Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-24, 05:05 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…I’m so sorry. ((Hugs)). Winston was actually on them to slow down healing when he had emergency surgery to prevent build-up of scar tissue. Then again for inflammation. I can imagine it would be different reactions to such powerful meds. I wish you didn’t have to experience the negative side.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 08:15 AM  
ChelePA

Vintage Friday since we missed Wednesday

CTX Power Circuit. Really like this workout, except the high impact floor aerobics. I struggle with some of these moves since the accident. So it’s not that I don’t enjoy it, it’s just more frustrating to me. Nice combo of strength and cardio exercises in this one. I wish she would do more kickboxing step routines. Cataddict… you might not be a fan of this. Haha. And I got to use my barbell again. Two times in one week Finished with 20 minutes of yin yoga. She went into the snail position or whatever you call it with your legs behind your head for two minutes. Mine may have not looked like a snail. It wasn’t pretty, but I did it.

We are expecting 4 to 8 inches of snow this weekend. My dogs will love it. Me not so much. Anyone else getting the storm?
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 01:33 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Friday!!! Oops I kind of forgot about Vintage Cathe stuff. I'm so hooked on Caroline's heavy lifting at the moment.

ChelePA: I'm not new to step but don't like crazy choreography. I will try more of Chris'.

cataddict: I don't mind Chris' hiit/tabata but was not in the mood for it I guess.

manleym: I really like Chris' kickboxing workouts though! Fun!
I've got that dance workout on my list too. Was the choreo very hard?

kittybug: Aldi's is a fun store. I think based in Germany? I find lots of good German stuff there.

Hoping for NO SNOW here but I think we'll get a little, like an inch. I am SOOOOO over snow this year. I don't want any.

Today I did Cathe's newest Live 476 - another Strong & Fit, this time Biceps and Triceps. So good and lots of variety. Moderate to heavy. I used 8s for warmup up to 12-15s. Like working on the ball and even a bit with the loop. Fun and it was a good upper body day!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 04:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Ugh! I had a perfectly eloquent post and Mr. 500 wouldn’t let me post it!

This is a test!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 04:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Sooo here we try, try again…

WWW, we are on the same wavelength—I think I mentioned yesterday that I was going to do Cathe Live #476 and I did do it. I enjoyed the workout—nice variety and I wasn’t scrambling too much to change equipment.

Shortening this up, in the hopes that it will post!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 01-05-24, 04:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

and that seemed to work, so prepare for multiple Moby Lites!

Yesterday was #476 I realized when it was done that I hadn’t even broken a sweat despite going heavier than Cathe. I think my workout room is pretty cold so that’s a part of it—not that I’m some kind of IronWoman or even close to a WWW.

Old 01-05-24, 05:12 PM  
manleym

Going to make this brief, cuz you know why....

ChelePA, no snow here but rain. Hope it's not too bad. Have you seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5mSfDugRo

Kate, I did not think the choreography in the dance workout was hard. Justin cues on the move and he's different than Chris, but I didn't think it was hard to learn. I also do Chris's kickboxing and like them.

Cataddict, I'm going to look for those ponytail holders when I go to Aldi tomorrow! Well, the day came today when I pinched my pointer finger when taking off one of the July Body weight washers, and IT HURT!! I think I jinxed myself because I've been waiting for that to happen and it did. So now I have a nice, purple bruise on the first section of my pointer finger. Be careful and hope you don't pinch your finger!

KBug, my shoulders and hamstrings were sore this morning from "death by chaturanga" LOL!

For Ken Burns fans, he has a new documentary on PBS Passport called "The U.S. And The Holocaust" Hubby and I are going to check it out this weekend. Might be really hard to watch.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 05:13 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

CD 60 Minute Full Body Workout With Weights (good total body, but Chris was too giggly for me today; Nastia was with her) + 5 Parks Deep Stretch for Athletes Yoga Class (GREAT stretch!)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 07:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I haven’t been able to post here at all! Grrr!

Old 01-06-24, 11:53 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

Yesterday was PBOD Barre Burn it Total Body, another half-hour filmed right in front of the gorgeous crashing ocean. So I've been modifying any time Tracey does little jumps (which has been mentally hard for me but then I think about knee pain and it gets way easier, hah!) but yesterday thought I'd try them since there were just a few. I was very careful, and all was well.

But I don't think that means I'm ready for much more yet. Baby steps. Anyway, that was followed by TA Precision Toning. And I discovered something new about my form during her floor work which made me feel it more, but I think it's because I've actually gotten stronger which allowed me to get there, if that makes sense. Ouch!!

UG, my husband has a terrible creeping crud and I'm wondering when I'll start feeling symptoms. No fun, worst timing because my down time with work is OVER. Doesn't it always work that way??

Manleym, please update on that documentary when you can. Sounds very interesting and I always watch stuff like that (and then kinda regret it)! I recently finished A Small Light which just broke my heart yet was also incredibly interesting and inspiring in a way.

FN2, sorry about Mr. 500! Forum seems a tad better today for me (until I go to post, I'm sure).

Kate, I'm so against snow this year too, just completely OVER it, don't want to live anywhere where it snows or is cold anymore, ack!

Chele, did you get/are you getting snow? Sorry! Bet Winston is happy though!!

Chore Max on tap for today. Pfffffft. Waves all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in