Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-08, 03:33 PM  
RedPanda

Question Cardio Sweatfest question

Tracey's Cardio Sweatfest is on my wishlist - I'm waiting to see the reviews and clips of her forthcoming kickboxing workout so I may order that at the same time to save postage.

I've checked out the Cardio Sweatfest clip on Tracey's site and I think I'd enjoy the kickbox workout. But the clip (I think) is all from the kickbox workout and none from the hi-lo workout. Can anyone tell me what the hi-lo workout is like?
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 03:44 PM  
ladysaraii

Its like a little salsa workout. lots of hip shaking. It was fun, not terribly intense, but then again I wasnt going all out. I liked the music.

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 03:56 PM  
RedPanda

Thanks! Doesn't sound like my thing, but after 60 minutes of kickboxing with Tracey, maybe I could just listen to the music as I lie on the floor to recover!
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 04:12 PM  
cmarsh4

It is dancy but I liked it. It has a little bit of a christi flare.

chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 04:47 PM  
KathAL79

IIRC, the hi/lo portion was actually choreographed by Donna, who leads the cool-down. Tracey's cueing is, um, less than copious and precise here, but as long as you learn well by watching you'll be all right. There are a couple of awkward little transitions between moves and the exact structure behind the routine in terms of TIFTing, intervals, etc., gets a little muddy at times, but I'd say this is a fairly easy to pick up dancey hi/lo workout that's accessible to people who usually do more athletic-style workouts. (By the way, this is from someone who does complex choreography.) You will need a good deal of space to do this workout exactly as presented. Tracey wrote that she tried it in a very small space before filming, but she must be absolutely tiny because even while keeping steps small I (at 5'8") still found myself roaming all over my fairly generously-sized workout space.
Tracey's forte is clearly athletic rather than dancey aerobics, and I hope that her upcoming hi/lo workout reflects that.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote