Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-09-21, 09:11 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Beginner Epic Day 5 Full Body HIIT. These seem great for when I need shorter workouts without spending the time to design my own week or a less intense week. Really liked this. 40s work, 20s burpees, 30s rest. Followed with Heather Robertson's Advanced 4 min Tabata. It was no repeat and I only substituted KB swings for one exercise.
I really like Caroline’s Beginner series. I wish she would add some new ones at this level. I haven’t tried the HIIT one yet. It’s on schedule for this week. Thanks for the review.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 09:12 AM  
ChelePA

Anna’s HIIT it Harder Day 9 Leg and Glutes with band. You definitely want to have a higher resistance band to feel the burn. She keeps the resistance band above her knees for every exercise in this one. She does a total of 10 exercises 50 seconds on, 10 seconds rest and then repeats them once. It was a 30 minute workout including warm-up and stretch. I decided to add on Heather Robertson‘s Inner/Outer Thigh Toning. No equipment. It was around 20 minutes. She does 11 exercises then repeats them once. I think she does every exercise for around 30 seconds with a 10 second rest. No timer in this one which I missed . Only beeps. I would consider both intermediate/advanced intermediate. A little less intensity today which is exactly what I needed.
Old 03-09-21, 09:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I'm still plugging along w/ some You Tube trainers...I finished Pahla B's March playlist and I have moved on to Lucy Wyndham Read's Feel Fabulous Home Fitness Challenge

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-challenge/

I did Day # 1 today - cardio/tone...

Never would I have thought I would like doing workouts like this w/ no music, no fancy setting, etc. but Lucy is just very engaging and I can play my own music if I want...

You guys are doing some tough routines!!

I also want to check out Caroline Jordan and Pilates & Yoga w/ Katja and Yoga w/ Kassandra is going to be having an April challenge. Lots on You Tube!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 04:16 PM  
manleym

Today I did Growing Annanas March Challenge 30 Min Leg Day Workout - with Mini Band, Legs and Booty (Hiit It Harder Day 9). Thanks ChelePA for the breakdown of moves and using a heavy resistance band. I used a heavy band and also wore a weighted vest to increase the intensity. For some of the moves, I wore the band around ankles instead of above the knees. It seemed like there was greater resistance when the band was around my ankles as opposed to my knees. Anyone else have thoughts on that? Is there more resistance when the band is around the ankles rather than above the knees? Curious...This was a really good workout, but I was apparently needing a little bit of cardio, so I did Heather's Full Body Kettlebell Workout and LOVED it!!! It got my heart rate up without jumping, so it was a nice change of pace. She does 3 rounds of same exercises, so by the 3rd round I was really able to get into the move and swing the bell. Well, apparently that wasn't enough, so I did Heather's Legs & Booty Workout with Ankle Weights. Took me back to the good ole' days of popping a cassette in my boom box, strapping on a pair of ankle weights, and "toning." Another nice change of pace and good variety for using different muscles. These all work great as add-ons and I would revisit them again as add-ons. I finished with Five Parks Yoga Deep Stretch Yoga Class because I knew my lower body needed it. It ended with a great splits move to really stretch out the legs. All good workouts!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 05:21 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym...around ankles is the harder move versus above knees. I used a really heavy band so I just followed her lead. But at the ankles will add intensity.
Old 03-09-21, 05:22 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Manleym...around ankles is the harder move versus above knees. I used a really heavy band so I just followed her lead. But at the ankles will add intensity.
Thanks for confirming, Chele. I thought that was the case, at least it felt like it, but wanted to make sure it wasn't just all in my mind.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 09:16 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

Yoga w/ Kassandra is going to be having an April challenge. Lots on You Tube!

Donna
Thanks for the heads up Donna. Off to see what to expect and how to add it into my schedule.

ETA: Don't see this mentioned on her youtube channel. Where/what info do you have? TIA.
Old 03-10-21, 09:28 AM  
buffmama

Beginner Epic Day 1 BW Legs. Nothing not to like here either. Easy compared to EPIC but that doesn't mean it's not getting the job done. Absolutely no dread. Tomorrow is BW Upper - I'm expecting a little dread - just how many push ups do I have to do? Will preview and dread til tomorrow. Followed with Mr and Mrs Muscle Cardio HIIT no 24 - I made it mixed impact substituting mountain climbers for one round of burpees, KB swings for butt kickers.
Old 03-10-21, 11:58 AM  
donnamp

buffmama - I get Kassandra's weekly newsletters and she mentioned the challenge there - I think this week's newsletter will have details which I will post here. Last year it was 10 min in yoga in the morning, so easy to fit in!

Today I continued on w/ LWR...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 12:01 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
buffmama - I get Kassandra's weekly newsletters and she mentioned the challenge there - I think this week's newsletter will have details which I will post here. Last year it was 10 min in yoga in the morning, so easy to fit in!

Today I continued on w/ LWR...

Donna
This sounds perfect for me. Looking forward to the details.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle