Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-05, 04:50 PM  
kats

Mostly lurker too . I'm fairly active on the exchange though. I've gotten so many good trades recently (thanks everyone ).

This board has helped me try new things. I had never done weights before. I started this year (high rep/low weights) and I'm progressing fairly well. I'm now trying more hi-lo aerobics and I love it. I'm getting better at choreography . I would like to try step, but I don't have one and I'm afraid for my knees (they're not that great due to RA).

Besides that, I love yoga, power yoga (mostly Baron Baptiste and Eoin Finn), I like Tae Bo, I'm not a big fan of YBB .

Nice to know I'm not the only lurker here!

kats
kats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 05:09 PM  
ooty

Thumbs up welcome lurkers..great job Krista!

I lurked for a year and then a few posts here and there and now I wish I could lurk back again. I just can't seem to stop posting....

What a wonderful place VF is...I love it for everything: honesty, friendship, motivation, enthusiasm, burning a hole in the pocket habit , devotion, generousity, pick-me-upper, stress-reliever, ...I have learned a lot of good life lessons here besides just how to improve oneself physically. Most part, my posts are goofy or cardiocoach-related, because I love love Cardiocoach workouts. But I have just peeked into the magic Yoga world, don't know much, but love to hear the Yoginis talk. My first love is Step and love Keli Roberts..Ultimate Step. I am determined to make Jari love my next love...still have to buy it...big time strength training wimp here... Still too chicken to try Cathe.
You girls are taking up so much of my time...but I would not want it any other way...

xoxoxxoo,
Ooty

PS DH thinks I am crazy, but says I should do what makes me happy. I cannot get him to try Cardiocoach...or for that matter some form of regular exercise ...well, working on it..I don't give up easy...
Old 05-18-05, 05:22 PM  
Lynne Meade
VF Supporter

Hi Everyone,

I too mostly lurk,post once in a great while but have always been active on the exchange.I've been a home exerciser for about 20 years starting with the old $49.99 Firm workouts.When I got my first computer back in 1998 or so and happened upon VF I couldn't believe there were others like me I visit VF several times a day to see what's up and even though I don't often have much to say/post I think of this place as home and feel like I know you guys. I definitley trust you all and hold the opinions of VFers above all others when it comes to exercise videos.I 've learned ALOT on this board (sometimes too much,LOL-it can make your head spin) so I'll take this opportunity to say Thanks to everyone
Lynne
Lynne Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 05:39 PM  
Happykatie
VF Supporter

Hey Y'all!

I'm a pretty active lurker, too (Very few posts to my name.) I really enjoy reading up on all the new workouts coming up, and buy lots of them (but don't do them ). Right now I'm spending most of my time on my treadmill watching Sex and the City DVD's. I'm on season 3. I also like pilates and yoga. I'm loving the Supreme pilates.

I've got to figure out a way to get pics of my dogs over to the pet avatar thread. Y'all would love my babies!

Jenny
Happykatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 05:47 PM  
MelanieJ

Hi everyone!!

I lurk all the time. I think I've posted twice. I've been visiting this site since 1996 but I don't normally post anything. I don't ever post on any message board for that matter. I guess I am a hardcore lurker.

I just thought I'd say hi. You all seem pretty cool and friendly.

I use Cathe videos mostly but due to raving reviews about P90X I decided to order that. I haven't tried it yet though.

Mel
MelanieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 06:33 PM  
punky3333
VF Supporter

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to all the lurkers! I still haven't figured out what category I'd put myself in. I visit a million times a day, and post from time to time, so I guess I'm somewhere in between.

I've been working out steadily for about 3 years now, in part thanks to one of the members here who introduced me to this place and the world of other exercise videos besides the Firm.

I am a huge collecter and am totally enjoying myself!
punky3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 06:50 PM  
rosaelia99

I post occasionally. I usually lurk -- everyday, sometimes all day! -- for information on new videos. I am a vidiot I am easily enabled to buy more videos and gadgets, much to the dismay of my husband I love coming here and I can't remember when I joined but I have been here at least a year.
rosaelia99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 07:01 PM  
KathAL79

Hi, lurkers! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Keep them coming!
Hmm, I don't think I qualify as a lurker, since I post fairly frequently, mostly on my check-in, but I don't start many threads.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 07:11 PM  
Helen

Great fishing Krista!!

She's right, as a relative newbie (April 05) I haven't been bitten yet, only nibbled at the edges - no scars though!

So far... WELCOME!! to:
aedinger cecilia Happykatie jspinner kats kristi lenamz leopard Lynne Meade MelanieJ PLS QueenCici rcbold sdeborah susand tkoran whitehat

I'm a list maker! - an abcedarian one too But you're on it now, so I'll be watching for you all!!!
(maniacal laughter)

PS I'm sooo glad tkoran posted recently - she's whom I've purchased my first Cathe's from (and generously added a few SASE's!)- everybody should know by now I'm excited about THAT!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 08:56 PM  
shevia

thanks for the invitation!

I also have been lurking for a long time - I enjoy reading the boards while nursing my twin daughters ! My latest reason to thank VF is definitely cardiocoach. I had avoided most cardio figuring I walk enough, but cardiocoach has given me a reason to get on the elliptical machine a few times a week and it has done worlds for my mood among other things! I have done vol. 2 about 5 times and maybe will break out vol. 4 today. This board is great!
shevia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introductions