Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-21, 06:04 PM  
Erica H.

Covid Vaccine Reaction and Workouts

For those of you who had a reaction after your covid vaccine, did you jump right back into your normal workouts when you recovered or did you go back gradually?

I had my second Moderna dose yesterday and it hit me harder than I expected. I'm feeling a lot better, but still pretty fatigued with a headache on and off. If I wake up in the morning feeling fine, do I go ahead and do a normal workout or should I take it easier than usual? I always exercise soon after I wake up.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. I'm never sick so this is all new to me (even though I'm not really sick).

Erica
Old 04-16-21, 06:27 PM  
donnamp

I would probably do a lighter workout - your body was stressed out and busy making antibodies, so I would give it a bit of a rest and not tax it too hard w/ a workout. Maybe something on the lighter side, assuming you feel well enough.

Donna
Old 04-16-21, 06:35 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I would probably do a lighter workout - your body was stressed out and busy making antibodies, so I would give it a bit of a rest and not tax it too hard w/ a workout. Maybe something on the lighter side, assuming you feel well enough.

Donna
Thank you!

Erica
Old 04-16-21, 06:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

The second Moderna shot knocked me for a loop - I missed two days of work. It surprised me because I don't usually have reactions to vaccinations.

Obviously I didn't work out those two days. On the third day, I did a gentle pilates routine and a stretch. The day after that I went for a walk and did another pilates routine and stretch. After that day, I went back to my normal stuff - Pahla B, walks, and pilates.

Carol
Old 04-16-21, 06:50 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
The second Moderna shot knocked me for a loop - I missed two days of work. It surprised me because I don't usually have reactions to vaccinations.

Obviously I didn't work out those two days. On the third day, I did a gentle pilates routine and a stretch. The day after that I went for a walk and did another pilates routine and stretch. After that day, I went back to my normal stuff - Pahla B, walks, and pilates.

Carol
Thanks! I was surprised by my reaction, too. I really didn't think I'd feel much. I usually run and lift weights, but I'm kind of scared to go out for a run and then start feeling bad once I'm already out. I think it's definitely safest if I stay home.

Erica
Old 04-16-21, 10:58 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I was worried when I was getting my second dose of Pfizer. My friend said she was advised to drink lots of water the day before and after the vaccination. That and move the arm after. My arm started to hurt so I used it doing a light workout. No other reaction. I was so happy.
Maybe the water worked?
Old 04-17-21, 04:19 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
I was worried when I was getting my second dose of Pfizer. My friend said she was advised to drink lots of water the day before and after the vaccination. That and move the arm after. My arm started to hurt so I used it doing a light workout. No other reaction. I was so happy.
Maybe the water worked?
I've also heard that staying hydrated helps and made sure I drank lots. I ended up with what I'd consider a moderate reaction.

Erica
Old 04-17-21, 10:26 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

A friend recently postulated the theory that folks who have really bad reactions to the vaccines are folks who would have been hit the hardest with the virus.

Another "theory," but an interesting one.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-17-21, 10:53 AM  
sherry7899

I got my first Pfizer shot a little over three hours ago. My arm feels fine so far. I am tired, but I have not been sleeping well. I cannot blame that on the shot.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-17-21, 12:53 PM  
sillygirl

Less than 15 minutes out from receiving my first Pfizer dose! Hoping for minimal side effects but open to sleeping it off this weekend if need be.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines