Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls

View Poll Results: How many VF software changes do YOU remember?
I'm brand new, vBulletin is it! 1 1.08%
Fitness Online 18 19.35%
the dreaded "interim software" 17 18.28%
the one before that (what was it called?) 35 37.63%
even farther!!! (tell us about it!) 22 23.66%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-01, 08:58 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

the underground

I believe the underground worked by checking new messages, right? It would let you into new messages when it wouldn't let you into the forum at large, so if you clicked on new messages you could create posts. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I always think of Daphne as the Underground Queen because wasn't she the one who figured that out?
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 09:10 AM  
Gov't Girl

Thumbs up

I used to post back in 1997 (don't remember what name I used it's been so long!) , then dropped out over a year ago becasue I could never manage the software (I kept getting bumped, too slow, etc).

I checked in a few days ago, and was very happily surprised to see the new format. I'd like to stick around this time!
Gov't Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-01, 01:46 PM  
Cathy B
VF Supporter

WWWboard for me...

This is my first post on the new software! I started, I think, in spring '97, on the WWWboard software. It seemed OK then, when I was on a 28.8 dialup line and thinking I had a pretty fast connection. After all the iterations of this board, I think this is the best yet.

Cathy B.

***Well, I couldn't even remember the right name,it was so long ago...I think I've got it now. Anyway, it was before the dreaded 'interim' software. /cb
Cathy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-01, 01:42 PM  
Christine L.
VF Supporter

Back in the day...

I remember when all the posts were on the main website and there were only a handful of posts each day and maybe 10-15 people who even posted!!! I don't think we even had the capability to post by "thread". Everything was just lumped together! I also remember hitting "RELOAD" on my browser .constantly so I could see if anyone new had posted while I was reading!

Then as the site grew, the list of posts got really LONG! So, Wendy went to software specific to discussion.

I also remember many different "faces" of VF. The site design has changed a lot over the years.

Christine
Christine L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-02, 12:37 PM  
nycdiane

Allaire

Was it the Allaire software that moved threads up to the top when a new post was added to it? I remember really liking that one. But I think this one is great!

nycdiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf history