Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-04, 10:41 PM  
hapiness2005

I purchased some yoga balls at ross for $5.99. They were on clearance. These are 3lb balls.
hapiness2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-04, 09:19 AM  
Joe

If you like red, you can always get Denise Austin's balls. Those are 3 lbs each. Or, if you prefer blue balls, you can get 2 lb'ers from Leslie Sansone's WATP.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-04, 12:11 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzi
If you like red ... Or, if you prefer blue ...
No comment!
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-04, 06:37 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

She's Got Balls!

After reading about all the exercise video bargains at Ross, I lucked out and drove past one today...they had lots of videos BUT they also had a pair of 3lb balls for $10!! The came with a video, too. Gonna check it out later. Don't think it'll get much use, however, becuase it's VHS. But that's ok...because I GOT MY BALLS!!!!

(wish I had gotten the deal that Happiness got...:rolleyes: )
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-04, 06:49 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzi
If you like red, you can always get Denise Austin's balls. Those are 3 lbs each. Or, if you prefer blue balls, you can get 2 lb'ers from Leslie Sansone's WATP.
Billy's (Tae Bo) balls are small and orange...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-04, 10:54 AM  
krazikat
VF Supporter

Will Trade Green Genies

I have a set of the KV green genie balls that I haven't used in ages. I prefer hand weights, although the balls are good for the ab work (knee squeezers as I call them) in her older videos. I'd be willing to trade them for a DVD. If interested, send me a trade list.

Carolyn
Krazikat
cward@htc.net
krazikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-04, 11:54 AM  
getstrong

I got my genie balls at Costco, with yoga mat, 65 cm stability ball, and two Karen Voight DVDs (Streamline Fitness and BLT), all for $24. Regular Costco price is $35, still a good deal. I wanted the stability ball and yoga mat, and considered the other stuff freebies. I don't use the genies very often, although they do work me harder than dumbells of equal weight. What I don't like about them is they are not the same, one is squishy and one is hard, and because of the size, it's hard to hold the one that isn't squishy. I tried adding air to the hard one and it didn't help. They also tend to leak a little sand if you squeeze them in the wrong place. Maybe that's why one is squishy. I use them for those behind the knee things, too -- yes, much more comfortable, and no issues if you drop them. I use them instead of medicine balls, too, even though they are much smaller. So they do have a few uses, but I wouldn't rush out and buy them unless they were a bargain. The WalMart suggestion sounds like a good idea, you could make sure they were matched in squishiness.
getstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-04, 02:15 PM  
etoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstrong
I got my genie balls at Costco, with yoga mat, 65 cm stability ball, and two Karen Voight DVDs (Streamline Fitness and BLT), all for $24. Regular Costco price is $35, still a good deal. I wanted the stability ball and yoga mat, and considered the other stuff freebies. I don't use the genies very often, although they do work me harder than dumbells of equal weight. What I don't like about them is they are not the same, one is squishy and one is hard, and because of the size, it's hard to hold the one that isn't squishy. I tried adding air to the hard one and it didn't help. They also tend to leak a little sand if you squeeze them in the wrong place. Maybe that's why one is squishy. I use them for those behind the knee things, too -- yes, much more comfortable, and no issues if you drop them. I use them instead of medicine balls, too, even though they are much smaller. So they do have a few uses, but I wouldn't rush out and buy them unless they were a bargain. The WalMart suggestion sounds like a good idea, you could make sure they were matched in squishiness.

I bought the Green Genies and I was going to exchange them next week as I thought the squishy one was defective. I guess they're supposed to be that way. I gotta agree that it was a bit awkward holding the squishy one but I'm going to make an effort to use them. I did enjoy using them for the standing leg exercises - it made me more aware of form.
etoile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
green genies