Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-05, 07:02 PM  
Barb L
VF Supporter

Talking Now I want blue balls!

I finally decided to go ahead and buy that Leslie Walk Away the Pounds Double DVD at Target today. A little variety never hurts, and I like the colorful outfits.

And aren't those weighted balls cute?? The 2 lb. handweights I already own are perfectly fine for this workout. But there's something about those balls that just looks...well, fun.

Next time I see those things on sale somewhere, I'll probably cave. Then I'll wonder where to store them. Or find some interesting alternative uses for them.

Another day in the life of a vidiot.
Old 03-05-05, 07:36 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

BARB!
I just sipt the last of my Mt Dew oll over my keyboard!!!
NoraKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 08:40 PM  
knitter_mom

VF really, truly, and honestly needs a "Corner" where we can go when we either post naughty thread titles or jump to the wrong conclusion when reading a thread title (I belong in the corner for snickering at the "Is 10 inches unsafe?"). We can stock it with chocolate and bubbly so it won't be _too_ much of a punishment!

Want to join me, Barb?

Kris
knitter_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 08:42 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Little blue balls??????????????

OMG, Barb, I can so relate! You want little blue balls and I want Karen's green genie balls...they are green aren't they???? I need to check again. And maybe go ahead and get them. They'd be great with the TLP's...I could hang on to one better than my purple, 4# medicine ball. Come to think of it I already have the little blue balls!!!! They weigh in at about 1# each I think?????????? Got them with the ramp.....

Kris, you and I posted at the same time...love your idea of that corner...chocolate and bubbly and all the wrong ideas...works for me
Old 03-05-05, 09:24 PM  
sherry7899

Barb,

I found two lb weighted balls that are sand filled at Ross for six dollars. They work great for Leslie workouts.

I don't need the blue leslie balls anymore-if you like, I can see if I can let the water out of them and mail them to you. They'd probably be flat enough to fit in a padded envelope with the water let out of them.

Just pm me if you're interested-
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 10:30 PM  
MelissaA

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitter_mom
(I belong in the corner for snickering at the "Is 10 inches unsafe?")
I am *SO* glad that somebody else snickered at that title. LOL! I didn't post anything, but I sure had some...interesting...answers that I kept to myself.
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 10:38 PM  
lalavanb

I didn't like the balls- they seemed too big and I felt like I had to clench them.

And I snickered too- probably more for this than I did for 10 inches...

-linda
lalavanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 10:46 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Snickering aside, I totally understanding being drawn to certain colors. I want to go with a 55 cm. slow-deflate Theraband ball - but it's in RED!! I don't want red - I want B - L - U - E. Why don't they give us a choice of colors like they do in yoga mats? I could even settle for green, but I really want blue; orange and red border on unacceptable.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 11:00 PM  
chrisjeffnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH
Snickering aside, I totally understanding being drawn to certain colors. I want to go with a 55 cm. slow-deflate Theraband ball - but it's in RED!! I don't want red - I want B - L - U - E. Why don't they give us a choice of colors like they do in yoga mats? I could even settle for green, but I really want blue; orange and red border on unacceptable.
Sharon, that is too funny! I was thinking of ordering a Duraball Pro from Body Trends, I think it was...and the guy thought I was an idiot for wanting to pick the color. They just wnat to send you whatever they have in stock. The conversation went something like this:

"there is no place to indicate on my internet order what color I want...how do I do that?"

"you don't"

"what do you mean I don't?"

"you just get whatever color we send you"

"well what colors do you have?"

"I don't know...it depends on what colors we got from the manufacturer"
*duh!*

"Could you check?"

"I'd have to call the warehouse."

"Ok, Ill hang on"

"well, um...ok...(long pause)...green or blue"
chrisjeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 11:10 PM  
badgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalavanb
I didn't like the balls- they seemed too big and I felt like I had to clench them.
*This* made me giggle.
badgoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
green genies, watp, weighted balls