Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-24, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Cardio today after a full body weight workout yesterday. I did Christa DiPaolo's 30 Minute Sweat Box Express. I love the combo of kickboxing rounds mixed with kettlebell moves. At least I like it how Christa does it. I HATED Kettlebell Kickboxing and gave it away on share the wealth. This workout is short, so I added on 2 rounds of a different Christa workout and I'm feeling quite worked.

buffmama- I've been thinking I should do some mobility moves at night before bed to help relax and help with muscle soreness.
Old 03-20-24, 07:55 AM  
buffmama

Full Body Power 4 - TGUs, jump squats and lunges, snatches, push ups
Old 03-20-24, 05:42 PM  
wendug

Chris & Edi- Day 35- 40 Min. Dumbbell Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps + Cardio. This is a great basic music builder workout. I even did the cardio as written with no substitutions. I did add on some lateral raise pulses with a resistance band at the end to really burn out the shoulders. I managed only 5 decline pushups, but my chest was pretty fried from all the chest presses.
Old 03-21-24, 07:02 AM  
kat_b

My latest YouTube theme is "March into Fitness" so I'm working on that. Today was an Indoor Walk with Light Weights.

Walk is a misnomer. This is mainly compound movements with light weights with quick march-in-place intervals (a.k.a. 4-limb). My shoulders were done by the end (most all of the movements target them). I like that she does long hold leg stretches at the end, but none targeted the shoulders.

Sigh. My problem with VF has returned now that I'm back over here again: I bought some Cathe DVDs as well as her pre-sale set (I hadn't bought any since her cross-train series) and will likely do some of them next week (this from a person who has sworn to her SO she will reduce her DVD selection and use rips and online workouts...). Vidiot.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 08:02 AM  
buffmama

Justina Single Leg Strength
Old 03-22-24, 05:46 AM  
Erica H.

Testing - haven't been able to post here but can on general discussion.

ETA - it worked! Will try and post later what I tried posting yesterday. Weird!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 05:48 AM  
Erica H.

Kat - Thanks for posting the walking workout. Looks like something I would enjoy. I already had it saved, but must have done it a long time ago.

I never buy workouts anymore because there are so many great ones on youtube!

I unsubscribed from Maxx Stewart's channel yesterday. I didn't realize that he targets a lot of his workouts to men. I've never done any of his workouts anyway because something about him always rubbed me the wrong way and now seeing how his "hard" workouts are made for men pushed me to unsubscribe.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 07:47 AM  
buffmama

Shoulder workout today followed by Jasper's new 6 min neck, back, shoulder mobility
Old 03-22-24, 05:38 PM  
wendug

And now for something completely different- Juiliette Wooten- 60 Min. Yoga HIIT + Abs. Juliette released this today and after previewing a bit of it I decided to give it a go. It definitely got my heart rate up and I could do most of the moves (except the boat pose to single leg squat- Oh my!) If I had been introduced to yoga like this rather than woo -woo mystical move very slowly and breeeeaaatttthhhheeeeee, I most likely would have done it more often. Love the mix of flexibility, balance, mobility while moving at a steady pace.

Kat- I had not seen that Penny walking workout. Another great thing about YT workouts, so many options for walking workouts other than Leslie and Jenny Ford. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but it is good to have options!

Erica- It's weird you weren't able to post here. Glad it is working for you again. I don't know who Maxx Stewart is, but why are instructors targeting one sex over the other? We've come a long way from "workouts for women" of the 1980s. Exercise is exercise.
Old 03-23-24, 08:31 AM  
buffmama

Lower Body Power + Core with Justina
Foot + Ankle Mobility for Runners with Julia Reppel - another good one