Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-21, 10:52 AM  
JustSandra

I read the introductory information, including the description of the workouts, and watched Jessica's video. While I wish her well, and can certainly respect why she is taking this approach, I am going to pass.

Many of the workouts are 40-50 minutes in length, and these days I'm most consistent when I do 30 (and can then add on cardio or stretch if I want).

It is just Jessica (well, and Peanut too ). With my wonky knees I often need modifications, which Jessica has here but in an inset picture. I'd rather have Debbie there to demonstrate them and to work along with!

It is $97, and while I don't think that is unreasonable at all, I already own an extensive collection of workout DVDs and have barely scratched all the free workouts available on YouTube.

Finally, I'm just not really comfortable with a no-DVD approach. If this course is eventually released on DVD I'll reconsider the purchase.

That said, I'll be interested to hear how other VFers like the program!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 10:53 AM  
Messe

Back to say that all the videos miraculously appeared on the app on my Smart TV as soon as I purchased the program. The video quality is outstanding! The program itself looks outstanding as well.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 10:57 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Back to say that all the videos miraculously appeared on the app on my Smart TV as soon as I purchased the program. The video quality is outstanding! The program itself looks outstanding as well.
What app do you use Martha ?

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 10:59 AM  
Messe

It’s the PurplePlay app, Julie.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:06 AM  
alisoncooks

I'm sure she's tapping into a market (former gym-goers who are missing the social aspect)...but it's a big nope from me.

For one, my phone is so old, I can't even get that link to open. Bah-humbug.

Two, I really like Jessica as an instructor, but my body does not. It is what it is. I already have several of her DVDs that I don't use...I certainly don't need more.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:09 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Oh yay, an early adopter! Tell us more

About the checkin and schedule - I'm considering those optional. If I purchase, I'll try starting out on the calendar and *maybe* checking in with the group, but I'm likely to fall behind the calendar and/or skip the checkins. I was happy that Jessica mentioned it's possible to do the program on an "every other day" basis; she's good at recognizing individual differences. I am happy that all the videos showed up on your app; I wasn't sure whether they might come out one at a time. (I admit I haven't read everything nor watched the intro video. I will.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:10 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I think this actually looks really good and like something I could use, but it's really hard to justify $97 (which is higher than any other program she's offered) for something I can't own. I don't really like digital content and really prefer DVDs, but even if this were downloads, it would be a lot easier to justify the cost for me.

(I know I'm probably in the minority with this, but pets in workouts are a distraction for me, so there's that as well. I love my own pets, and love how much other people love their pets, but I don't really like them in workouts.)
Old 03-04-21, 11:11 AM  
angela105

So will she offer this "course" every 12 weeks? And we do it in real time? When will we be able to purchase again? This part is confusing. I'm going to pass this time around as I am a beginner, but will be interested in the future.
angela105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:18 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela105 View Post
So will she offer this "course" every 12 weeks? And we do it in real time? When will we be able to purchase again? This part is confusing. I'm going to pass this time around as I am a beginner, but will be interested in the future.
That was my other question as well. I am not interested at all in doing the program "in real time" if that is the only option.
Old 03-04-21, 11:28 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

I definitely need to increase my weight training and this program looks really good. I like Jessica because she always uses variety and has lots of tips for doing an exercise safely.

However I am a little put off at not having DVDs or at least a download that I can keep. What if I'm somewhere that I don't have Wi-fi and can't stream the workout That said I have been doing some streaming (Team Body Project) and paying a monthly fee so really I guess it isn't a lot different. This breaks down to about $8 per workout which seems a little steep but you have to add in the extras (for people that like a schedule/group setting).

My understanding is that there is a registration deadline but you can start the workouts any time you want, you don't have to be part of the check in group (definitely not me) and the workouts are yours to access anytime forever. Am I understanding that correctly?

ETA: Wish all of the workouts were 40 min or less
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift