Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-21, 11:26 PM  
SEV

I was wanting to do a challenge, but I think I would like it better if I mixed instructors. I wonder if that would defeat the purpose?

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 06:41 AM  
mandie123

I am doing a mix of 60"s and 70"s,hoping the challenges stay up after 21 days,as i want to go thru them all!
Old 01-12-21, 09:16 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
I was wanting to do a challenge, but I think I would like it better if I mixed instructors. I wonder if that would defeat the purpose?

Susan
I don't think so. I am doing a hybrid following ages 20-50. I am in my mid-60's an able to follow the 20's workouts with no problem. I am kind of picking the ones that look appealing to me.

I agree I hope they stay up after the challenge. I have said that about the live classes as well.
Old 01-13-21, 10:01 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I enjoyed Sahra's Live workout yesterday (1/12) for the 40s. I kind of think it was the standing portion from Class of 2012 and just a wee bit from the floor portion. I think it was even the same music. (I've done the Class of 2012 *a lot* since it's my favorite Essentrics workout ever!)
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 10:39 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I enjoyed Sahra's Live workout yesterday (1/12) for the 40s. I kind of think it was the standing portion from Class of 2012 and just a wee bit from the floor portion. I think it was even the same music. (I've done the Class of 2012 *a lot* since it's my favorite Essentrics workout ever!)
Yes! It was exactly that, with the same music. Class of 2012 is also my favorite Essentrics workout, so I really enjoyed Sahra's live workout.

I also did Sahra's 40s Toning and Cellular Vitality workout on Monday. It was a slow and controlled workout, and every single body part was given attention! This one included many of the signature moves. It was not an easy workout but I completed it feeling really relaxed. I suppose that's the magic of Essentrics. My hips were extremely loose and happy after this one. Here are some notes I took (note that I did not mention every single exercise):

- 0 min Warmup & shoulder release
- 9 min Posture, feet and hips
Clock, Carribean spine, windmills, bicycle, letters
- 18 min Hands and arms
- 23 min Plies, windmills, airplane
- 33 min calves
- 38 min floorwork glutes and legs
- 45 min stretch (lying on back and then seated)
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 05:03 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I did it this workout this morning and I agree it is much like Class of 2012 and I agree, it's one of my favorites. Sahra is putting out some good stuff lately. I hope she continues to put out workouts. Her instruction is awesome.
Old 01-13-21, 08:35 PM  
Bluebelle

I did Maude's 20s workout today & really enjoyed it. I'm going to try and do all of them, regardless of age.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:58 AM  
carolyn jane

I think it is really strange that they created workouts assuming that everyone is the same just because they are in the same decade of life. Reading the comments here it is clear that is not the case - people who are all different ages are doing segments from other decades than their own (e.g. someone in their 50s may be doing the 20s segment). It seems to me that it sends the wrong message to assume that people's fitness is connected to their decade of life.
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 09:01 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
I think it is really strange that they created workouts assuming that everyone is the same just because they are in the same decade of life. Reading the comments here it is clear that is not the case - people who are all different ages are doing segments from other decades than their own (e.g. someone in their 50s may be doing the 20s segment). It seems to me that it sends the wrong message to assume that people's fitness is connected to their decade of life.
I agree....I don't think people want to be put in an age specific box. They want to feel good and move with ease at every age.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 09:57 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
I agree as well. I am glad they had foresight to post all of the classes and programs so we can pick and choose.

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, etv health challenges, health challenge