Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-21, 07:27 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Why I Like My Mask

Alta's thread about the pandemic with her recent post about not liking wearing a mask made me think of reasons I like wearing a mask.

1. No need to wear lipstick, although I bought lots of lipsticks when I was first sitting at home scouring the internet - even though I rarely wear lipstick anyway.

2. It camouflages the fact that the sides of my hair look goofy a lot of the time, especially when it's getting longer.

3. I can talk to myself moving my lips and know one knows.

4. I can make comments about people under my breath and no one sees my lips moving.

5. No one can tell when I'm not wearing foundation (haven't worn it in months).

6. Many of my wrinkles are hidden.

7. I currently have a tiny skin cancer on my lower lip that's getting uglier and uglier as it's being treated.

How about you?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 07:32 PM  
Gams

I like wearing my mask (and my sunglasses at the same time) because:

1. No one can see the nasty faces I’m making at them

2. They hide my wrinkles and lack of makeup

3. They are cute - I had custom masks made with my dogs’ photos on them. Parley Baer’s picture is on 3 masks and Homer Joy’s picture is on 3 masks.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 07:39 PM  
Leonana

I liked them in winter because they kept my face warm. And in summer, they protect my face from the sun.
Old 04-09-21, 07:55 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I like wearing my mask for many of the same reasons: I don't have to put any makeup and/or lipstick on to look presentable, and once I put my cap (bad hair day) and my sunglasses on - I feel completely respectable and unrecognizable. If and when we completely get back to "normal", I'm going to miss the anonymity that a mask provides.
Old 04-09-21, 08:13 PM  
alisoncooks

Well, right now I'm hoping it's blocking out this pollen storm that's hitting us. Yikes. Pollen city.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:19 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Well, right now I'm hoping it's blocking out this pollen storm that's hitting us. Yikes. Pollen city.
Yes!! Luckily I'm not allergic, but it really dries out my throat! The little bit of rain we got tonight didn't help a bit

I really don't like wearing my mask because at job #1, I'm on the phone almost all day and it's just makes it harder. Luckily, I work in a little cubby where nobody else is around most of the time, so I can keep my mask off unless someone starts to come near my area.
Job #2 is a restaurant where it's warm and now that it's starting to get hot outside, the mask makes everything that much more sweaty

I do really like my Cobra Kai mask, though, and everyone loves my cat whisker one when I wear it!
Old 04-09-21, 08:22 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I like wearing my mask for many of the same reasons: I don't have to put any makeup and/or lipstick on to look presentable, and once I put my cap (bad hair day) and my sunglasses on - I feel completely respectable and unrecognizable. If and when we completely get back to "normal", I'm going to miss the anonymity that a mask provides.
This! I don't wear makeup, but when I put on a hat and have a mask on I feel invisible. I like that.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 08:32 PM  
MathTeacher

1. My face was warm during football season.

2. My BFF and I can talk about whatever we want at work and no one can tell we are even talking.

3. I have not gotten a single sinus infection or ear infection in over a year.

4. It covered my acne that I got from wearing my mask.

5. No one can see me yawn.

6. I've saved a lot of money on make up.

But.....

I went to the grocery store one day wearing a cap, no make up, my glasses and a mask. I knew I was incognito. As soon as I got near the door a former student yelled at me.
Old 04-09-21, 10:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

No one knows that I have Bell's Palsy behind my mask.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 10:46 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
But.....

I went to the grocery store one day wearing a cap, no make up, my glasses and a mask. I knew I was incognito. As soon as I got near the door a former student yelled at me.
Ha!

I like my mask for many of the same reasons. It kept my face warm in the winter and I can hide behind it (mostly). I've also had people recognize me when I thought they wouldn't. I guess it's the hair and glasses. I am also less anxious when I wear it and see others wearing masks, too.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, makeup, masks