Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-14, 10:47 AM  
PennyK

I love vintage workouts and have many, they are like listening to music from my youth and hold a special place in my heart!!! My favorites are the Esquire ones or anything with Deborah Crocker and Cosmopolitan Tonetics with Deborah Lee as these were my first introduction into home videos along with "watching" Denise Austin on television!!! Another favorite is the first part of Cherfitness A New Attitude!!! And the bonus of vintage is you can find them so cheap!!!

I did Rejuvenetics last night, it is great for balance work and heard about it here!!!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 10:52 AM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

I just revisited Cher Fitness today (just watched it to see if the dvd was ok, my Step Reebock is still in my basement, I have to fetch it and dust it before I can actually do the workout .

I really looove the music + I like Cher. There are so few fitness videos with inspiring music. I used to love Donna-Mite for the same reason.
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 12:12 PM  
PennyK

This past Friday i did Kathy Smith Timesaver Lift Weights to Lose Weight upper body.
Old 08-11-14, 02:23 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I just did Work It Off Cardio Dance with Michelle Dozios and Tracy York. I was surprised to recognize Tracey Mallett as a background exerciser. She was also credited as assistant choreographer.

It was fun but a little more dancy than I like. I flubbed my way through some moves, but it was still fun and the low to moderate intensity was just what I was seeking since I've got some DOMS in my thighs.

Kim
I did another Michelle and Tracy vintage - 7-Day Solution. Half an hour cardio, half an hour basic weight work. Really a nice little workout, although I can't imagine doing it 7 days in a row.

I also could not believe how Michelle just has not aged at all from there to Peak Fit!
Old 08-11-14, 02:54 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Project You Full Body Circuit. Hadn't done it in ages. I'm doing a little mini-rotation of Project You this week.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 10:43 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I pulled out Gin Miller's Reebok Power Step workout a few days ago. I couldn't get past the look -- the outfits, red thong and big hair. Maybe I was in a bad mood. I liked it 4 years ago, the last time I did it ....
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 03:11 AM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

I am quite excited because one of my friends is going to give me a VCR (mine's broken) !!! There are some workouts I have never been able to find on DvD and I am really looking forward to revisiting them : Donnamite, a very basic Jane Fonda step workout I used to love (had been given to me by a lovely VFer .
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 03:51 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I love vintage workouts and have many, they are like listening to music from my youth and hold a special place in my heart!!! My favorites are the Esquire ones or anything with Deborah Crocker and Cosmopolitan Tonetics with Deborah Lee as these were my first introduction into home videos along with "watching" Denise Austin on television!!! Another favorite is the first part of Cherfitness A New Attitude!!! And the bonus of vintage is you can find them so cheap!!!

I did Rejuvenetics last night, it is great for balance work and heard about it here!!!
Another one who loves the Esquire workouts with Deborah Crocker - Upper Body Beautiful, Dynamite Legs, and Super Stomach.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:17 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Another one who loves the Esquire workouts with Deborah Crocker - Upper Body Beautiful, Dynamite Legs, and Super Stomach.

I absolutely love her!!! I did buy her Superbody workouts that i found on Amazon, but have yet to try them as i usually do the ones you listed. Do you also have Stretching for Energy and Low Impact Aerobics? I know there were some made with Marian Ramaikas and i have sought out all the ones with Deborah in them!!!
Old 08-13-14, 02:15 PM  
Kizzy

Hi! I've been a member of the VF site for a few years but never posted much. I couldn't resist jumping in on this vintage thread! I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts!! I've been slowly working through my old VHS workouts. Since I live in Ohio and I struggle with SADS I tend to lean towards the ones filmed outdoors. My ALL TIME favorite one is Karen Voight's and Elle's Personal Best. I like Karen's Energy Sprint too. Jessica Smith's new workouts are quite lovely too! The scenery is awesome. The past few weeks I have been working out with Gilad's Quick Fix's and Denise Austin's Hit the Spot toning ones. I really liked Denise's Hit the Spot series. I wish she would have kept going with them. Have they ever been reproduced on DVD's? I still have VHS tapes that I recorded from her tv shows!! Sadly, I don't care for her newer ones. She has a sweet spirit though...lousy cuing... but alot of encouragement for all.
Today I am going for a loooooong walk and then do Gilad's Quick Fix abs.
The weather is beautiful here and I'm going for that vitamin D fix! Everyone have a great day! Looking forward to hearing more about the oldies but goodies!
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts