Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-02, 04:11 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

My favorite Leslies

I started with Leslie's older 2 Mile Walk and Miracle Mile and really liked them. I still do them sometime, although I never use the toning section of Miracle Mile. I really do not like her 4 mile Weight Loss Walk. It's hard to ff to the cool down if you're doing part, has too many side moves of the kind that that bother my ankles, and I found the set up a bit too cute. I recently saw a three pack of these tapes in the new covers at Borders.

My current favorites are Three Mile Power Walk and 1-2-3 Mile Super Fat Burner. Super Fat Burner is set in Leslie's real living room which is bright and roomy. Mary Kay teaches section two. This uses the tubing belt in the last section but I either use no weight or sub light dumbbells even though I have the belt. Super Fat Burner is the most advanced Leslie tape I've found. It's the only one that really might be called intermediate though the first section is still very much beginner. I got it from Collage.

The names of Leslie's tapes are all too similar. And now the old distributor has reissued some with slight name changes.

Edit: I found the set of three WAP tapes w/o the balls at Suncoast for $25. I like the 3 mile one combined with Tamilee's I Want Those Arms.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 04:29 PM  
Cindy L
VF Supporter

Smile Favorite Leslie Tape

My favorite Leslie tape would have to be her WalkAerobics 2 Mile Walk. This is one of the tapes that Leslie listed on her website as being repackaged with a new cover. I wish she would come out with a three mile version using the same moves. I also like her WAP series with the balls.
Cindy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 05:18 PM  
vron30075
VF Supporter

Ya'll aren't gonna believe this....

I just went to the website and found out that the new videos I got are actually the old, repackaged videos. :O(
Boy am I bummed!!!
vron30075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 10:34 PM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

Weight Loss Walk

Weight Loss Walk is my favorite, because the set and presentation have a lot of visual complexity. My impression is that the newer tapes are done with a plain set, uniform-looking people and no other visual gimmicks.

When the workout is that plain, you need a little bit of eye candy.

Oh, the Three Mile Fat Burner has the same look as weight loss walk. However, for that tape you're supposed to use the walk and tone belt.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 10:56 PM  
planimal
VF Supporter

The 40 Plus workout has a plain set too--black and white with a few touches of red (I checked it out of the library out of curiosity. The moves looked a lot like the ones in 2 Mile Walk.)

The 2-Mile Walk has a very pleasant set--one of the reasons I still use it.

Sorry about your disappointment, vron.

--Planimal
planimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 11:50 PM  
ncmom

question about leslie tapes

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I went to Leslies web site and she has package 3 as walk away stress, walk strong, yoga walk and when I went to collage and they have a variety pack with walk jog, walk kick and walk yoga. My question is are the yoga walk from her site and walk yoga college the same tapes. I went back to both sites to make sure I had it right and I did. If someone could help me I would appreicate it.
Old 03-22-02, 10:08 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hi ncmom

Yes, they are the same videos.

Karen, the two tapes that you mentioned are my favorites, too. Weightloss Walk comes in third.

I also like her new ab tapes, but I sure wish Leslie would have used SP mode. My VCR just doesn't playback EP well.

Has anyone else noticed that Leslie's newer tapes are quite a bit easier than her older tapes? I would like to see Leslie film some harder tapes and a bit harder kickboxing tape. Leslie did a great job with her new walk/kickboxing tape.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-02, 05:35 PM  
vron30075
VF Supporter

Re: 4 mile walk

Quote:
Originally posted by SweatyGirl
I haven't tried any of the WAP series but I like the 4 mile walk (the one in a living room setting and the weather changes)--it's long and easy-going, but Leslie Sansone always puts me in a good mood.
Which 4 mile walk is this? I noticed that there were two 4-mile walks at the store. Is it the Weight Loss one? Thanks!
vron30075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-02, 01:51 PM  
mckay

HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE TAPE '' WALKERSIZE''

I REALLY LIKE LESLIES WALK IT OFF, BUT JUST WANT SOMETHING NEW AND STILL SIMILIAR. TO THE WALKING WORKOUT CONCEPT. I THINK IT IS GREAT, BUT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE OUTSIDE.
mckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-02, 02:11 PM  
shannonb

I like a couple of Leslies videos. The WAP series 3 mile tape and Walk Strong are two of my favorites. The cover of Walk Strong indicates that it is only a 1 mile walk, but at the end of the tape Leslie says it is two (and I would agree!). Walk Strong gets my heart rate up better than any of her other tapes. It is an interval workout with 3 minutes walking and 1 minute of weight work alternated through the video. Although she is frequently off with the music (it picks up to the fast walking pace in the middle of the weight work a couple times and Leslie reminds you to stay slow) it is a good tape. I got Yoga Walk in the same package with Walk Strong and it is just a 1 mile walk with some yoga based stretching at the end. Nothing really intense.
shannonb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evening mile, muscle mile one