Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-21, 04:01 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Any success w/The Firm V1, 2 or 6 w/o floor work

I was wondering if anyone has had success (body sculpting/weight loss/cardio improvement) by doing just the first part of the Firm volumes 1, 2 or 6? I have been doing the full workouts but somedays I am pressed for time. Any thoughts?
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 08:24 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i have and didn't do the floorwork. the best was i was walking down the street in a skirt and i hear one guy say to his buddy she must do legs every day.

i'm 57 and they were in their 20s so it wasn't like a cat call kinda thing i don't even think they meant for me to hear it.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 08:49 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
i have and didn't do the floorwork. the best was i was walking down the street in a skirt and i hear one guy say to his buddy she must do legs every day.

i'm 57 and they were in their 20s so it wasn't like a cat call kinda thing i don't even think they meant for me to hear it.
Well, that's a great testimonial regarding Firm Results!!! I appreciate you chiming in that results are possible without the floor work!! Thank you!!!!
Old 03-25-21, 02:31 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Floorwork is kind of a finisher to use Cathe's terminology. The inner and outer thigh muscles are very small and don't need to be worked to death. Where it might be useful is table work for the glutes and hamstrings, as they are larger muscle groups.

I do like Pilates floorwork because it has moves that rotate through the entire hip socket which I find useful, but they don't add muscle definition.
Old 03-25-21, 02:40 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Jane, that's a great way to describe floorwork. floorwork has greatly helped with my psoas and hip pain.

the firm tall box climbs are magic for my "thutt" area. they respond very well to tall box. you know.... "RESULTS THAT YOU CAN SEE." seriously.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 05:53 AM  
Carol K

I always do the whole workout for these, although I frequently have to stop during Vol. 1's floorwork. Back in 1989, when I was in my 30s, I didn't have to do this....
Old 03-25-21, 07:04 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Floorwork is kind of a finisher to use Cathe's terminology. The inner and outer thigh muscles are very small and don't need to be worked to death. Where it might be useful is table work for the glutes and hamstrings, as they are larger muscle groups.

I do like Pilates floorwork because it has moves that rotate through the entire hip socket which I find useful, but they don't add muscle definition.
Thank you, Jane!!
Old 03-25-21, 10:11 AM  
kat999

On a semi-similar note, for Firms (not just classics but some of the BSS1 sets, too) when they have you do table floor work draped over the tall box, do you do that, or do you just form yourself into the tabletop position? I find that the Fanny Lifter (which is what I use for all tall box work) is extremely uncomfortable under my rib cage, particularly when I'm at a, ahem, more ideal weight (e.g., my COVID weight has rendered this slightly less uncomfortable of late, since I am slightly padded ). But I seriously feel like it's digging into my ribs usually and it's really uncomfortable. Sometimes I struggle through it and other times I either just get into regular tabletop position without the box or sub in my inflatable yoga ball.

What is the purpose of draping yourself over the tall box?
Old 03-25-21, 10:34 AM  
Carol K

I think doing table work over the box is supposed to keep you from leaning to one side or the other. When I use the box, I position myself so it's primarily my lower body that is over the box.
Old 03-25-21, 02:09 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You actually get some core work in if you don't drape yourself over the box. Instead tighten your abdominals in the table position while moving your legs, it works more muscles. I never use a box that way. However, if you have a bad back, it might be wise to have that support.

Tags
the firm