Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-02, 12:09 AM  
ncmom

Talking favorite Leslie Sansone tape

What is your favorite Leslie Sansone tape?

Mine is walk away the pounds.
Old 03-21-02, 02:59 AM  
SweatyGirl
VF Supporter

4 mile walk

I haven't tried any of the WAP series but I like the 4 mile walk (the one in a living room setting and the weather changes)--it's long and easy-going, but Leslie Sansone always puts me in a good mood.
SweatyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 07:06 AM  
Nancy*

Thumbs up Hard to nail it down

I love soo many of them! I don't do it as much, but i like her Weight Loss Walk since they move around quite a bit. Then There's the Walk Away Pounds for Abs that are a little more high energy then WAP. Right now, I'm sticking to doing jsut the 2 mile walks in the morning since they are half and hour. her new sets add even more variety in a half and hour=2 mile. OK, I'm straying off the subject. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the original WAP but only because she uses the arms more then she uses the toning belt in WAPA.
Nancy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 09:09 AM  
ncmom

watp abs/ walkn tone

I have a question for the people who have walk n tone and walk away the pounds for abs ( which uses the toning belt). which one do you like better? I am trying to decided which one to get.

thanks
Old 03-21-02, 10:19 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

What is Leslie's website? I picked up a Leslie tape at Target and I really like it, but her tapes CONFUSE me so. All the names sound the same and I'm not sure at all what the differences are between them all. I'm sure her website probably has descriptions, right?
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 10:24 AM  
peggy h
VF Supporter

Susan,

Leslie's website is lesliesansone.com (sorry, how does one make a link?) But I tried this and was even more confused. Her "packages" do not seem to be the same as the ones offered in Collage. She also has some two-tape packages that may or may not be the same tapes as the three-tape packages. If someone can sort this all out, I would be very grateful!!

'Course there's also the news that she will be releasing a DVD with some WAP workouts...but which ones?!?!
Old 03-21-02, 10:28 AM  
DJS
VF Supporter

My favorite is WAP 3-mile walk. I tend to walk a mile at least three days a week so the 1-mile walk doesn't do anything for me and I feel like I'm getting going really well and the 2-mile walk is over. I do also like the Power Mile in WAP Plus.

Susan P., Collage has better discriptions of her tapes than her website does IMO.

Doris
DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 10:30 AM  
Messe

Leslie's website

www.walkaerobics.com

But you may still be confused, because the ones at Target have different covers than the original WAP series with the weighted balls. However, they're the same ones. These are the only WAP series videos that can't be purchased directly from Leslie.

The Collage package contains three videos from her two new sets of three. I don't know why they chose to confuse us more by creating yet another set! :rolleyes:

The packages on Leslie's site don't duplicate one another. Also, if you're interested in her older stuff, check out the disclaimer she posted (in the important news/information, maybe?) about an old distributor repackaging her old tapes and remarketing them as if they're new.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-02, 10:57 AM  
peggy h
VF Supporter

Let's try to sort out the packages

(lesliesansone.com and walkaerobics.com are the same site, BTW)

There's the original WAP, which is sold as a set with the weighted balls and are now offered individually (with different covers) in Target.

There's WAP for abs, sold as a set with the toning belt, presumably the same package in Collage and in her website, though the picture on her 2-mile box in Collage looks like the one in her 3-mile box on the website and vice-versa.

Collage has WAP Plus which includes: an aerobic tape, "Power Mile" with "aero/tone" using balls, and a 10-minute all-toning tape.

Collage also has WAP Variety Pack with: Walk Jog, Walk Yoga, Walk Kick.

Leslie's site has WAP for abs, Basic package. And a WAP for abs Bonus package with two tapes (diff covers from the ones in the basic package.)

She also has WAP Package one, with Muscle Mile one, Walk and Kick, Walk and Jog.

Package two has Heart Healthy Walk and Walk with Me.

Package three has Walk Away your Stress, Walk Strong and Yoga Walk.

Package four has Morning Mile plus Abs and Evening Mile plus legs.

So........I guess the WAP for abs is the same in Collage and Leslie's site, despite the different covers for miles 2 and 3. The Variety Pack is a mixture of Leslie's Package one and three. But I can't tell if WAP Plus offered by Collage is made up of any of the other sets Leslie offers.

Guess I'm still confused.....!
Old 03-21-02, 11:07 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Pardon me while my head spins. . . Gosh those tapes are confusing!!

I like the looks of Walk away Stress and Yoga Walk, has anyone done those??
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evening mile, muscle mile one