Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-13, 01:15 PM  
ShihTzuPup

Ruthless gives back

All the backgrounders are there. 9 of them plus Steve.
Everyone picks their favorite exercise. I think it's 1 min, 30 sec each exercise.

Warm up

Steve's choice:5 push-ups, 5 mountain climbers
A backgrounders choice: straight leg lift and touch with opposite hand
Surfer girl's choice: plank
One of the guy's choice: that move where you lay on your back and lift your hips
Another guy's choice: one legged squats
One of the women's choice: 45 secs each leg hop on one leg side to side
Another guy: lunge side to side
Long leg's choice: 45 sec each leg,back lunge to knee pull
Another guy: plank up and down
Last move: on elbows and knees kick leg up behind

Cool down

Best yelled saying yet! He keeps talking about how the body is a house. and then while they were doing a glute exercise, he says "you want the best house, you got to have a fancy door at the back."
ShihTzuPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 01:26 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
http://blog.heidicarlsen.com/2013/06...or-attack.html

I googled "Weider attack details," & the link above (hopefully I did it right) is what I came up with--not many details, but it's something. I clicked on her store, & she is only selling posters of herself, no dvd's--I was hoping there might be more details.

I am still more interested in the Ruthless kit, I guess because it's cheaper, & I already have Tapout XT to satisfy my MMA fitness category. I know I will cave on Ruthless, I just don't know when that will happen.
Thank you for sharing! And they filmed in Chicago? Why was I not invited?

It looks as if you need to hook those cables to a door, which is an automatic no go for me. I think I will just stick to Ruthless for now. My set is arriving next week.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 02:09 PM  
shoegoddess

Well I just ordered the Ruthless kit. It's ready for pickup at my store today but hubby is home and no way I'm telling him I bought more workout DVDs
I'll pick it up tomorrow
But I just wanted to say a big "Thank you very much for enabling me you enablers you."

Also if you use a Discover card and go through the Discover website link for retailers you get 5% back. It's only a dollar but that's one more $ for DVDs

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 04:03 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I went ahead & ordered the Ruthless kit today also. Mine won't be ready for pickup until 10/30, though. I guess I do have enough to keep me busy until then--the new Cathe's, & about a billion virgins. I gotta get busy on that stack!

Anyway, these sound really good to me. I'm a sucker for exciting titles!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 04:15 PM  
shoegoddess

I got a text from Walmart saying they cancelled my order because they couldn't fulfill it as it was not in store right now. BUT they did automatically reorder and it should be in store for pickup in 3-6 days.
Oh and I had to pay 1.67 for state tax. Thank you Jerry Brown

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 05:51 PM  
katchaser1

Darn videocy hit me again.... I have sooo many virgins and just rejoined a gym. I couldn't even find a video link to the dvds... this is just crazy!! And the thing is, is that I will like one of the dvds and do it over and over again without ever looking at the other ones. I must have done the 1st RKS disc with just the swings at least 80 times but only touched the 2nd dvd once and none of the others. With Cathe's I have her new ones that are still in shrink wrap but what do I reach for- slow n heavy disc which is at least 10 years old. Same thing with fusion fitness. I have never been able to do a rotation ever. I will use one dvd until I can't look at it again and then I'll find another one and the cycle begins. I guess I like to know what to expect with my workouts but gosh I have too many virgins!!!
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 06:25 PM  
horusosiris

I did Ruthless Fast/Slow Circuit Today. This was a fast and somewhat easy 20 minutes. He loves to talk! His talking may give Dasha a run for her money. I laughed when he say that "if you want to do all twenty workouts in one day, give me a call you need help."

I also did Ruthless Ringside and it was a decent 20 minute boxing combo workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShihTzuPup View Post
My 7-year old after watching a few seconds: "I don't think this is really you, Mom." She knows I modify the heck out of burpees and mountain climbers until they look like completely different exercises.

Warmup
1min fast snowballer (squat jump 180)
1 min slow snowballer
Jog
30 sec fast repeater knee one side, 30 sec other side
30 sec slow repeater knee one side, 30 sec other side
Bounce side to side
1 min fast mountain climber
1 min slow mountain climber
Jog
1 min fast burpees
1 min slow burpees
Jog
1 min fast push-up
1 min slow push up
Bounce side to side
1 min fast jump lunge
1 min slow jump lunge

Cool down

More of his yelled gems:
You're going to be rock star when were done with you.
Wake up legs - we're coming for you.
If you want to do all the workouts in one day, give me a call, you need help.
Mountain climber they hurt but they make us fabulous, they make us a machine.
What do we love? We love burpees.
Smash your comfort zone, people!
Are you guys still my friends? Please?
Gentlemen if you drop to your knees I'm not going to think you're a weak loser.
It's you against you.
How about you, sweetheart, are we still talking?
Do we still love Steve? Do we?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-13, 10:12 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShihTzuPup
Best yelled saying yet! He keeps talking about how the body is a house. and then while they were doing a glute exercise, he says "you want the best house, you got to have a fancy door at the back."
LOL!!
Old 10-14-13, 10:16 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
http://blog.heidicarlsen.com/2013/06...or-attack.html

I googled "Weider attack details," & the link above (hopefully I did it right) is what I came up with--not many details, but it's something. I clicked on her store, & she is only selling posters of herself, no dvd's--I was hoping there might be more details.

I am still more interested in the Ruthless kit, I guess because it's cheaper, & I already have Tapout XT to satisfy my MMA fitness category. I know I will cave on Ruthless, I just don't know when that will happen.
Thanks for this. I'm trying to figure out how I would use it since my door is on the same side as my TV. I guess I can attach the tubing (or whatever it is) to my treadmill or heavy duty rack. I'm just a sucker for something that combines MMA with sculpting.
Old 10-14-13, 10:53 AM  
fagiles

Attack

Okay, I purchased Attack last night and right now I plan to return. I was correct, the box does show 2 dvds w/4 workout. However Walmart site indicates 12 dvds, a mesh belt with clips and 4 bungee cords. It's 2 dvds w/4 workouts, 2 ankle straps, 2 bungee cords, poster, meal plan, and a very flimsy door strap which is too small underneath my door. However the instructions do state that it can be placed on the side of the door.

Workouts are approx 30 min including wu/cd with 3 participants. Music is instrumental but nothing very high energy. I will try one workout just because, but at this point I am not very interested enough to use them on a regular basis. I guess it's still not a bad purchase for $39 but just not for me. You may also subsitute your addtl clipped cords such as Bodylastics if more strength is desired. I just think my $39 would be better spent on something else.

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ruthless, shaun t, steve uria, vidiocity, walmart, weider