Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-24, 11:39 PM  
rhbrand

That's one I actually don't have.

But it's in my wish list LOL. I have the Trouble Makler palette and that color Real is just so pretty on the eyes.
Old 01-27-24, 09:50 AM  
Leonana

I think Colourpop repeats the colors. There’s only so many colors out there lol. You probably have all of them.
Old 01-29-24, 08:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sorry for the delay in my response; I have not been consistently getting emails about subscribed threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I've been using John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum after washing my hair, before drying. It's about $10 at Walmart but a little goes a long way. I think it helps to smooth my hair somewhat, and makes it softer/shinier. There are similar anti-frizz serums/oils out there that probably do a similar job. I used a L'Oreal version previously, but I think I like the John Frieda better.
Donna, thank you. I have been experimenting with serums. I do have to be careful not to use too much since my hair can still get weighed down/oily, but they do help. I had some Moroccanoil from my sister, and that's great but pretty pricey. Garnier Sleek & Shine Serum is good, but I've recently found that their Moroccan Sleek is even better (not quite as good as the Moroccanoil, but fairly close).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I have found my magic formula to be condition in the shower and spray with leave in conditioner immediately after. I use pantene, which retails near me for $6.
For whatever reason, a bit of serum as described above works for me, but leave-in conditioner doesn't! I have tried several, and they just seem to sit in my hair without really absorbing. Luckily, the Garnier Sleek & Shine leave-in condition does work very well for me as a rinse-out conditioner!

Weirdly, one of the things that seems to help with conditioning the most is if I comb through the conditioner after I apply it in the shower, wait a few minutes, and then rinse it. My hair seems to need help absorbing moisture!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 10:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm a pretty frugal and no -frills person -so I am here to ask -

Has anyone successfully used Gold Bond's new Face & Body moisturizers on their face?

They have a couple:

Pure Moisture
Healing Sensitive
Age Renew Retinol and Peptide
Body Bright (w/ VitC)

https://www.goldbond.com/en-us/products

The ingredients look good on all of them. My skin type is combo - it used to be more oily but has gotten drier with age (and it is also winter). I still can break out and get clogged pores, though....so that is why I have been a little hesitant on trying these on the face. But they are such a bargain - a big pump bottle in some cases for the price of a small tube of facial lotion.

I'm sort of scared to use them on my face for fear of breaking out. I have used a couple on my body and like them.

Thoughts?

Also I think I am over tinted sunscreen as a foundation. I can never find one that matches my skin tone. I know Neutrogena came out with a tinted sunscreen that comes in up to 4 shades, but I hate the product's packaging and the mess it makes. So I think for days when I'm mainly indoors I'm going to stick mainly to regular non-tinted sunscreen and a more traditional foundation so I can get a better shade match. If I'll be outside in a situation where I want to wear some "make-up" I'll use a tinted sunscreen then.

I also absolutely love this frugal non-tinted sunscreen from Eucerin:

https://www.eucerinus.com/products/f...sturizing-face

It is inexpensive and works well - for me, it needs a little time to set before putting anything on over it - but if I allow it that additional time it works great under either a tinted moisturizer, foundation or tinted sunscreen.

Donna

Last edited by donnamp; 02-06-24 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typos!!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 09:54 PM  
Leonana

Donna, I haven’t tried the Gold Bond. I’ve had good luck with the Cetaphil Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer.

I like the Kroger tinted Shimmer Sunscreen. It’s a good color for me and my dd too. Although, I don’t know if you have Kroger grocery stores in your area. You can’t order it online.
Old 02-06-24, 06:21 AM  
Carol K

I wonder if you're talking about the Neutrogena tinted sunscreen that I use, because it comes in 4 shades. It's the Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30. I use the Sheer Ivory and it doesn't make a mess. I've given up foundation, because this is just so easy and I only use it on my nose, cheeks and under my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Also I think I am over tinted sunscreen as a foundation. I can never find one that matches my skin tone. I know Neutrogena came out with a tinted sunscreen that comes in up to 4 shades, but I hate the product's packaging and the mess it makes. So I think for days when I'm mainly indoors I'm going to stick mainly to regular non-tinted sunscreen and a more traditional foundation so I can get a better shade match. If I'll be outside in a situation where I want to wear some "make-up" I'll use a tinted sunscreen then.

Donna
Old 02-06-24, 07:30 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Sherry - thanks, we don't have Kroger here, but we have Harris Teeter, which may be the Kroger of the East Coast. I will see if they have it!

Carol - I was referring to this one:

https://www.neutrogena.com/products/...ml?pid=6806411

It is ok - but the packaging makes a mess, as the sunscreen is very liquidy and runs all over the place -half of the product ends up in the cap or on the counter! They should have put it in a pump bottle, I think.

Is this the one you use?

https://www.neutrogena.com/products/...tilePosition=5

Donna
Old 02-06-24, 07:32 PM  
Carol K

That's the one and it's not runny. I thought it came in 4 shades.
Old 02-06-24, 07:39 PM  
rhbrand

I love this tinted sunscreen.

https://www.australiangold.com/spf-5...t/5637144646.p
I use the fair to light, but they also have medium to tan, and rich to deep.

Not a bunch of coverage, but enough to make my skin look a little better and tone down my broken capillary look.
Old 02-07-24, 06:50 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I love this tinted sunscreen.

https://www.australiangold.com/spf-5...t/5637144646.p
I use the fair to light, but they also have medium to tan, and rich to deep.

Not a bunch of coverage, but enough to make my skin look a little better and tone down my broken capillary look.
Thank you! I'm not looking for a ton of coverage, just something to even out the skin tone a bit! I think I tried the older version of this product a few years ago and then it disappeared and I couldn't find it!

Donna

Tags
2024 beauty, 2024 beauty thread, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2024, off topic, off-topic