O a download? Lol, no that's a bad idea.

My reasons, which won't help the cause :
I can't sell, trade, SASE a download (or maybe I can, but only to one who wants a dl).

Legit:
I'm likely to forget I have it if I can't see it.

Last edited by CharM; 03-29-15 at 10:27 PM. Reason: I'm a dingbat. I'm talking about dl, but the subject is streaming.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 07:03 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Yes! Please let her know that a lot of her fans would still appreciate new workouts on DVDs! These are all good reasons!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 08:07 PM  
noodles

I don't know if it's my age or not but I'm very technologically challenged and my son is getting tired of me asking him to help with anything related to my computer. I have no clue how to use other devices, I don't even have an iphone and wouldn't know what to do with it if I did LOL! If I can't pop a dvd into my player I simply will not do the workout. My son did help with a few downloads but I have a serious aversion to dragging my laptop down to my workout room at 5am - and have no clue how to burn them to disc's (is that even the right term??....) I have almost all of Jari's dvd's and have been a faithful follower for years so I would love to have the chance to continue to support her with the purchase of new dvd's.
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 08:40 PM  
desderata

Ironically, as I went to reply to this thread, I got a message that the page couldn't be shown because I wasn't connected to the internet. Yes, the only high speed cable internet provider in my area routinely throws you off the net. No reason. Wait a few moments, go back and log on and carry on. That's fine for surfing, but if it did that during a workout I would be seriously po'd. My workout time is my decompress time, and it wouldn't be if my workout just stopped because my internet service stopped.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 08:48 PM  
bubbles76

I want to own something, not rent it. Streaming just doesn't feel like ownership. The day she decides she's done with it, then I no longer have my workout. I have a lot of workouts that I will do again and again. I wouldn't have that same inclination with streaming. Like CharM, I'd probably forget I had it if I had to rely on streaming only.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 08:51 PM  
mrsyancy

Because I have Apple TV and an Amazon fire stick and still can't figure out this streaming crap. I have fitness glo because I have a free trial and stream that from the Internet on my iPad. I would like to stream it from my Apple TV or my fire stick but can't figure it out(very technologically challenged).

When I do stream fitness glo it buffers and stops and it is so frustrating(and I have a very good internet Connection).

So tell her that some of us still like the "reliability" of an actual dvd, and yes I will buy it, if she puts it on dvd. I pretty much have all of her other stuff.
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, streaming