Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-11, 09:04 AM  
Becky

TA Hipcentric Continuity Question

I recently finished the 90 days with Hipcentric and have moved on to continuity. So far I've done days 91 and 92 and I'm a bit confused.

Is there a reason why Tracy only does 20 reps for each exercise in the MS? I'm so used to 40, that this level seems kind of easy.

Would it be crazy to pause the workout and do 40 reps? Or is there a reason that I should only do the 20?

Thanks!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 09:33 AM  
Indy

Don't question it - just thank your lucky stars and move on. Doing the 40 is sometimes like pure agony.

Are the continuity program still 30 minutes? Perhaps she packs more exercises in there because there are fewer reps.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 10:42 AM  
cardiomama

According to Tracy's site, you can use ankle or wrist weights for Continuity workouts (optional for first 3 months, recommended for all months after that): http://tracyandersonmethod.com/metamorphosis/breakdown/

Perhaps Tracy is varying up the rep ranges to mix things up in the different workouts (by each month). I noticed in Omni level 6 that there were quite a few 20 rep exercises, maybe due to complexity and/or the number of exercises she sequenced in the workout (but most floor exercises for each MS workout had 30 or 40 reps).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 10:48 AM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Don't question it - just thank your lucky stars and move on.
This made me laugh.
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 11:30 AM  
carres1973

I have finished Hip Continuity and throughout all levels there were only 20 reps per exercise...there may have even been one double/triple type exercise with only 10 reps. Part of it is, I think, muscle confusion; the other part may be that most of the moves have two components to them. It isn't just lifting leg up, but instead is lifting leg out, up, back, down, etc. Those are my thoughts anyway!

Yes, the MS work in Continuity is still 30 minutes (or there abouts).

I am currently on a TA break (re-visiting my old friend Cathe) but will then be moving onto the second set of Hip Continuity.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 03:53 PM  
Honeydew

Becky and Carres congrats! if you don't mind, can you share any results you've gotten?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 04:30 PM  
Becky

Thanks Honeydew!

I am truly shocked at my results.

I started Hipcentric after losing 17 pounds since January of this year. I was at my plateau weight of 132 and very happy.

Since then, in 90 days, I have lost 9 pounds and 3-inches off my hips and 2-inches off my thighs. I didn't lose any inches on my waist but I can't believe how amazing my abs look!

I actually have NOTHING that fits in my closet for the first time ever, because everything is too loose, even my skinny clothes!

I have been working out for over 20 years and did Cathe almost exclusively. I've done STS, CLX and CTX but never got results like this!

I don't know if it was aging and slower metabolism or what, but I hit a tough patch the past couple of years where I got up to 149 pounds, even though I was running up to 14 miles at once and doing all the killer Cathe's I could think of. It was like I was punishing my body with the toughest workouts I could think of... and it was not working.

I find it truly amazing, that when I changed my focus and started being easier on myself, the weight just started melting off. And I'm having so much fun!! And if you have fun, you stay consistent.

I have never been happier with a program in my life!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Old 10-14-11, 04:48 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

on the reps - what carrie said.
on the results, pretty much what Becky said. The size smaller pants I bought in July (after meta) are too damn baggy in the rear and thut, huh? me? huh? Jones NY doesn't make a size small enough for me? Wait I have to go buy size 4 at EXPRESS (don't tell my 14 dd that I am shopping where she shops). I'm 50 how did this happen? Oh, dah, TA.

I'm not adding weights or reps.

Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 12:20 PM  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Don't question it - just thank your lucky stars and move on. Doing the 40 is sometimes like pure agony.
That made me laugh! And you were right.

I am officially taking back my original post.

I finished day 94 yesterday and I am having trouble sitting. My bum has serious DOMS, and that's with doing only 20 reps.

TA really knows what she's doing. I need to stop questioning it.

Old 10-15-11, 12:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Becky, congrats on your results! I recently turned 50 also and I'm not sure what exercise (if any) I attribute my results to, but lately my DH can't compliment me enough on my shape. It's awesome to be 50 and feel this way, right?

ETA: Oh, it was Terrie who dropped the "50" bomb.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ta continuity