Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-19, 06:26 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Total Body Giant Sets

Today was Total Body Giant Sets from Cathe's Strong and Sweaty Series. I think I once started this workout but didn't get very far before pressing eject. Maybe it was the sliders that put me off. I can't remember.

Today I decided I was going to suck it up, and boy am I glad I did. This is another workout that I really enjoyed. Now I'm eyeing up the rest of my virgin Cathe's.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 06:31 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
Thank you.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Today was Total Body Giant Sets from Cathe's Strong and Sweaty Series. I think I once started this workout but didn't get very far before pressing eject. Maybe it was the sliders that put me off. I can't remember.

Today I decided I was going to suck it up, and boy am I glad I did. This is another workout that I really enjoyed. Now I'm eyeing up the rest of my virgin Cathe's.
I am glad you enjoyed it! I have it and haven't try it yet. I need to try my virgin Cathe's!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 06:35 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Awesome thread. We had one like this some time ago called AMW (All my workouts) which kind of focused on untried vids. Plus a lot of other great conversation.

I have SO many untried DVDs. I've slowly been working through them along with some of my favorite streaming workouts.

New to me lately has been Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym Vol. 1. I have done the Intermediate workouts and they were awesome bodyweight workouts. Challenging but not killer. I always think they seem too simple but I always feel it later.

Tomorrow will be a couple of the Advanced workouts (I like to put shorter workouts together for an hour). I previewed it today and it looks pretty wicked. Even Mark is breathing hard and sweating.

I have LOTS more, plus I just bought a set. So have plenty to work on!

Thanks for starting this thread!
I've been intrigued by Mark Lauren for a while now, but I've never pulled the trigger on any of his workouts. I hope you'll continue checking in on this thread.
Old 09-20-19, 06:44 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You're welcome!

I am glad you enjoyed it! I have it and haven't try it yet. I need to try my virgin Cathe's!
I get stuck in a rut, not wanting to spend time learning new workouts. Now I'm beginning to find out what I've been missing, and it's actually feeling good to push past my comfort zone. This check in is really helping.
Old 09-20-19, 08:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

This morning I tried my first Plyoga workout -- Disc 1 Workout 1 -- some sort of "Reveal Your Inner Athlete" or something. It was sort of an introductory to Plyoga workout, but that doesn't mean it was easy. This is basically plyometric intervals with a yoga pose held for the rest period. I thought I'd like the concept but I think the jury is still out. I'll keep trying it though.

I think every time I try a new one and post here, I will feel gratitude for this thread being started!!
Old 09-20-19, 10:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
I get stuck in a rut, not wanting to spend time learning new workouts. Now I'm beginning to find out what I've been missing, and it's actually feeling good to push past my comfort zone. This check in is really helping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I think every time I try a new one and post here, I will feel gratitude for this thread being started!!
I agree, this is a fun and a helpful thread, and one never know what a new favorite might be hiding among those virgins.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 07:19 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Today I did Dance Off the Inches Island Cardio Party. This was actually quite good. It has 3 different dance styles (reggae, dancehall, and soca). Total time is 38 minutes with warm-up and cool-down, plus a 10 minute bonus abs blast. It also has an 18 minute section where you can learn the moves. I'd say it was solid intermediate level, but you could make it more intense by repeating the 3 dance sections or eliminating the short breaks.
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 07:41 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
Today I did Dance Off the Inches Island Cardio Party. This was actually quite good. It has 3 different dance styles (reggae, dancehall, and soca). Total time is 38 minutes with warm-up and cool-down, plus a 10 minute bonus abs blast. It also has an 18 minute section where you can learn the moves. I'd say it was solid intermediate level, but you could make it more intense by repeating the 3 dance sections or eliminating the short breaks.
I.have this one and have not done it yet. Thanks for the review.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 08:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
Oh no, I never heard of this one! Now I NEED it!! I like the other DOTI ones i have.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 09:56 PM  
sherry7899

[QUOTE=Vantreesta;2839699]Oh no, I never heard of this one! Now I NEED it!! I like the other DOTI ones i have.[/QUo

Total Fitness dvd sold it in a two pack with another dvd

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Dan...-Set-p/192.htm

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins