Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-20, 11:33 AM  
Gams

Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Super Challenge

I did this walk this morning because I like variety, wanted to hear some different music and wanted to see the old gang. I’m bummed out, though, because the workout was almost an hour long and I only got 3600 steps. I don’t want to do the same workouts all the time, but I couldn’t help thinking that I would have gotten A LOT more steps if I had done one of my Kristin Dowell workouts. My daily goal is 11,000 steps. I think I’m going to start keeping a log of the steps I get with different workouts so I know which ones will get me up to 11,000 faster.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 12:35 PM  
Mickey12

Wow, that is a low step count for an hour. Really surprising. I usually get about 1,000 steps in ten minutes. Did the pace of the workout seem slow? Something seems off for sure. That’s a good idea to make down the step counts for future use.
Old 12-27-20, 04:16 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I would ask the same question as Kim--did the pace seem slow?

I get about 1,000 steps per 10 minutes for most of Jessica's Walk On workouts.

I get about the same amount of steps per 10 min on average with Kristin Dowell (following the low impact modifier).

For example:

63min DUD+DUD Drills only (best dressed cardio premix) approx 5700-6000 steps (DUD=Dressed Up Drills)

61m HLR approx 5800-6500 steps (HLR=Hi/Lo Recharge)...not sure why sometimes I've recorded 700 more steps for this one on some days vs. others.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 04:47 PM  
Gams

First mile was slow - about 16 minutes, but second mile was 13 minutes and last two were about average, I guess. I always get around 1,500 steps for a 15 minute mile as well, so I don’t know what happened today.
Old 12-27-20, 06:17 PM  
rhbrand

Sounds like for some reason, your fitbit didn't count all the steps. A glitch or something
Old 12-28-20, 07:41 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'm guessing too that the fitbit didn't count some steps. My pedometer doesn't always catch side-to-side steps unless they're very wide for example.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 10:35 AM  
Gams

I did the workout again this morning, but couldn’t stand the thought of a whole hour with Leslie today, so I did half the workout and got 2,834 steps, so there must have been something wrong with my pedometer yesterday. I had on clothes I don’t usually wear while working out so maybe my waistband was squeezing the life out of my pedometer. 😁
Old 12-28-20, 11:49 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

glad the mystery was solved!

should we start an exclusive Leslie steps thread? i tagged this thread.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 01:36 PM  
kat999

Whew, I was gonna say, that sounds VERY low. I try to boost up to a light jog when doing a Leslie during segments when she's just walking and then switch to the specific movements when she does arms or different steps, and I average about 2K steps per mile that way. A 4-miler results in around 8K steps, and so I can't imagine that even not jogging at all would only get you in the 3K range.

Tags
leslie sansone, step count