Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-02, 11:38 AM  
twinkletoes

Re: Let's try to sort out the packages

Quote:
Originally posted by peggy h
(lesliesansone.com and walkaerobics.com are the same site, BTW)

There's the original WAP, which is sold as a set with the weighted balls and are now offered individually (with different covers) in Target.

There's WAP for abs, sold as a set with the toning belt, presumably the same package in Collage and in her website, though the picture on her 2-mile box in Collage looks like the one in her 3-mile box on the website and vice-versa.

Collage has WAP Plus which includes: an aerobic tape, "Power Mile" with "aero/tone" using balls, and a 10-minute all-toning tape.

Collage also has WAP Variety Pack with: Walk Jog, Walk Yoga, Walk Kick.

Leslie's site has WAP for abs, Basic package. And a WAP for abs Bonus package with two tapes (diff covers from the ones in the basic package.)

She also has WAP Package one, with Muscle Mile one, Walk and Kick, Walk and Jog.

Package two has Heart Healthy Walk and Walk with Me.

Package three has Walk Away your Stress, Walk Strong and Yoga Walk.

Package four has Morning Mile plus Abs and Evening Mile plus legs.

So........I guess the WAP for abs is the same in Collage and Leslie's site, despite the different covers for miles 2 and 3. The Variety Pack is a mixture of Leslie's Package one and three. But I can't tell if WAP Plus offered by Collage is made up of any of the other sets Leslie offers.

Guess I'm still confused.....!

Sounds like something from Three's Company (Chrissy Snow). How confusing!!!
twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 12:00 PM  
Laura in CT
VF Supporter

Question Leslie Sansone question

Can I ask a question? I hear such good things about these tapes, but how challenging are they?

I'm maybe low intermediate when it comes to cardio. I can do Kathy Smith step on a low step and get a good workout; same with Gilad Step on the Beach (with a 6-inch step, I'm dying by the end!). Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough is challenging.

I don't like complicated choreography at all, which is why Leslie sounds like a good match. I don't mind some high impact.

Will Leslie get my heart rate up? Any particular tapes you could suggest?
Old 03-21-02, 12:13 PM  
vron30075
VF Supporter

Media Play has a bunch of her videos for only $9.99. After hearing all the great reviews here, I had to pick up a few. You guys really are helping me spend my money!! :O)
vron30075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 01:23 PM  
Lynne11

Re: Leslie Sansone question

Quote:
Originally posted by Laura in CT
Can I ask a question? I hear such good things about these tapes, but how challenging are they?

I'm maybe low intermediate when it comes to cardio. I can do Kathy Smith step on a low step and get a good workout; same with Gilad Step on the Beach (with a 6-inch step, I'm dying by the end!). Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough is challenging.

I don't like complicated choreography at all, which is why Leslie sounds like a good match. I don't mind some high impact.

Will Leslie get my heart rate up? Any particular tapes you could suggest?
Hi Laura. I love Leslie. (Hey! 3 "L" girls in one post!) But IMO, her workouts are geared more towards beginners and those transitioning to intermediate. They are absolutely fantastic for beginners (that's how I started out). Leslie is just so down-to-earth, warm, funny, etc., that you feel really motivated to workout with her. I wish she would make some advanced workouts.

I am still able to get a decent workout from the old Weight Loss Walk tape, but I have to add light weights and lots of extra upper body moves. Also, I frequently run around the room instead of walking in place. But even with those modifications, I couldn't work up a sweat with my other 2 Leslie videos so I sold them, sadly. One of the videos I got rid of was a newer release that was supposedly more challenging but I did not find that to be the case at all. I think it was called 3 Mile Power Walk.

Personally, I think Charlene Prickett is very similar to Leslie's style, but with more intensity. Low Impact/High Intensity is a good, solid intermediate type workout.
Lynne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 01:36 PM  
Laura in CT
VF Supporter

Re: Re: Leslie Sansone question

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynne11

Personally, I think Charlene Prickett is very similar to Leslie's style, but with more intensity. Low Impact/High Intensity is a good, solid intermediate type workout.
Thanks--I have been thinking Charlene might be just the ticket, so you're confirming my suspicions! Wish the video budget were unlimited (don't we all)!
Laura in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 01:51 PM  
Donna Marie

Leslie's Tapes

I, too, am partial to the four mile indoor walk. The weather changing thing is hilarious! I have about four of her "walk" tapes.

I have used her tapes to help me through minor sprains and aches where Cathe would have aggrevated the situation. Leslie's tapes are also excellent to use during hot or humid summer days where one has no air-conditioning.

DM
Old 03-21-02, 02:09 PM  
vron30075
VF Supporter

I'm wondering if using these tapes are just as effective as actual wallking? Does anyone know?
vron30075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 02:37 PM  
DJS
VF Supporter

For me, I think these are more effective than actual walking. There's the combination of a steady pace, arm movements, and slight squatting on some of the moves that really help me to feel the workout. When actually walking, I tend to not keep a steady pace and I don't do arm movements. I feel more like I've worked out after doing Leslie's tapes than I do from actually walking.

Hope this helps.

Doris
DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 03:07 PM  
planimal
VF Supporter

Intensity and Effectiveness

My experience: When I used to walk instead of using videos, I spent more time looking at flowers, playing with dogs, talking to neighbors, waiting for traffic, etc., than walking. I was trying to lose weight, but didn't lose any until I started with videos. The only videos I had were Leslie Sansone's 2-Mile Walk and a few Denise Austin tapes.

I'm more fit now, but I still use the 2-Mile Walk tape; I just do the arm movements all the time instead of waiting for her to add them, and when she takes a break to just march I continue with the movements she was doing just before that. That way it still feels like exercise.

--Planimal
planimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 03:17 PM  
Donna Marie

I Agree with Planimal & Doris

I think the Walk tapes actually expend more energy than walking because of the arm movements incorporated in the routines. There are leg lifts and side kicks as well which pick up the intensity. I also like her manner of encouragement. I use an HRM and these tapes definitely get the heart rate up.

DM

Tags
evening mile, muscle mile one