Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-20, 12:05 PM  
Negin

Amazon Halo

Does anyone else have one yet?
So far, it's by invitation only for Early Access and I received an email yesterday. Just ordered mine and can't wait!
I was about to order a Fitbit, but am happy to try this out.
Old 11-10-20, 02:46 PM  
mamaste

I have one. I’ve had it for a month or so. I like the body fat tracker and tone tracker a lot. I also enjoy the labs. What I don’t like is the reliance on using your phone. I wish it would at least vibrate or something to let me know to check my phone.
Old 11-10-20, 04:36 PM  
DD546

I got the early invitation, but I was turned off by the monthly fee. For those of you who have this, what are the advantages over a Fit bit?
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 04:37 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

I've had one for about 6 weeks. I've never had a FitBit or any other tracker, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I like the body analysis feature -- it's pretty cool. But the other features seems kind of lackluster to me, and the app seems flaky especially on the sleep quality. It will say one thing when you wake up in the morning, and then it changes next time you look at it . . . . Also, I don't use the voice tone thing because it eats up your battery really, really fast.

I'm not crazy about it as it is, but I think Amazon will improve it as time goes on, like they've done with the Echo, Kindle, etc. You get 6 months free and then it's $3/per month or something like that. I'll make a decision at the end of my 6 months on whether I want to renew based on how much they improve the app and features during that time.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 10:13 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
I've had one for about 6 weeks. I've never had a FitBit or any other tracker, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I like the body analysis feature -- it's pretty cool. But the other features seems kind of lackluster to me, and the app seems flaky especially on the sleep quality. It will say one thing when you wake up in the morning, and then it changes next time you look at it . . . . Also, I don't use the voice tone thing because it eats up your battery really, really fast.
I'm not crazy about it as it is, but I think Amazon will improve it as time goes on, like they've done with the Echo, Kindle, etc. You get 6 months free and then it's $3/per month or something like that. I'll make a decision at the end of my 6 months on whether I want to renew based on how much they improve the app and features during that time.
Annie, that's very helpful. Thank you!
Old 11-13-20, 03:29 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

I don't want to discourage anybody from trying it. You can always return it if you don't like it.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 06:49 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
I don't want to discourage anybody from trying it. You can always return it if you don't like it.
Thank you. I didn't take it that way at all. I didn't think that you were being discouraging.
I won't be able to return mine since we live outside the country and that's a giant pain.
If I end up not liking it, at least it wasn't too expensive, and I can always get a Fitbit or whatever.

Tags
activity tracker, amazon halo, halo