Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-21, 08:31 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - I also use a variety of weights. Use the same poundage for my legs and upper body - no thank you. And enjoy those rest days - you are earning them! I take them and will be adding less cardio to EPIC II since it's already programmed in.
Old 04-08-21, 07:58 AM  
Helen

Thu., 8th Apr.
22min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 18 Love
33min, Shaun Thompson - Insanity Max 30 - Tabata Power, with buddy
Pushup, Incline, Hands on 4th step, to failure (x33)
Pullup, Assisted:Self, Hanging:From bar, Legs bent, to failure (x7)
Plank, High:On inverted Bosu (= Hover, Bridge, Static Pushup), using Stealth App Game on phone, to failure (1 min)
40min, Recumbent - inbuilt programme 1
80min dog walk, her choice of direction

All the talk of Epic Heat had me looking up what it was.
Kind of want to play as well, but have SO many virgin workouts, I know I won't.
Vicariously will have to do.
ETA Couldn't resist - looked at the BEGINNER (hah!) Epic- only 5 workouts in it. I'm on holidays.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 04:57 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
All the talk of Epic Heat had me looking up what it was.
Kind of want to play as well, but have SO many virgin workouts, I know I won't.
Vicariously will have to do.
ETA Couldn't resist - looked at the BEGINNER (hah!) Epic- only 5 workouts in it. I'm on holidays.
I started with Beginner EPIC; I did the 5 classes twice for 10 days. They are no joke.

I really enjoy the vibe of her classes. Preview window, no talking, decent music.

Sandy O
Old 04-08-21, 07:03 PM  
Helen

Oh thanks Sandy! That's really encouraging.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 07:16 AM  
buffmama

Liked the 2 Jessica workouts I did today. Also seems as if EPIC II is harder than the original. It's all in the sequencing and time under tension. I also seem to have more definition than I did with most of my other rotations. And I'm definitely eating more.
Old 04-09-21, 08:11 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Liked the 2 Jessica workouts I did today. Also seems as if EPIC II is harder than the original. It's all in the sequencing and time under tension. I also seem to have more definition than I did with most of my other rotations. And I'm definitely eating more.
I did those Jessica's in December, and they both got great bookmark comments from me.

I read the facebook comments about today's HEAT, and it sounds pretty scary. I'll do my best!
Old 04-09-21, 09:21 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I did those Jessica's in December, and they both got great bookmark comments from me.

I read the facebook comments about today's HEAT, and it sounds pretty scary. I'll do my best!
I haven't joined the Facebook group. Should I? What are your thoughts?
Old 04-09-21, 06:31 PM  
Vantreesta

We had about a week of 70s and even got to at least 84 one day but back in the 50s for a while and it has been rainy this week. I've been dealing with foot pain at the base of the fifth metatarsal. I'm hoping I haven't let it go too long and caused any damage. I'm pretty sure it's an issue of mechanics and shoes. In the fall I put off getting new walking shoes and then forgot about needing new ones until I walked a week or two rotating old ones and my feet started hurting. I bought a new pair this week. The pain is mostly just my right foot, which is also the one that has had tarsal tunnel syndrome and the worse of the two for plantar fasciitis in the past. I'll get arch support insoles for my new shoes and start doing Jill Miller's foot exercises to strengthen my feet after not walking barefoot all winter. I have a chiro appt this week and will talk to him about it. He has adjusted that ankle for me each year when I start running outside again. This is the first year it hasn't felt jammed resuming street running and I wonder if the jumping rope helped that.

I don't remember when i lasted posted workouts. There have been too many light and rest days. Last wknd we played D&D on Saturday and on Sunday I helped those same friends with moving, even though it was Easter. Monday I know I ran and did my Caroline Jordan and Helen Clare warmup and cooldown, and I think I did Kassandra's yoga. Tuesday I think I just did Kassandra's AM and PM yoga challenges. Wednesday I went to my friend's for lunch and we sat and gabbed for three hours and then I had grief group so no workouts at all that day. Yesterday I did glute activation, SUAT workout 5, Triple Threat Running upper body (a virgin that didn't super impress me but my chest and shoulders are sore today) and Kassandra's AM yoga and day 25 of Lesley Fightmaster beginner's challenge. Today I did Kassandra's AM yoga and then got groceries. I don't know how the days go by so fast. The only tri training I have done this week was the run.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 07:28 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I haven't joined the Facebook group. Should I? What are your thoughts?
I just did to see comments about the workouts and whatever else people might post that's interesting. It's reasonably active.

You don't need it, but I joined Kassandra's years ago, Lauren B's, Robyn L's, Caroline J's, so I figured why not Caroline G's.
Old 04-13-21, 07:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Just saying hello. I knew this week would be a tough one but I just don't feel like chatting. Yesterday was my parents' anniversary, today is a year since my mom went into the hospital and tmrw is a year that she's been gone. I feel so guilty that I'm at home instead of with my dad for this.

Sunday I made myself do a 30 minute Leslie. Yesterday I did Kassandra's AM yoga day 6, Jill's feet & ankles 10 min quick fix, Caroline's HHT exercises, Helen's piriformis exercises, ran 1.2 mi in the cold wind (it was a compromise btwn doing the planned 10k session and nothing) and finished with Helen's post-run routine. Sounds like a lot but each thing was under 15 min.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote