Old 04-09-11, 09:00 AM  
woodie

You look awesome, ssgilby!!!!!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 09:01 AM  
woodie

Do you guys think kickboxing and step would be too much cardio for the plan?

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 04-09-11, 09:06 AM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Do you guys think kickboxing and step would be too much cardio for the plan?
I'd say do any cardio you love -- you're feeling a balance of strength and cardio and enjoying your workouts.

If it were me, I'd stick to cardio that's not muscle-toning. To me, dance cardio or running or elliptical or swimming is perfect, because it complements the tough work you do in the Muscular Structure parts. If you do cardio that also works on toning the muscles too much (I'm thinking of kickboxing and how hard it works your legs, and some step workouts) then it may be too much -- could make it hard for you to give the MS part your all. JMO!
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 11:40 AM  
woodie

shortie that's a good point.

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 04-09-11, 12:01 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
If it were me, I'd stick to cardio that's not muscle-toning. To me, dance cardio or running or elliptical or swimming is perfect, because it complements the tough work you do in the Muscular Structure parts. If you do cardio that also works on toning the muscles too much (I'm thinking of kickboxing and how hard it works your legs, and some step workouts) then it may be too much -- could make it hard for you to give the MS part your all. JMO!
Tracy Anderson's dance cardio looks like it works your legs with all that jumping around...
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 01:18 PM  
woodie

Are you guys adding cardio on top of the rotation or subbing out Tracy's cardio? How much cardio does Tracy suggest?

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 04-09-11, 02:17 PM  
sweatmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Tracy Anderson's dance cardio looks like it works your legs with all that jumping around...
Yes, while it is jumping around alot I find that I engage and work my legs differently than when I do things like running, eliptical or step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Are you guys adding cardio on top of the rotation or subbing out Tracy's cardio? How much cardio does Tracy suggest?
I try to do TA cardio at least once a week, the rest of the time I sub in other dance inspired workouts. Shaun T's Rockin' Body is a favorite right now, as is TJ, cardio only Firms, Bellyfit Earth, I know that some have been doing Julianne Hough's, and 10MS dance dvds....if you check out the Meta Check-in you'll see alot of us subbing in various cardio dvds.

In the Meta series, TA includes 30 Minutes of cardio. She wants you to do at least that, but eventually wants you to work up to 40-60 minutes of dance cardio. But she says not to go over 60 minutes.

Hope this helps!

Metamorphed with TA June 2011
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 02:27 PM  
mle777

I like Tracy's toning exercises, but all I got out of her dance cardio is a stress fracture in my foot. Though I'm sure that it was user error

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 06:26 PM  
woodie

I have not ever done her cardio but am intersted in trying it. I am glad to see some people are doing Turbo Jam - I would likely add Turbo Kick and Turbo fire.

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 04-10-11, 10:58 AM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
Apologies for the threadjack.... Shelley, what other cardio are you using? I have a hard time with TA cardio and end up bouncing around the room instead of following along, lol. Any recs for something a klutz can do?
Hi! I do Tracy's stuff when I can. Otherwise I do any one of a large number of dance cardio workouts I have (it's my favorite kind of cardio). I'd check out maybe some of the dance 10 Min. Solution dance workouts. They tend to be easier on the choreography especially since they're only in 10 min. blocks. They can't have real long, complex combinations. The Dance off the Inches videos are fun too, and, IMO, not too tricky in terms of choreography. Both 10MS and DOTI also tend to be a lot less impact than TA's stuff.

I also try to get in three or so Leslie walks each week. My body seems to like longer, steadier state cardio, and Leslie is perfect for that. I modify Leslie up in a couple of ways - adding more impact (dancier) moves a' la Tracy and or adding TA-style arm work and standing ab work. I also sometimes use my hoop when I do Leslie. I have found a multitude of ways to make Leslie more exciting.

Thanks, guys, for all the nice comments on my blog and my pictures! I think I'll wait and take pics again on Day 60, which will be around April 24, so check back. (There. I just gave myself some pressure to really stick to the clean eating for the next week and a half! )

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, rockin body, rockin' body, tosca reno, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson results