Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-21, 09:57 AM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Question What streaming services...

do you recommend? I've got a ton of dvds (K C-M, and Cathe's intermediate sets) so I really don't need one. I'm just curious and interested in seeing what's out there. No yoga...
Old 02-01-21, 11:14 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I'm using Peloton, iFit, and Les Mills. I've also tried Lindsay Brin, Barre 3, and Suzanne Bowen, that i recall.

I do have a Schwinn spin bike and Proform rowing machine. Here's why I use each one:

Les Mills - love the variety of cycle workouts and BodyCombat. I also do some BodyPump and Grit. Not sure whether I'll keep this one when my year ends this fall.

Peloton - using my brother's account so it's free. I do like the variety of workouts, especially the outdoor audio walks and runs! The site/app is relatively easy to use to find something specific (e.g. 10 minute ab workout). There are tons of instructors, so easy to find someone who appeals to me, even just that day.

iFit - also good variety, including audio outdoor workouts and "outdoor" workouts where the instructor is outside, doing say, a guided row. This app syncs with my rower and controls its resistance. Lots of different instructors here too, and I love being able to do the "outdoor" workouts even when it's too dark and cold here for them.

In a nutshell, I think I use these because they have the best variety of a) types of workouts, b) workout lengths, and c) are relatively easy to use. Les Mills seems to have the least variety, which is why it may go. I enjoyed Lindsay Brin and the others I had before but would prefer workouts from several instructors.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 01:22 PM  
laurajhawk

There was a big thread on this last month: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230170

I'm addicted to Beachbody On Demand, myself.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 01:11 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I am pretty content with my huge collection of KCM and Cathe DVDs among others (Gilad, Jari Love, Kathy Smith, Karen Voight, Kari Anderson, Ellen Barrett, The FIRM, Margaret Richard, Lauren Brooks and a bunch of onesie twosies from the likes of Tamilee Webb, Kristen Dowell, Gay Gasper, Andrea Metcalfe, Katina Hunter, Scott Cole, Janis Saffell, Jennifer Galardi, Michelle Dozois, etc.) I only use YouTube for streaming additional floor aerobics and step aerobics (Jenny Ford and Gin Miller are top of mind) and of course, Jessica Smith TV (the best!) I also use YouTube for yoga stuff to supplement my DVD, CD and YogaWorks streaming collections.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming services