Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-23, 08:16 AM  
Buzzer

Ran 1.90 miles... DONE!
Stretch from T25... DONE!

The stretch was awful! I don't know why beach body thinks talking assertively or muscle endurance needs to be part of a stretch. Shawn T was loud and obnoxious, and a lot of the stretches were more isometric holds of a squat or lunge with the stretch. So I took it to the floor, did the same stretches but on the floor where I could relax and stretch more instead of fight to hold an isometric contraction. I didn't finish the "workout", I eventually did my own thing and stretched. It felt good and I need to stretch more!

The run was nice. I love running with Tommy! He's walking, and more talkative. I am learning a bunch! Plus the shorter runs feel better. I am focusing on form and bouncing, and not forcing the run. I am slow, but getting it done!

LB still has the sores in her mouth and throat. They now have gone from lot of small to less, larger and more inflamed. I don't know. She feels great otherwise.

Eventmom: I am isolating her either way! We have gone nowhere and don't plan on going anywhere. She is energetic, and you'd never know she was sick except those sores! It snowed about a foot last night, so we are camped in for a while. I did get to use my new snowblower, so that made me happy!! It works OK... it's battery powered, I still have to push it quite a bit, and it shoots out rocks from the driveway so I have to be careful where the snow shooter thing is pointed. I made some paths for DH and the dogs, and will go out later and do more. It was cold!!!

I have been taking the "motivation" now for about a week, and it is amazing! My house looks pretty doggone clean!! I even sewed up the stuffed suns that are Otis'... he rips holes in them sometimes, so instead of tossing them, if I can catch them when they just have a hole and aren't completely ripped to shreds, I put them aside so I can fix them. I did that!!! I've been saving them up for a year or more, and I even did that. I was looking today thinking "there isn't much more to do here. Maybe I should stop taking motivation so I don't drive myself crazy" but then I looked in the laundry room/pantry. I took the motivation! HA! I need to tackle that again. Organize it at least.

So today is a camped in day. Between LB's mouth sores and the snow... probably a play in the snow day!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-23, 11:14 AM  
Buzzer

quick check in since I just finished my workout...
1.94 miles running.. DONE!
Classical Stretch 701 an anti aging one.. DONE!

I wanted to check in because not only did I run, but I did a CS and it was HARD. I made all sorts of noises during this workout! I am not flexible at ALL. I remember doing two of these back to back. Now I was praying for this one to be OVER!!! It was hard. I am not flexible at all. I think I need to stick to some CS a few times a week for a while. I don't want to end my weights, so maybe I'll do a 30 minutes to fitness workout, but I need to rethink my workout calendar to add in more CS. I can't believe how hard that was!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-09-23, 03:29 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA day 4 + caribbean aerobics hi lo

using the TA spotify list and a working remote has increased my exercise happiness!

buzzer - great job on the run. I have to include stretch/flexiblity in my 'rotation' CS is great but I've got some yoga and some athletic that I like. But yeah I'm stiff enough even with it. Glad the 'motivation' stuff is so helpful. I'm afraid of all those types of things trashing my sleep.

hi ebianco and lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-23, 12:00 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

just to keep our thread going

Sunday - day 5 TA + dc 1.2
Monday - day 6 TA + charlene
Today - day 7 TA + cardio from her sweat + sculpt or whatever

so using spotify playlists for TA is AWESOME so much better.

waves everyone!
Old 12-12-23, 05:23 PM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.01 miles... DONE!

didn't do any weightlifting. LB had violin so I ran out of time! However I ran and that counts!

Yesterday was a day off since I drove LB and another kid up to blacksmithing. I sit and read books while they are there, so it's a complete day off of working out!

I got laser procedure #2 done today, so my mouth feels tender and like it's burnt. I really hope this time I notice more of a difference than I did last time. My sleep study was awful, no improvements. The night I went to Breckenridge it was AWFUL. Just a few thousand feet in elevation really did about kill me!!! I think I will stay at home and not spend a lot of day up higher until I get some of this sorted out. he said the good news is that when I am low oxygen, I am not so low or spending enough time in hypoxia as to cause damage to my brain. So there's that good news!!

So I will tenderly eat for a day or two and hopefully do myself some good.

I wonder if he would laser my abs or heinie?

Anyhow, today is a dreary, foggy day. LB and I will be heading out on Thursday for my nephews graduation, hopefully the weather holds! We have about a 5 hour trip there and back. I am looking forward to it. LB is going to practice violin, we will listen to podcasts and take our time. DH is staying home with the dogs.

Eventmom: The motivation doesn't seem to hurt my sleep, but the "creativity" sure did! Which is weird, you would think that one was more low key and less stimulating than motivation. I ordered a bunch of the motivation! I love it! I am getting so much done!!

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-14-23, 09:26 AM  
Buzzer

2.03 miles... DONE!
Crunch fitness Pick your Spot Pilates, just 10 minutes of abs...DONE!

I ran, and I ran well. Considering how crappy I run, I ran well! I went .1 mph faster... which doesn't sound like much, but once I get used to this .1, I can go up another .1 and then I will be .2 mph faster. Eventually, I will be .5 or even another 1 mph faster. So I am happy for it! Then I went inside and did 10 minutes of pick your spot pilates. I had written in the notes that it was good for getting into the pilates ab brace, so I popped that in. It was easier... I mean the workout would be easier to do it. However, my abs just haven't been the same the last 11 years, so it was not easy for my body!! I did what I could, and it was good. I put my hands behind my head instead of up like they do, but I did the work and really tried to focus, even though my body doesn't do the brace like it used to. Maybe if I work at it, it will.

My core used to be one of the strongest things on me. I remember taking a CPR/Heimlich class, probably the Red Cross one, and a girl telling me with wide eyes after we pretend practiced Heimlich on each other, that I had the strongest abs she had ever felt and asked what I did. Now my abs are squishy. At the time I taught Pilates, lifted weights, taught group fitness, and ran. So it was hard to say what gave me good, strong abs. However, I am so far away from that so I have been working on my core. During my cool downs after running (it gives me a 10 minute walk at the end for the cool down), I usually work on trying to find that pilates brace. I also try using my "powerhouse" to lead my run as much as I can. I am working on things, just not really getting there like I used to!!

Today LB and I leave on our 5 hour road trip to go see my Nephew graduate college. I am kinda excited for it! I wanted to meander there, however there's not a lot to meander to. We are going to see "Carhenge" on the way, and perhaps a fort or a quick museum. There is also a Maverick gas station we want to visit It's a lot of open space (going to Nebraska), but I want to make it fun for us both

This is our first road trip together. We'll see how it goes! I think we will have a blast. I love this kid!

So running today, probably pilates, and I am bringing pilates with me for tomorrow morning. I don't know if the have a treadmill to run on there, and I'm not sure I would run if they did! I am going to bring the pilates at least, and figure it out from there. It's two mornings we will be there, so if I don't get much done, I just don't get much done. LB doesn't have her classes next week, so I will be able to get my workouts in all week. Christmas break!!

Waves to everyone! I'm not sure if I will check in until Sunday, so I pray you guys have a great few days and are enjoying some pre-Christmas lights and fun
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-14-23, 11:19 AM  
Buzzer

adding on for before we leave (in case I don't have time to check in once we get there) ran 2.04 miles... DONE!

My workout room lock wasn't working, so I couldn't get into my workout room. After I ran in my backup workout clothes I had in the house (a t-shirt and capris) I worked on the lock until it would let me in. Apparently when it's low battery, it just locks everyone out and pouts. we even have a way to unlock it via our phones and it just sat there pouting. I don't know why it finally let me in, but I was grateful so I could grab some workouts to bring with me!!!

So no add on today. I grabbed some t-tapps that I had raved about in the piece of paper I put in with them, and some pilates. I don't know if I will run, however I can do a 30 minute t-tapp or pilates.

Have a great few days!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-14-23, 11:59 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - yoga in the garden of serenity
today - day 8 TA + 15 min keoni walk

well I'm grading -- which I've been doing since Sat. Which I hate. And this is because I'm trying to put in a few comments on their scores which due to the crappy interface is making it take 50% longer to grade than usual. somehow I'll get them done today.

buzzer - great on the running. I just suck at running and completely give it up! drive safely and enjoy the family time.

waves ebianco & lucie!
Old 12-15-23, 12:23 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I can't believe how busy I've been and gotten so behind on checking in.

December 7 Thursday-Penny Barnshaw HIIT workout 15 minutes then Iron Day 2 shoulders, chest, and back (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tczV...kxymJ2&index=2). I think this was the only day I've done a HIIT before Iron, I think I was too ambitious with my rotation idea

December 8 Friday-Treadmill walk for 52 minutes, don't recall why not the entire 60, then Iron Day 3 glutes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qd-...kxymJ2&index=3) but only partial, I was feeling pretty tired I think.

December 9 Saturday-Youtube zumba stuff then Fuel Day 4 total body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyY...ndex=5&t=2161s) and I was definitely on to something good with the Iron/Fuel mix. I loved this workout! It was PHA and went by really fast, and the finisher really made me breathless.

December 10 Sunday-more Youtube zumba stuff then Iron Day 5 bicep, tricep, and abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-OY...kxymJ2&index=5) then I did Barlates TA #6 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwv...53Nk_A&index=7) because I had been really missing it all week, even though I had already been working out for almost an hour by then! My total workout was an hour and 40 minutes by the time I finished stretching!

Monday-Tuesday-planned rest days. I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes (plus cleaning) on Monday and for 60 minutes on Tuesday

Wednesday-Iron Day 6 quads before in office (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBlc...kxymJ2&index=6) and it sufficiently got my heart rate up for me to feel more awake and energized before the office.

Yesterday-treadmill 60 minutes then Iron Day 7, shoulders and tricep, but I added chest because the later upper body day this week is back/biceps. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i5R...kxymJ2&index=7)

Today-very tired, had a tough day yesterday with personal stuff, but I still walked for about 45 minutes then did the entire Iron Day 8 hamstring/glutes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFF4...kxymJ2&index=8). I'm looking forward to the next total body Fuel workout tomorrow.

Eventmom Ugh there is nothing worse than technological problems when you are just trying to do your workout! I'm glad the new remote really improved things!

I keep going back to that 10 minute fitness heroes workout. It's great!

Buzzer I hear you about Eugene, maybe a resistance to antibiotics is what his problem is? Especially since they never found anything in surgery, that is crazy. Poor boy, I hope he is doing better!

Safe travels and be safe!

Lucie waves!
Old 12-15-23, 12:48 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

day 9 TA
DC 1.1 with spotify

I think I'll move onto the new level tomorrow. This level has gotten pretty easy.

ebianco - between my working remote and using TA spotify playlists for music my workouts are going much better. Crazy how much better! awesome workouts. Even though I'm retired (just teaching this course) I'm so behind. I think it's just that time of year.

waves buzzer and lucie!