Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-21, 07:06 PM  
Tugger31

Smile Thigh/Hip/Glute looking better!

I had been neglecting regular workouts and my pants were getting snug in the thigh/hip area, so I decided to refer to some old workout journals and start doing what seemed to have worked in the past....and 3 weeks later, pants are less snug! This is without any significant diet changes.

My magical bullet seems to be walking and Ballet Beautiful! I'm happy for that too, because I'm not a fan anymore of intense workouts or endless squats and lunges!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 08:13 PM  
DCW

I love winter walking since I have seen eagles and red-tail hawks. It's easier to see them with no leaves on the trees.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 09:42 PM  
bubbles76

Congrats on your results Tugger
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 02:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

Congrats Tugger!!! And not a complicated routine either.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 04:07 AM  
Nelly G

Wow great results Tugger. So we do not need Rachael Attards workouts.
I already do the walking outside. Which Ballet Beautiful dvds did you use?

I have her dvds so I would love to hear from you the names of the dvds you use the most to get those results!
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 07:09 AM  
Tugger31

I decided not to get Rachael's workouts only b/c I have some workout limitations and didn't want to spend money and end up having to modify things too much, but I did use her as inspiration to look back at my workout notes which led me to walking again!

Right now I'm walking on my treadmill (no incline) because it's been too cold to walk outside. I am currently walking 3 days a week one walk is a moderate pace and moderate distance (right now 3-4 miles), another walk is a speed interval walk currently walk 1/8th mile pretty fast alternating with another 1/8th mile cool down walk at an easy pace. I'm doing the actual walk interval part for a total of 2 miles and then add a short walk just to warm up and cool down and my 3rd walk I am doing an easy pace and working on my distance. I haven't bumped up my distance too much yet one week I didn't have the time and just did another 3 miles and the other week I did 4 miles. When I was doing alot of walking outside I would walk about 7-8 miles. I don't think I'll end up going for more than that, maybe a max of 10 miles but I'm sure I won't do that often just b/c of the time factor, but I'd at least want it to be 4-5 miles on my "long" day.

For Ballet Beautiful I have only been using the Classic dvd. I do the glute bridge series twice a week and the inner/outer thigh together on the same day once a week. I'm working out 5 days a week, one day is an all upper body strength day and no walking at all. The 5th day is my free day to do my workout of choice. I will be switching up the BB workouts, same plan, just different workouts and for that I'll use sections from her Blast dvd.

M-Rest Day
T-Mod pace, mod distance walk + Glute Bridges
W-Upper Body
Th-Speed/Interval walk + Inner/Outer Thigh
Fri-Rest Day
Sat-Workout of Choice + Glute Bridges (I do the 2nd Glute Bridge series either Sat or Sun)
Sun-Long walk

One week my workout of choice was just an extended stretch day. Another week I did Amy Dixon's HiiT workout and followed the easiest modifier and another week I did another upper body day and added on Swan Arms. Since right now my focus is lower body, I'm pretty much making my upper body focus just maintenance. Originally I was going to do a split upper body on Wed and Saturday but didn't want to commit to an upper body workout every Saturday. So I at least do upper body once a week on Wed and then my core workouts which are mostly planks also work the arms. I'm enjoying giving myself a workout of choice day to do what I feel my body needs that day and/or what I have time for. I might restart Cathe's STS and just do one upper body workout a week, or stick to do whatever upper body workout I feel like for the day.

On Mondays when the weather is better I will probably do a short walk outside sometime in the afternoon more for my mental health and just to be outside. Right now after work/errands it's too dark (and cold!). I'm also doing some core work 2-3 times a week whenever I can fit it in. That is mostly plank work, following a 30 day Core Strength plan I found on Darebee.com https://darebee.com/programs/core-strength.html
Old 02-06-21, 07:26 AM  
Nelly G

Thanks Tugger.

Do you mean this dvd:
https://www.balletbeautiful.com/total-body-workout-dvd
Old 02-06-21, 07:36 AM  
Tugger31

Yes, that is the one I'm currently using.
Old 02-06-21, 07:47 AM  
Nelly G

Thanks Tugger for sharing your schedule. It looks great.

Also the dvd core strenght workout looks great. The information on the site looks also great. I read that the horizontal dvds were helping people here to get great abs so I imagine that this core workout with a lot of planks and body weight workout will do too.
Old 02-06-21, 08:01 AM  
Tugger31

Thanks for the reminder! I have a Horizontal Conditioning dvd I bought a LONG time ago but it was too hard. I may get that out again. Ever since I had surgery on my discs over a year ago, my workout attitude was forced to change b/c of some exercises my doc doesn't want me doing anymore. So even if the workout is hard, I do what I can and be grateful for that and the progress I make each time I do something. My surgery is actually how I started walking. Before that I was doing alot of higher weight, Cathe, plyo stuff and wasn't happy with my legs. I was really consistent with walking after surgery b/c that was pretty much all I could do. Lo and behold it was my "magic" workout for my long sought after thigh slimming. It took about 6 months to see the noticeable results b/c at first I was working on getting my strength/endurance up. This time around I have seen results much quicker. I'm sure my legs aren't as strong as before but they certainly have alot of endurance. And, they are certainly strong enough for my needs.

Tags
ballet beautiful, results, spot reduction, thigh slimming, walking