Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-11, 09:04 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Rockin' Body - Where is the music?

So, I finally caved and ordered Rockin' Body, and it arrived today. I've previewed a couple of the cardio workouts, including Shaun's Dance Party.....and I'm not hearing any of this fabulous music everyone always raves about. I'm hearing a techno beat and that's all! What gives?

Deep into one of the workouts, I caught the strains of Celebration WAAAY in the background, but that was all.

Am I missing something?

I think I'll enjoy these workouts because they look like just the type of choreography I've been looking for, but I was really hoping to be rocking to some great music (I go the impression there were at least one or two well known songs per workout, even if they were covers).

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 04:44 AM  
BurnRN

Did you choose the option to turn music up? I think that option pops up right after you choose the workout.
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 06:46 AM  
goldillocks

Rockin' Body - Where is the music?

My thought exactly
There was a recent thread comparing Rockin Body and Zumba and I think I was the only one who seemed to prefer the Zumba music
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 07:25 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldillocks View Post
My thought exactly
There was a recent thread comparing Rockin Body and Zumba and I think I was the only one who seemed to prefer the Zumba music
I missed that thread. I bought Rockin' Body but so far I haven't gotten past the extreme cheese factor. I guess I'm just not a big Shaun T fan. I didn't hear amazing music either.
I never bought Zumba Transformation because I didn't want to distill my love for the live classes with the (potentially cheesy) DVDs, but I *am* getting Exhilaration -- the reviews are too good!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 07:53 AM  
carres1973

Uh-oh! I also ordered Rockin' Body (just the one DVD) and was excited for some great music. Guess I should temper my excitement!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 09:40 AM  
ardnas

There is generic techno/dance/disco music in between songs. Off the top of my head some songs are: Eye of the Tiger, Celebration, Push It, I'm Coming Out, Play That Funky Music, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough. I always use the play the music louder option.
Old 04-14-11, 12:18 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
There is generic techno/dance/disco music in between songs. Off the top of my head some songs are: Eye of the Tiger, Celebration, Push It, I'm Coming Out, Play That Funky Music, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough. I always use the play the music louder option.
I'm pretty sure I know Eye of the Tiger is in Rock It Out (or whatever the toning workout is). And I sort of heard Celebration in Dance Party.

Do you know which workout Play That Funky Music is in?

I did not choose the music louder option, do you need to have that on to hear the songs? I could hear music the whole time, just not any actual songs.

Is it possible they've stripped all the music out of them for some reason? Or did I just manage to miss the songs? I WAS chaptering through, so maybe I was only getting the intro of new moves and not the ends of chapters when they were maybe putting it all together and dancing to a song?

So, this is turning out to be one of the worst cases of false advertising I've seen in a workout.

(I STILL think I'll like the workouts and I don't mind a high cheese factor....I was just hoping for great music, too)

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Old 04-14-11, 12:59 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
I'm pretty sure I know Eye of the Tiger is in Rock It Out (or whatever the toning workout is). And I sort of heard Celebration in Dance Party.

Do you know which workout Play That Funky Music is in?

I did not choose the music louder option, do you need to have that on to hear the songs? I could hear music the whole time, just not any actual songs.

Is it possible they've stripped all the music out of them for some reason? Or did I just manage to miss the songs? I WAS chaptering through, so maybe I was only getting the intro of new moves and not the ends of chapters when they were maybe putting it all together and dancing to a song?

So, this is turning out to be one of the worst cases of false advertising I've seen in a workout.

(I STILL think I'll like the workouts and I don't mind a high cheese factor....I was just hoping for great music, too)
I think Play That Funky Music is in the disco one. I wonder if you have a faulty dvd? I love the music in Rockin Body and I don't think I've ever used the play the music louder option.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 01:52 PM  
in paris

Sassy,

The cheese factor is part of the reason I love Shaun T -- he cracks me up!

The music really is better than most, not that that's saying all that much... I actually kind of prefer his Hip Hop Abs. It's not quite so cheesy, works my trouble zone, and the moves are easier to do in a small space -- still, you can put your all into it and I tend to sweat more using it... Go figure

If you're looking into good music, you might want to check out Cardioke. Here are clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1CSeNlRA4 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5y55VNSJdw It's been on my wish list but I keep on forgetting to order it when I'm in the States... Definite cheese factor here too, but it's got great music and looks like a hoot.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 02:00 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Hee! I've seen that Cardioke one before and think it looks like a blast - cute concept for a video.

It seems impossible that I'd get a DVD that was faulty in terms of not having the songs on it, but having all other audio working fine.....

So, I'll assume I just managed to pass over what there was while I was skimming and see what I think after I've done a couple of them (tomorrow morning!)

I really AM looking forward to them - the choreography looks like just what I've been searching for, and I think Shaun T is cute as hell (and pretty to look at)

Tags
rockin body, rockin' body