Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-20, 06:48 PM  
gigi

Just finished The Crucible....
Old 11-29-20, 07:58 PM  
Malinda

The Crucible

Angela, I did The Crucible on Thanksgiving Day. My abs are STILL sore from those army crawls and the slider burpees. And i mean ALL of my abs, from top to bottom -- even those hard-to-work low, low abs. And my shoulders.

That workout is a keeper for me! I tried The 50-rep Crucible from 6 Weeks of the Work -- it about killed me. I can't imagine doing the 75-rep or worse, the 100-rep version. But it's a good goal!
Old 11-30-20, 09:20 AM  
laurajhawk

I did Push this morning and REALLY enjoyed it! This is about the right intensity for me so I may never do The Work, lol. I like Amoila a lot. I will probably spread out the workouts so that one program week takes me two weeks (3 workouts/week) and I'll probably alternate program weeks with one or two other programs 'cause that's how I roll lately.
Grateful to this thread and you all for putting this program on my radar!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 06:22 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda View Post
Angela, I did The Crucible on Thanksgiving Day. My abs are STILL sore from those army crawls and the slider burpees. And i mean ALL of my abs, from top to bottom -- even those hard-to-work low, low abs. And my shoulders.

That workout is a keeper for me! I tried The 50-rep Crucible from 6 Weeks of the Work -- it about killed me. I can't imagine doing the 75-rep or worse, the 100-rep version. But it's a good goal!
My abs are sore as well! I could only do 2 to 3 army crawls before I dropped and I'm still sore. And yes, I get you....ALL the ab area....LOL!

I've started incorporating the Range & Repair workouts from The Work as they are only 25 minutes and focus on different areas. I love the Range & Repair workouts. They have really helped my mobility and some problem areas.
Old 12-01-20, 06:25 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I did Push this morning and REALLY enjoyed it! This is about the right intensity for me so I may never do The Work, lol. I like Amoila a lot. I will probably spread out the workouts so that one program week takes me two weeks (3 workouts/week) and I'll probably alternate program weeks with one or two other programs 'cause that's how I roll lately.
Grateful to this thread and you all for putting this program on my radar!
I find some workouts more difficult than others. I'm glad you enjoyed Push. Be sure to try Range and Repair. I think it is just awesome. As of right now, I'm contemplating doing The Work Prep for another 4 weeks before moving on to The Work. I am in my third week of my first round of The Work Prep. I love the length of the workouts and find they are quite challenging. Sometimes I sub a more straight up strength move to use heavier weights.
Old 12-02-20, 09:56 AM  
laurajhawk

I do plan to use Range and Repair after reading the raves about it here! I had thought I might just drop the last two workouts every week, but it seems like people like the day 5 ones (The Crucible is one of them) and also R&R, so I'm going to spread the 6-day "workout week" over two weeks so I can do them all.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 07:27 PM  
mimikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
...I may never do The Work, lol. I like Amoila a lot. I will probably spread out the workouts so that one program week takes me two weeks (3 workouts/week)...
This is similar to my new approach to avoid my killer full-body DOMS. I'm repeating week 1, alternating BBOD workouts with my own recovery cardio workout. Daily 40-ish minute outdoor walks of course continue

Love this program, DOMS and all though

Mimi K
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 07:37 PM  
gigi

I really can't say enough about Range & Repair! I'm mostly following the workout calendar but sometimes get behind a day. I think if I did one more four week round I could get super ready for The Work or I could do The Work and modify as needed. I just can't make up my mind.

Anyway, today was a rest day and I start back up tomorrow with Endurance & Agility.

Tags
bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand, the prep, the work