Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-24, 11:00 AM  
donnamp

Diane - one of my greatest weaknesses, per my DH, is that I tend to give people too much lee-way. I think he is right to some extent as I have been hurt by people who I gave the benefit of the doubt to - he is much more likely to see black and white than I am. I sometimes get on him for being that way, but there have been a number of times where I was wrong about someone and he was right. I guess we're all made differently and I guess it is good that DH and I opposites in that way as we can temper each other!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 01:55 PM  
donnamp

I didn't realize that Sharon passed from COVID. I feel extra lucky at this point to have had such a mild case.

Donna
Old 01-08-24, 02:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I didn't realize that Sharon passed from COVID. I feel extra lucky at this point to have had such a mild case.

Donna
I didn't want to share that on the GD for obvious reasons.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 10:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

52 minute outdoor walk

The walk felt really good yesterday. Now we have some rain coming in this afternoon and quite a wind/rain storm overnight predicted. I'm a little concerned about flooding.

PAT, I'm sorry to hear about SharonNYC.
I didn't "know" her personally but I remember her well. How sad. Actually my back does seem to have improved quite a bit. I'll proceed cautiously. I was able to add the Coffeyfit channel to my Roku so thanks for that suggestion. Advenures with RAW streaming is definitely a good way of putting it. LOL.

DIANE, Cyberpump has served you well.
Good job with the snow clean up. The "drama queen" caused the problem on VF Roost, it's not a sitewide problem. It seems they took care of it quickly over there.

DONNA, good workouts. You always seem to be the voice of reason over in the GD discussions. You always give thoughtful unbiased opinions where you look at both sides. It's a good quality. No harm done giving the benefit of the doubt. You see the truth now. Haha

BETH, your link helped me do some troubleshooting and I was able to add the coffeyfit channel to my Roku. Thanks. Now to get started on those workouts. Did you ever get the egg weights?

What does everyone think of the sticky thread on GD about Wendy giving up the forum to the community. It's a daunting task. We'll still go to VF Roost when the time comes I'm thinking. Of course I'll stay here if someone takes it on but I think that's doubtful.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 10:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I was able to be a little more active yesterday:

~ fitbymik 15 Minute Cardio Aerobics Workout - No Squats
~ fitbymik 10 Minute Standing Arm Workout
~ Sadhana Day 8 - Yoga Ranger Yoga Nidra for Emotional & Physical Balance
~ Devi Daly Yin Yoga Challenge Day 2, Yin Yoga to Recharge
~ 4,286 steps

I got to see PamelaP’s good news about the future of VF but was unable to see VF for the rest of the day. I hope someone can step forward. A few people had volunteered a couple years ago, but were ignored. It is good to hear Wendy is alive, at least.

Summer Breeze, good to hear you are all hooked up to RAW! Thank you for giving me the motivation to finally get into fitbymik's channel. She has such a cute personality and I really enjoyed both workouts.

Waves all - hoping this goes through, it’s nonstop Server Busy.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 12:02 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Diane - one of my greatest weaknesses, per my DH, is that I tend to give people too much lee-way. I think he is right to some extent as I have been hurt by people who I gave the benefit of the doubt to - he is much more likely to see black and white than I am. I sometimes get on him for being that way, but there have been a number of times where I was wrong about someone and he was right. I guess we're all made differently and I guess it is good that DH and I opposites in that way as we can temper each other!

Donna
Like you, DH and I are opposites but he yields to my sense of people. I have a good BS meter and a good "good/bad" meter. I tend to sense things in people before they bring it out in the open. I wish I looked at people with a more "gray area" meter.

I like to think I look at the world like a dog - I trust dogs' sense of people. If my dog or cat didn't like someone, I knew there was something off. DH calls me Pooch and it's quite fitting!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 12:07 PM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

We’re expecting bad weather starting at 4pm so I’m not too hopeful about getting outside for our walk.

Last night we walked 34 minutes after dinner – had to be careful as there were icy spots

Steps: 13,342

Today’s workout:
  • Cyberpump Day 30 – Leg Strength & Mobility
  • Day 13 Ab challenge
  • 108 Pushups
  • 108 KB Swings
  • Stretch

Pat: Hope your Moan Day was quiet and uneventful.

Yes, pushups are such a great workout. I really love doing them and know they make a difference.

I looked up Sharon but there wasn’t an obituary. She still had the same picture as her avatar. I pray she went peacefully. She was one of the good ones. Don’t beat yourself up about the Covid drama. Some people are just looking for trouble and we have many of them!

Wow look at your workouts yesterday! You are definitely feeling better my friend! I’m so happy to see that!

I’ve been getting the VF busy signal all morning so I’m hoping this goes through!!!

Summer Breeze: I absolutely love Cyberpump and am looking forward to trying more of Jasper’s programs.

I’m glad VF Roost took care of the “drama queen”. I do know from another VFer that she married a much older man so my thinking is she’s probably bored out of her mind. Oh well, good luck to her! She can have her little corner of the Internet and ramble on all she wants!

I’m thinking it’s a positive thing about Wendy giving it up but if the platform is not getting regular updates, it’s going to die. I’m all for VF Roost!

Waves to Beth and Donna! See you all tomorrow!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 12:50 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I finally got back in! I feel like I have to post quickly before getting kicked out again.

Here's a quick update. We had a blizzard yesterday, high wind gusts of about 70mph. Not a ton of snow, but it caused white out conditions with multiple car pileups along our interstate. So glad I work from home!

I get my stitches out tomorrow! Then I should be cleared to workout again.

I forgot about the egg weights! I do want them and have been following Kelley to see what she's up to. She said she rebounds every morning to help clear the lymphatic system.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 12:58 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

p.s. I saw that about turning the forum over. I work in front-end web development and believe that would be a monumental task involving an enormous amount of effort for someone or some people, to transfer all that data. Best of luck to those hardy souls who sign up for it. And kudos to Wendy for managing the forum all those years; based on recent threads what an endeavor that must have been.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 04:12 PM  
donnamp

I sure hope this lets me post - I have the feeling that VF may be going under sooner than we thought.

Anyway - I hope this posts!!

Yesterday I walked my dog and then in the evening I added on Jessica Valant - standing hip mobility and her basic lower body workout # 1. Which was just a basic series of lunges, squats, calf raises, deadlifts and step ups. I think going back to the basics is needed after being sick and also doing some lighter workouts in November and December.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valant - Beginner Hip Mobility

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Maryland - Jenny announced that her Walk and Step Across the UK is coming out next week - so I wanted to "even up" my states - so I finished Disc 3 of Step Across America and Walk Across America so when I resume those I can pick up at Disc 4 for both. A little OCD on the organization there.

Trifecta Pilates - Back Mobility - this was nice to stretch out after step.

Thank you, Summer Breeze for your kind words. My Myers-Briggs type is INFP which is the "Mediator" and I think that is accurate for me.

Pat - don't feel bad about kicking off any drama - you didn't do anything wrong and i understand about not sharing that about Sharon on GD.

Thanks, Diane! I do end up disappointed in people quite frequently - so my DH may be on to something in the way he looks at things, but I guess we are all different!

Beth - glad you are healing and can be cleared to workout again!

When do you think we should move our check in to VF Roost???

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna