Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-20, 06:29 PM  
seabliss

LOL Cynthia! Winsor sounds like a better option. And the hurricane is coming in tonight. They're saying it will be worse for us than for the coast. Praying no more trees come down.

No "real" workout today. Too busy doing the house stuff. Good amount of steps, though.

Lynn, crossing my fingers that you're right! Glad you are having cooler weather.

Diana, time is so weird in 2020. This year has been so strange.

Cheryl
Old 08-03-20, 07:52 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. After two pancreatitis attacks, 4 days of muscle spasms in my back, and doctoring for my wrists and A/C joint, I might be back. If the Dr has to go in to fix my A/C joint he'll have to take a piece off the clavicle to fix it. The wrists and A/C joint are from the accident on the Total Gym a few years ago.

Today I did lower body and back and biceps on my own.

I was hoping to get a lot of rain from the storm going up the coast but it doesn't look like it will come inland far enough. We need relief from the drought.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 08:51 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes, plus walk in park with DH. Lovely evening. Still riding the migraine cycle, but this one came in in the pm, which is better than waking up with it and the meds kicked in faster. They seem to come in for several days and then I have a period with out problem, and then they are back. Sigh.

Cynthia, the problem with August is that I have to start teaching and that I forgot to have a summer vacation.

Cheryl and Diana, keeping you both in thought that you should be safe in the hurricane.

Linda, it sounds like you have been though some rough stuff, and let's hope you are indeed back. Do take care with the exercise, though I know that you already know what you can and can't do. Glad to hear from you and hear that you have come through. Hoping that things continue to stay good for you. Are you actually planning to have surgery?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 06:28 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Everything is OK for us with the hurricane. We dodged a bullet again. I am grateful for that.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 06:42 PM  
lynnf

Lauren beach body workout from Rock Solid. Also some of the Iyengar yoga #6.

Diana, glad the hurricane didn't hit you.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 08:17 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-04-20, 08:43 PM  
seabliss

Today was our first day on the market. We had two showings, and we have three already lined up for tomorrow. Hoping things go well. I have 13k steps but I didn't get a workout in. After the second showing DH, DD, and I went to our lake (private community lake) and sat on the porch of the quiet clubhouse in the rocking chairs there, overlooking the lake and the dam that was just gushing. The hurricane brought so much water (but no damage to us), and the lake looks like a huge mud puddle. We had snacks and refreshments and just relaxed after all the hard work.

Tomorrow morning I get what is left of my tooth pulled out. Then the showings we have start in the afternoon and don't end until 6, so I probably won't get a workout in. I'll have to do some work to get my fitness back after all this.

Linda, it's good to see you! Hoping you can really be back and able to do everything you want to do. Did you get some rain?

Lynn, when does your school year start? DD starts remote school on the 17th. All the school in our county is remote starting off this year.

Cynthia, how is your DD doing? Is she still seeing the same boyfriend?

Diana, how is it going with the containers? Glad you were ok with the hurricane. I think it turned and we just got heavy rain but nothing crazy. It was so beautiful today.

Cheryl
Old 08-04-20, 09:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl and Diana, so relieved to hear you're safe.

Yes, DD is still with her nice boyfriend. No news about his niece, baby Luna. Still in the NICU, still no operation.

Check-in: barre legs from Cardio Barre. L4 back and biceps.

I know some people ignore the scale, but I weigh myself every morning. I've stayed under 130, but my preferred weight is 127.5 and that's what it was today. I've been eating sensibly too, but I think I have found the right program for me. Love the heavy weights and barre chapters.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 08:33 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia Thank you for the update on Baby Luna. Will continue to pray. I also weigh daily. Great job on finding what works. Since we started the move with the shop I have have been able to lose some weight. I am down close to 15 pounds. I still have a bit more to go but I'm getting close. I won't get down as low as I did before since it was so hard to maintain that.

Cheryl I will pray for the dental procedure today. It sounds like you had a really nice day after all of that work. Someone will be coming this week to look at the containers and to see what can be done with moving them.

I would appreciate prayers for the container situation and the people coming to look at it.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-05-20, 03:52 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, 15 lbs! Impressive.

Lynn, last year I forgot to take a summer vacation. I had several concerts, a group solo for which I prepped with a vocal coach, and 2 opera performances, and lots of rehearsals. And all this required driving 3 hours round trip. Then the fall season started for the San Jose choir. I was exhausted, and I have told my singing friend/commute buddy that I'm just now recovering. I took a fall vacation, the restorative knitting retreat, and am so glad I did. I had a wonderful time. Just got an email from the retreat leader that she is dying. She was in treatment last fall and had other knitting leaders helping during the sessions. Glad I went; she was really special.

I didn't forget to take a vacation this summer, but cancelled it due to the pandemic. I had planned to take an LA/beach vacation in Santa Monica and go to the Cardio Barre flagship studio in Studio City. Maybe next year, or the year after next.

Very gray and chilly day. I did take a walk after driving DD. I'm keeping pretty up with my hybrid calendar, but will not do a half hour of leg HIIT, even modified, so my walk was a sub for that. The other half will be barre booty.

Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote